“Not too shabby :)”
Review of Amelie Tulum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Amelie Tulum
Ranked #94 of 96 Hotels in Tulum
Missoula, Montana
“Not too shabby :)”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My friends, husband,and I stayed here for part of our trip and loved it! Some of the reviews are true, but it really depends on how picky you are. Some of the staff do get very drunk but are funny and still very helpful. The beds are clean and the beach you cant beat! It is laid back and noone keeps tabs on you or ever cares what you are doing. Would go back any day! You getb used to the power outages and lizards on the wall :)

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TimbreC
ParaysoHotel150813, Manager at Amelie Tulum, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thanks for your review!!

we have many exciting things on the way this year. A very nice beach bar, with tacos, beer, and cocktails beachside, we have brand new linens and towel sheets refurmished as well as all rooms will now have their own private balcony.

Our location is the best in tulum.

RIGHT on the Best beach in the World! Best Location WITH oceanfront view rooms, large balcony, french doors, private washroom, kingsize beds, beachside bar. Steps away from crystal clear white sand and the calm Caribbean. We have a pool..bar...and common cook-out area. A short stroll away snorkling, Sia-Kaan park, Tulum Ruins, restaurants, bars, spas, yoga classes, dive shops and dancing beach clubs!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

my wife and I decided to travel to small hotel in tulum just for relax, so we booked Parayso spa hotel with booking.com, we realize is a Eco hotel no a/c and luxury services, but you web page said you have a small bar, offer breakfast and have a spa, we found bar is closed down there isn't a restaurant and spa in the place, our room was small, but is ok, we start to enjoy the facilities pool is fine for relax,because your hotel don't have bar and restaurant we try a local pizza and pay for delivery some drinks,but we need to complain about the room when we realize there is not hot water and my wife found a lot of bugs in our bed, the guy how attend us was so rude and was completely drunk, we explain the situation we don't want to give us a free holidays, just help us with this matter, we travel just for one night and we expecting to have fun and relax,we travel all the time and we loved to visit different types of hotel from small to boutique and luxury, if we liked the place of course we are glad to come back and recommend it, thanks god some part of your staff is nice a helpful Eliel, help us a lot move us to another room give us some tips,to do our holidays more better he recommend us some restaurants near of the area for eat and offer us to stay one more night with a good price in the ocean front section, room is good we run out of electricity in the bathroom but the rest was ok we to give you the opportunity to fix the inconvenient, we give you a second chance and pay for the second night,we hope so your bar and restaurant be working next time we decided to come, Keep Eliel he really loved what we do and try to make the holidays for everybody more happiness.
Your place have a nice location If you offer drinks and snacks around the beach or pool area will be so lovely.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Aurea F
ParaysoHotel150813, Manager at Amelie Tulum, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest:

We are sorry to hear you had a bad stay. We are openning next week a brand new seaside taco bar, and pool side breakfast bar. We are also remodelling our cabanas so there is plenty of good things in the works if you decide to come back down to paradise.

We are sorry about any staff issues. We have decided to make changes to our staffing as a result of this complaint.

thanks
parayso hotel

Travellers are raving about these Tulum hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I've been to Tulum 18 times, and even stayed here 3 yrs ago...........but Parayso is a dump!
Tried to rip us off more and more money!
Booked a room for a family of 5, confirmed a TOTAL price, then got there to find out the 4th and 5th person in a FAMILY room for 5 was going to be 490 per person per night extra, towels were $3 a day per person, no beach towels, electricity goes off 2 times a night and with no windows or sliding door that opens, it was Hot!
Crabs kept falling in the tall bathroom window because the window was shattered and the plywood was falling apart tearing down the mini blind. The patio door was boarded up with plywood and nailed shut.
Toilets works sometimes, had 1 roll of toilet paper, 5 people shared 3 bath towels for 5 days! maid stole my flashlight and my shoes.
The guy who took us to the room, didnt say one word, was higher than a kite, and didnt even touch our luggage, just opened the door and walked off. No instructions at all.
And the one window we had, opened up to the backside of a van parked 2 inches from the wall !! smelled the exhaust!
Noise above us all night like movers, and LOUD thumping music next door all night!

I thought cheap, ya, all we need is 4 walls and it was ok 4 yrs back, NOT !!
Do not go there. It's not even worth the cheap price.
And the locals giggle at you when you say Parayso, and the cab drivers just shake their
heads!!
Im not picky but this place was scary and we felt unsafe in Tulum for the first time ever.
Noone there speaks a lick of english.
The booking woman was RUDE and very condescending when I nicely emailed her about the tents in front of my patio door! She called me names, said they were watching us with cameras inside our room and we finally packed up and left to Mestizo and it was perfect. Very creepy place.

Room Tip: do NOT go there
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Michelle T
Hello Michelle:

You are also Texas Mayflower. Thanks for the duplicate review. Just read our response above.

Thanks
parayso hotel
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had to book at the last minute because of Delta cancelling flights a few days in a row. We weren't going to pay $400-$500/night so we took a chance. The hotel wasn't bad but had some issues.
On the plus side, great location on the beach. Room was huge, great balcony.
Downside:1. I knew there was no A/C, but there was no cross breeze so it was a little hot for me. 2. No wash cloths. Should have come prepared. 3. Shower had screaming hot water, no cold to moderate it. 4. Stairs from 2nd to 3rd floor were dangerous. 5. Hotel was not anywhere new. 6. Didn't matter to us, but there was no spa here.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd floor, stairs are unsafe.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris W
Krasnodar, Russia
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nughts in January, it was a hight season, a lot of places were overbooked and we had no chance to change a hotel.
We booked it through venere.com, payed over $ 300 for 4 nights and what we got for it was awfull dirty room right next to the hotel entrance. It is called Mayan Cottage!!! It is not even closed to be a COTTAGE. It was absolutely unexceptable to stay there, the room even didn't have a window and looked like pleapit and we couldn't spend 5 days in there. We were on honeymoon and I've sent information to the hotel about our trip and asked for a nice room for our celebration. In confirmation I had a standart room booked, room with all facilities and king bed, not mattress on the floor. But right a way the guy at so called "front desk" offered a better room with ocean view for additional $ 60 per nigh. Of course we payed. 4 nights cost us $560 for absolutely no service.
The location is fantastic, beach is wonderful and we loved Tulum, but probably won't come back to this hotel. I don't reccomend it to anyone. Hot water was a few houers per day, no beach towels personnel didn't take any care about guests, didn't respond to any request.
The best part of the hotel is beach and location.

Room Tip: If you want to stay at this hotel - book a suit room. But it costs as much as any other similar hote...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VictoriaFuks
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews but this had to be said. I haven't even gone on the trip yet and it's already been frustrating. I was scheduled to travel March 5th for a business trip. I booked this hotel and a day later my plans changed. I tried calling the number associated with the hotel and there was no answer. I left a message and never got a call back. I sent an email and still no reply. I asked to cancel my reservation in every way they provided. After sending about 10 emails to cancel I finally got an email back from a Grant Alexander character. At first there was a pending transaction on mycard so I mentioned that to him. He asked if I would provide proof that my credit card was charged in order to cancel. Somehow the charge magically disappeared. I explained in 8 different ways that nothing was charged to my card, I simply wanted to cancel my reservation. He said, "send me an authorization code and then we'll look at canceling". Answer something, how can I provide you with something that doesn't exist? There was no charge. Just cancel my reservation I asked and he said no. All this hassle and I haven't even made it there yet. I am not staying at this place. After having this experience prior to my stay and reading all the bad reviews, I don't recommend anyone stay here. But it's your gamble. I just would hate for someone to have to go through what I did.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Christie B
central jersey
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We're here now and it's fine. We're in a mayan cottage and it is a bit rough but we paid about $38 a night and it's definitely worth that, being at a beachfront hotel with a pool in Tulum. Be it the toilet is in with the shower " I've seem mobile homes with that" no mirror over the sink which is also in with the shower, No mirror period, So much for the thought that we should take the toilet paper roll out of there so it wouldn't get wet while showering ..... the shower water only dribbles out and barley gets you wet, never mind anything else in shower area. As reported great beach, employees helpful enough. A car is needed in my opinion but driving is a bit crazy in the Tulum hotel zone, Definitley beats being in NJ in Feb. Lets get lost John

Room Tip: depends on what you want to pay. Everyone gets the same beach and pool.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple