Shambala Petit Hotel
US$466
US$455
US$214
US$209
All reviewsyoga roomyoga retreatbreakfast roomfrench press coffeetable sharingtreehouse roomyogurtsmall paradisebody and soulamazing yogalittle slice of heavenmagical placequaint hotelnight guardan amazing beachwhite fisheco resort
Reviewed 30 July 2009

This was our third stay in Tulum and our first time at Shambala. We had walked by on the beach many times and I always wanted to stay here. Finally this time, my husband and I decided to wing it and find a place to stay when we arrived. I am sooo glad we finally were able to stay here! If you are in need of a quiet place to retreat and relax, this is your place. The rooms were simple and beautiful, the staff very kind and accomodating. There is a beautiful glassed-in yoga studio right on the beach. They had breakfast for us each morning of fresh fruit, juice, tea and croissants. We all sat together with the owner, Roberto and he gave us great recommendations on places to see and eat. Shambala was truly the place for us and we will definitely be back there our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2009

This place is ideal to rest up and regain balance…as a hardened lone lady traveller but used to creature comforts, this place hit the spot.

Shambala’s layout is soft on the eye, the rooms huddle the pristine beach overlooking the exquisite blue/green sea. The décor is reminiscent of South beach, Miami in it’s stylish beach furnishings using white, black and orange Zen like colour scheme. The yoga room was lovely overlooking the sea. while practising yoga one feels the gentle ocean breeze and the sound of the ocean. The yoga teacher is extremely dedicated and professional … she clearly took her work seriously. The rooms are also located directly on the beach and are simply but tastefully decorated and are surprisingly pleasant to spend time in. I chose to stay in what I named the tree house room with its outdoor private bathroom…I simply loved it!!
The breakfast room is set back to the rear of the property, the breakfast was extremely healthy with a wide variety of choices like fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals and many other things. The breakfast is served “family style” with guests gathered around one table sharing tips and travel experiences- all this overseen by the affable owner and owner/manager Roberto.
Excellent massages are available with the super nice masseuse Carolina and after a long hot day visiting ruins were extremely needed

The only slight drawback to this place is that they only offer breakfast, however, within a short walking distance there are several great watering holes.

I had a super week here and was ready to hit the road again in better shape than I had arrived.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2009

It is an incredible place! moisturize with peace, full of harmony and warm with love.
Each one of the cabañas has a particular and special touch, the love this place has can be felt in each little part of the hole area of the hotel.
The kindness of the owner Roberto, Enzo and the staff gives you what the marines experience when they arrive to port.
Feel the experience! I have been there every August since 2007 and be there this 2009.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2009

I first visited Shambala in 2006, we loved it so much that we decided to have our wedding at Shambala. Roberto is amazing, he made every detail perfect and we had the most incredible wedding. I also love Shambala's delicious food and it is a perfect place to go if you want to unwind. When I close my eyes and dream of paradise I imagine being there.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2009

I attended a Yoga/Reiki retreat at Shambala Petit Hotel for 1 week. It is a perfect location for a group retreat, the energy of the place, the peacefulness, the amazing private beach met all my requirement and more. The meals were of high quality food and very well prepared. So delicious. Walking on the beach alone and feeling very safe. There is lots activities avaialable and the owners is very helpful in organizing our trips. It was an amazing fulfilling, relaxing, resourcing week at Shambala!!!

• Stayed: February 2009