“Great experience 1st time zip lining ”

Hidden Worlds Family Cenote Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden Worlds Cenotes Park offers unique jungle adventures including , cenote snorkeling, ziplines, rappelling, Diving, the skycycle and the Avatar. This park has been featured in more films then any other park in the greater Cancun area including; critically acclaimed 2001 IMAX movie, Journey Into Amazing Caves and the 2007 BBC Planet Earth series, Natgeo in 2007 and HDTV "GET OUT" series in 2011.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend really wanted to check out Cenotes, we wanted to dive/snorkel and swim in the underwater pool . We found the hidden words driving by to check out the prices .. Cheetoh ( one of
The guys) easily convinced us to try out hidden words. He got me at Zip lining. Definitely a great experience ! I wish the actual zip line was way longer, but it was still very fun ride out there and the whole experience. Cenotes were beautiful although water was cold

1  Thank Vs161988

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was our second time at Hidden Worlds, after a five year hiatus, and we really enjoyed it again. This is the opposite of mass tourism. Each group seems to have 8-12 people and two guides, who offer a very personalized experience. I saw no more than 30 people total during a busy holiday week. The tour starts with a bumpy ride on homebuilt trucks a few kilometers to the main base in the jungle. From there we did six activities, including skycycle, a zip-coaster, rappelling into a cenote, regular zipline, ziplining into a cenote, and finally a snorkel into a cenote.
My daughter, 11, loved it all. She is very adventurous. Two women on our tour were too frightened to do some of the activities, which aren't for the faint of heart. Our personal favorites were the zip-coaster (short but really quite exhilarating), ziplining into the cenote and the snorkeling into the crystal clear cenote. Skycycle is tame and the rapelling seemed a bit canned. Guides were very nice and appeared quite safety-concsious. The equipment, particuarly for ziplining, has been upgraded since our earlier visit. The main guide, Chito, said it was partly because they have affiliated with an outfit in Costa Rica, which has many big ziplining outfitters. Be prepared for long intervals changing safety equipment for the next adventure, especially if you have a group of more than 6. But it's good that they have appropriate safety equipment.
Oddly, we chose the second most expensive tour ($60/ adults) which wasn't supposed to include skycycle, but they took the whole group, including us, to the skycycle anyway. Lunch at the simple cafe in the jungle was reasonable and fairly cheap -- chicken tacos or chicken quesadillas were the only items on the menu, both priced at $6. They do push a bit on the souvenirs and to buy photos. We bargained a bit and bought the whole photo CD, which had some great action shots.
Best to call ahead. We didn't, but managed to get on a tour after waiting about an hour. The whole tour took about five hours, so be prepared. Eco-safe bug spray highly recommended.

7  Thank Marco2008
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We called Christmas morning to see if they had room that day for me and my five year old. They said they were full but if we came by at 10:15a, they'd take care of us. When we arrived, they said we'd have to wait until 1p. We went to Tulum to explore the town and get lunch, and this might have resulted in a less than stellar review, but the experience we had when we returned more than made up for this.

To start with, the group we were going to join showed up and headed out earlier than expected, so my son and I essentially got our own private tour, and our guides, Nowe and Martini, were great. Actually, while Martini was great, I have to say Nowe was incredible, one of the best guides I've ever had, but more on that towards the end.

Our adventure started with the zipline. It's only a single line, which at first was a disappointment. Also, there's not as fastidious a clipping system to guidewires, etc, as you climb the stairs and stand on the platform as I'm used to, so it was a little nervous making.

After the zipline was the zipline into the cenote. This was totally fun, and the guides were both great in helping my son, who had never done this before.

After the cenote zipline was the rappelling, which, again, my son had never done before. Here, Martini really shined with my son, setting him at ease, giving him confidence, and playing with him as he kicked off and started dropping down. They let us do this twice since my son wasn't going to do the zip coaster (yes, there is such a thing as a zip coaster and they do have one).

I did the zip coaster, which was fairly short but exhilarating. It's pretty intense, so I don't recommend it for anyone under 7 or so.

The kicker, though, was the snorkel in the cenote. We were least excited by this before we went (we had done this before, and we really went to Hidden Worlds for the ziplines), but it was a breathtaking experience. The best part of it, though, was how incredible Nowe was. My son still hadn't learned to snorkel all on his own, and Nowe took it upon himself to tow him using a lifesaver throughout the cenote, showing him the fish, stunning stalactites, and the like. He was so kind and generous, and my son had a true experience of beauty and wonder thanks to his help.

I recommend Hidden Worlds unreservedly, and I especially recommend seeing if you can get Nowe and Martini as your guides.

4  Thank Bill P
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We visited Hidden Worlds as a family. I was a bit concerned because I took my 4 month old baby with me (in a sling). When we got there we spent about 30 minutes up front speaking to the lady making sure they would take us to the appropriate cenote to make sure that the baby would be able to go in with me into the cave (but obviously not into the water).

With their help we chose a semi open cenote. The stairs in were a little steep and the ride in was very bumpy but everyone really enjoyed it. You will be driven into the park in an open jeep sort of thing (it has a plastic roof but is open on the sides). I believe the jeep ride was my 3 year old's favorite part.

Once in the cenote, we were accompanied by our guide, who went in the water with our family, and two photographers, who took pictures of the whole experience. I loved the photographers following us (from the rocks) as it made for wonderful memories.

If you can, visit the cenotes. It's a once in a lifetime experience that is very well worth seeing!

1  Thank Laila P
Reviewed 19 December 2013

All three of us including my 11 yr old son were first time zip liners. I picked this package because it had a little of everything and figured if we didn't like one thing we could pass. We loved all the adventures especially zip lining into the cenote. We felt safe the whole time. Our guides (Julio and Joel) were excellent!! Very patient with me especially since my fear is snorkeling. My son got to do the zip lines more than once, he was fast running back to the beginning. We all had a terrific time. The jungle ride was definitely an adventure and very bumpy but added to the authenticity of the jungle. We went early in the day so it was only us three, and we didn't have to wait for anything, had a private tour. The photographer was excellent and we got great photos, very inexpensive. And the lunch at the end was authentic and delicious with excellent haberno salsa. Totally recommend!!

1  Thank preemie_rn1997