I'm pretty sure Luna Maya has now changed its name to Tulum Bay Hotel. We stayed there recently and were very impressed.
- Great location! Right on the beach and across the road from restaurants (Mateos is great) and a few stores.
- A fantastic ocean lookout and a beautiful, well thought out setting (lots of trees, hammocks, banana lounges etc).
- Rooms were clean and well maintained. Lots of nice touches like towel sculptures and a bowl of water to wash your feet in.
- Staff were friendly and helpful.
- The cabana is good value for money (although be aware it doesn't have a bathroom).
- There are lots of gaps for the Mosquitos to get through in the cabanas.
- There can be loud music at night from the surrounding bars.
I read many of the reviews before arrival and was impressed to see many of the recommendations people made had been acted upon. The restaurant was closed while we stayed but due to reopen soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Maya is situated on choice beach on the Mayan Riviera. Swing in a hammock between the trees and watch the sunset. Enjoy a drink at the bar and then dine at Luna Maya Restaurant—one of the top destination restaurants in Tulum. Now you’re relaxed. Stay in our accommodating rooms and wake up revitalized. ... more less