“The best cenote adventure”

Hidden Worlds Family Cenote Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden Worlds Cenotes Park offers unique jungle adventures including , cenote snorkeling, ziplines, rappelling, Diving, the skycycle and the Avatar. This park has been featured in more films then any other park in the greater Cancun area including; critically acclaimed 2001 IMAX movie, Journey Into Amazing Caves and the 2007 BBC Planet Earth series, Natgeo in 2007 and HDTV "GET OUT" series in 2011.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Been to about 5 different cenotes and this one is the most spectacular. Much better than Dos Ojos and more affordable as well.

3  Thank mpacc05
in 215 reviews
in 105 reviews
in 397 reviews

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my fiancé got this within a package deal, we also went swimming with the sea turtles (which was outstanding!!) can't quite remember how much it cost but I know it was fairly well priced (I'm a very cheap guy so trust me!)

the toilets/changing rooms where we had to get changed into wetsuits were horrendous, don't think it had ever seen a mop or toilet duck.

The ride out to the cenote was a little long and VERY bumpy, I must have hit my head 3-4 times on the roof.

The cenote itself was quite a spectacle, crystal clear water with wicked cool wildlife. The water was really deep to 15ft at least! Although because of health and safety we had to wear a life jacket which was a bit of a let down because it would have been awesome to explore abit further under water.

We were only in there for around 30minutes which was, again a let down.

I think if we didn't have it in the package we would have been hugely disappointed!

I have to mention the tour guide/local expert. For the life of me can't remember her name, she was a Spanish woman who, no exaggeration spoke 4-5 different languages with the other people on the tour.

3  Thank adam b
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We made a day trip from Cozumel by taking the ferry to Playa del Carmen, renting a car and visiting Tulum and surrounding area. You can see my other review on that.

After we visited Tulum and the ruins, we decided to see one of the cenotes. We read about the Hilario's Well, and decided to give it a try, even though they never answered their phone. The entrance is right on the highway on the East side, so if you are driving back from Tulum, you will have to find the next exit to turn around, since you can't just take a left right there. Luckily, we were the only guests that afternoon, so it was easy to negotiate the price ($100) for the four of us. The best part was that we were the only ones, so we could explore on our own and at our own pace. Our guide Jimmy took us first to the river "pool" where there was a nice swing that kids really enjoyed. We swam there and all took part in swinging into the river. You could see part of the caves on the bottom of the "pool" below the rocks. Jimmy was really knowledgeable in the history and nature surroundings. It was really fun to listen to him and learn about the Mayas who lived in this area and how they used the nature around them. After we had enough of swimming "on the top" it was time to descend down into the cave. We drove to the entrance spot. They have their own masks and life jackets, that you can borrow, but we brought our own, since it's nice for the kids (10 and 6) to use their own snorkeling gear that fits and they don't have to worry about water getting into the mask and/or snorkel. Our little one was a bit cold at the end, so I'd suggest for little ones to bring the long sleeve water shirts. The rest of us were just fine. The water is a bit cold, but you get used to it quickly. We descended down the stairs into the cave. Jimmy brought some flashlights that were water proof. The first impression was AMAZING!!! It is such a great unique experience that is well worth your time. Our kids are great swimmers and can snorkel on their own, so it was a super fun enjoyment for all. Even if you can't snorkel, you can just swim around and look at the surface at the amazing stalactites and stalagmites. There are a few spots that are lighted, making the cave look amazing. We even saw a few bats. There are very few fish swimming underwater, but we still saw some. Bring your underwater camera!!!

All in all this was the highlight of our day trip to Tulum and surrounding area, and I would highly recommend it!!!

4  Thank mamasanja
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Huge. Huge huge. Go asap. You can see so deeply into the cenote, maybe the deepest cenote in tulum.
Dos Ojos is the most popular but this one is the best

3  Thank brotherman60763