“Hidden Worlds - you will want to return” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hidden Worlds Family Cenote Park

Hidden Worlds Family Cenote Park
Ranked #28 of 93 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden Worlds Cenotes Park offers unique jungle adventures including , cenote snorkeling, ziplines, rappelling, Diving, the skycycle and the Avatar. This park has been featured in more films then any other park in the greater Cancun area including; critically acclaimed 2001 IMAX movie, Journey Into Amazing Caves and the 2007 BBC Planet Earth series, Natgeo in 2007 and HDTV "GET OUT" series in 2011.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Rosenort
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hidden Worlds - you will want to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2008

After doing some research on the internet to try and
find a cenote area to take our family to while we were on holiday in the Yucatan we decided to go to Hidden Worlds. We did not know what to expect but whatever we had envisioned did not even come close to the actual experience. The adventure started with the most unique Jungle transportation a person could even imagine. Please don''t ever change that. I didn''t think I was going to be able to Zip Line and was certain I was not going to be able to rappel into the cenote but with the confidence of the great staff I was able to do both of those activities and I am so glad I did. The cenote snorkelling was so far the most amazing thing we have ever done in Mexico and the Sky Cycle is something you have to do to really appreciate. Every staff member was truly great at their job and made the whole day one of the most
AWESOME tours we have ever gone on. We have already highly recommended this location to another group looking for something unique and exciting for families of various ages and we have also already decided we will be back next year.
Skinny Man your place ROCKS!!!!
Patti & John Norman & Family

4 Thank PatrikaRosenort

Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not to be missed experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2008

We just returned from our trip to the Yucatan. Our last stop before leaving was to Hidden Worlds. We had been on 2 dive trips in the ocean prior to Hidden worlds and were expecting to just snorkle that day in the Cenotes. We were happy to see that they had a complete dive shop on site, my 2 sons and I decided to dive while my wife chose to snorkle. We were only able to do a one tank dive due to our flight leaving the next day. We were fitted with suits and gear and started our drive into the jungle to the Bat Cave. The ride was an experience in itself on a flat bed truck, you get the feeling of being Indiana Jones on a jungle adventure. We reached the entrance which is set up with gear tables and benches to change and a place to store your gear. We decended into a hole and down a ladder into what is called the Bat Cave, which is a large cavern with many bats flying around. There is a platforn and another gear table in the cavern.

Once suited up we listened to instructions from our divemaster who was terrific and put us at ease for what we were about to experience. Th water is about 75 degrees and crystal clear with visibiliyt of nearly 600 feet. Once in the water we proceeded in a single file line behind our divemaster into what can only be described as amazing. The formations we saw were beautiful and the light that came in from various openings cast a blue glow in the water. The light from our flashlights seemed to trave forever through the water. We were lucky enough to be able to pass through the Halokline (sorry for the spelling) where salt and fresh water meet. At times we would hold our lights to our chest and float in the darkness while looking at the blue light filtering into the water from far off openings. It is hard to describe the visual beauty and the feeling of floating in space. Each turn brought formations more stunning the the previous ones. If you are a certified diver a Cenote Dive is not to be missed. One note, make sure you are comfotable with diving in an enclosed environment that is rather dark.

As far as the Hidden Worlds operation and staff, they were very proffessional and friendly. The equipment was in good shape other then a few small holes in the wet suits that were provided but not really an issue. The owner of Hidden Worlds is one of the foremost explores of the cavern systems and takes preservation of these natural wonders very seriously as do the staff so listen to the instructions and be gentle when you dive. When I return again to the Yucatan area I will make my first stop at Hidden Worlds.

One last note, a lot of the Cenotes in the area have a public access, Hidden Worlds do not, this means you will not be overrun with a tour bus while you are there and their prices are cheaper then taking a tour from another company. If you are driving be car Hidden Worlds is right on the main road with easy parking.

Make sure you bring some bananas with you to feed the resident monkeys.

3 Thank SeattleTradewinds
Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mind Blowing Adventure in the Jungle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2008

If you’re taking a trip to the Caribbean coast of Mexico, make sure you make the effort to visit “Hidden Worlds Cenotes Park” in Tulum. It is very near the ruins so there’s no excuse not to find it. It’s well worth finding as it is a real surprise package. Without giving too much away (because half the fun is finding out the delights for yourself), you will be transported into the jungle to experience a side of Mexico which is truly magical.

Hidden Worlds is a very well run business which supports the eco-system of the jungle whilst allowing us tourists to get in amongst it. I think the buzz word is ‘low-impact’ tourism or something and Hidden Worlds is just that. I experienced an enormous amount of warmth and generosity from the guides working there. They are extremely professional and very keen for you to have a good time.

If you choose the Adventure Package, which I highly recommend, you will have the most amazingly fantastic time. You get to ride a bicycle along the canopy of the forest. Yes, that’s right, a bicycle. It is a truly awesome way of getting to parts of nature you simply wouldn’t get to normally. I was ‘this close’ to a stunning jungle bird. The shimmering blue of his back and the glittering green of his neck was breathtaking and I was about a metre from it. The bicycle’s are noiseless, so as long as you keep shtum, then the jungle lives and breathes as if you weren’t there. It’s like your swinging through the trees like a monkey. You get to stop half way and go snorkelling in a cenote. I am no water baby but I was thrilled I had a go. I was with a group of experienced swimmers who were all very patient and the guide was excellent. He truly was a star. A very very memorable experience all round.

I could go on and on about Hidden Worlds but the best thing is for you to get down there and find out for yourself. I didn’t even know what a cenote was let alone how magical they were, so it was a wild day for me. The piccy's below were taken whilst up in the treetops. There's a bit where.....I don't want to say cos it might spoil it for you....get there and experience it yourself.

3 Thank WelshTiger
Toronto
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2008

We visited this place in March 2008. Snorkeling in cenotes was fun and interesting. They give you all need equipment include flash lights and you "swim" between rocks and stalactites.

Also we took Zip line (Canopy) and didn't like it too much... it's very small and short. My 6 y.o. daughter stop in the middle of zip line and local guys couldn't take her down for half an hour.. It would take them even more time , but I told her try push herself...and she was able to do so and slide to the end.

So, I'd recommend shorkeling in cenotes, but avoid zip-line

1 Thank Gibot
Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Ultimate Adventure Package -- a great day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2008

We went to Hidden Worlds during Thanksgiving of 2007. I purchased the "Ultimate Adventure Package" tour tickets online and saved $10 so the cost was $80 per person. The Ultimate Adventure Package was newly offered that week-- so we were some of the first people to experience it. Our group consisted of myself and my husband (50 & 52) and two of our children (21 & 19). We had a wonderful time!!!!

Hidden Worlds is run by Americans so you'll hear lots of English there. Arrive with sunscreen, drinking water and water shoes or tennis shoes and towels. Also, take along some snack food or lunch because they don't have a restaurant and you will be hungry during/after your activities. You can stay as long as you want, and go on the activities as many time as you want--but if you're starving you'll want to leave!

After presenting our vouchers (which are good ANY DAY... so don't worry about weather messing up your plans like Xelha or Xcaret advance tickets) we took their "custom" vehicles (read that as old trucks with engines exposed and flat beds with metal bars that provide places for the "passengers" to stand and hold on to) which made us feel like jungle adventurers in the 1940's. You hold on to the metal bars as your driver charges through rough jungle roads and lots of muddy puddles (it had rained the day before we went). It made us all laugh.

The first activity we did was skycycles. You sit in these, they are attached to metal cables, and you pedal across the canope of the jungle. It is not too strenuous, and if you take your time (you can stop as you go along) you'll see interesting vegitation and maybe a few lizards, birds and other small creatures. We arrived at the mouth of a cave where we unloaded, put on snorkeling gear, received flashlights and received a guided tour through an underground cenote. It was just us and our guide. Lots of stalagtites and absolute darkness and quiet--bats in the top of the cave too. Not many fish, but kind of an ethereal experience. Our guide spoke great English!

We were thoroughly cooled down and then took the skycycle another direction where we rode zip lines (as many times as we wanted) and saw a small native market. Then we took a different zip line where your landing was a splash down into another Cenote. Lots of fun! Here you could also don snorkeling gear to experience another cenote.

Within steps of this cenote you could also free rapel down into a cave that had an outdoor entrance... you just kind of walked around a hill to get back up to the entrance of both the cenote and the rapelling.

The establishment owners are great... they spent months on rigging the skycyle cables--- by hand--- through the jungle. It's mind boggling after you see it. And the day we were there we experienced nothing but personalized, professional attention and friendly service.

We spent about four hours there and were tired, but stopped in Akumal on our way back to our resort (we rented a car), and were quickly revived. Our son enjoyed the monkies in the parking lot! They were very friendly-- bring some fruit and they will display spontaneous delighty!

Just be prepared for being in Mexico... it's a more natural experience... not so sanitized or homogonized as the U.S. They kind of assume you have a brain and don't have to be protected from everything... :-)

3 Thank DrDebB