“Excellent excursion!!!”

Hidden Worlds Family Cenote Park
Ranked #30 of 95 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden Worlds Cenotes Park offers unique jungle adventures including , cenote snorkeling, ziplines, rappelling, Diving, the skycycle and the Avatar. This park has been featured in more films then any other park in the greater Cancun area including; critically acclaimed 2001 IMAX movie, Journey Into Amazing Caves and the 2007 BBC Planet Earth series, Natgeo in 2007 and HDTV "GET OUT" series in 2011.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Stacy, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Excellent excursion!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

Beautiful park and great experience. This was an excellent addition to our trip to the Maya Riviera. Hidden worlds picked us up at our hotel and took care of everything from there. Avatar was amazing. We rode Avatar twice. The skycyle was very cool. Great view of the jungle. The swim in the cenotes was amazing. I would highly recommend this adventure park. great value for the dollar.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Gina E

Portland, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Needs a renovation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

We visited the Mayan Riviera in September 2012 and booked our adventure at Hidden Worlds before we arrived, and before we realized Xplor was a superior adventure property nearby. It was apparent everyone else was aware of Xplor because we were the only 2 people on the group tour. I've been on a number of these types of adventure tours in various parts of Mexico and Hawaii. This was the worst I've been on. The bicycle through the trees was tiring and way too long. All the equipment was old and rusted and needs to be replaced (the handle on my sky bike broke off). The rollercoaster was cool because it was unlike anything I had been on. While terrifying, it was memorable. I was thankful for having great upper body strength because I don't think this is meant for everyone. The ziplines were nothing special, I don't even remember them. However, my husband did enjoy the activities more than I did, as he wasn't concerned about the rusted, old looking equipment. The lunch provided was good but we thought it was weird that we had to pay extra, as we thought it was part of the package. The staff were friendly but the owners need to make updates or Xplor will put them out of business.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank BMarg
Pomona
“Breathtaking.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

My wife and I recently visited Tulum and Coba for an adventure including Mayan ruins and a unique experience in these underground rivers called "Cenotes." These Cenotes are absolutely amazing and only exist in a handful of locations around the world. Our personal tour guide, Matin, was great. Informative. Witty and patient. He seemed as intrigued doing his job as we were as tourists doing this of the first time. We decided to go on early on a weekday to avoid groups of people and it turned out perfect. Martin was literally our personal guide for our entire 1hr expedition. Us 3 ventured to familiar routes and some unfamiliar ones Martin suggested. Providing pictures and great information and interesting banter and dialouge, he was perfect.
I give him and Hidden Worlds an A+. O ly suggestion: bring a water camera and take your own pictures. -Sergio and Sheryl

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hidden World Xenote”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

So much fun. Not for claustaphobic people though. We bought the trip at the hotel and had a fantastic guide from canada who spoke english and french

Albania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good Guide, Dangerous Equipment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

We went to Hidden World for a snorkel tour of a cenote. It was $25 per person, which included the equipment. Unlike the other cenote we went to, we didn't have to take a shower before, and they didn't say anything about not wearing sunscreen or insect repellent. Our guide was great, and the cenote was beautiful, but my husband's snorkel had a hole in it, so he had to hold it and was constantly flushing out water. One cool part was when we turned our flashlights out to see how dark it really is under there. It was frightening and amazing. We were having a lot of fun. About two minutes later, my flashlight went out, and a couple of minutes after that, my husband's flashlight went out too! The guide was not surprised. Maybe this is why he had a flashlight he bought himself. If he had had a company flashlight, we might have been stuck in that cenote for a long time in the pitch black. It would have been a long time before they came for us, and the water is freezing. My husband asked about a dive earlier, but there is no way we would dive with them. It's very dangerous.
When we got back, we told the desk clerk. He apologized but didn't look surprised either. Of course, there is no way you could get any of your money back at a place like this. It's obvious, they are trying to make as much as possible with the least amount of effort.

Visited October 2012