“Say "I DO" to Parayso!!!”
Review of Amelie Tulum

Amelie Tulum
Ranked #92 of 95 Hotels in Tulum
Cleveland, Ohio
“Say "I DO" to Parayso!!!”
Reviewed 13 December 2009

I knew I wanted to get married in Tulum, I was searching for a hotel that would be able to accommodate my guest, have affordable rates, but most of all offer me a fairy tale beach wedding. Parayso Hotel offered that and so much more. The hotel was perfect, all the rooms had a beautiful view of the beach. Our view from the Bella Vista Suite was just breath taking. The staff was helpful and did a great job with keeping the rooms spotless.Every day we walked into our rooms and we had cute animal like designs from the towels. The staff was honest-- as we discovered when I left my Iphone outside the pool after a long night of partying. I woke up the next day and by noon the staff brought it to me in my room!! You won't get that kind of honesty most anywhere else. The owners are wonderful, they go all out making you feel very welcomed. Thank you so much for accommodating my guest and us. Parayso Hotel holds a special place in our heart and it will be our only hotel in Tulum for our anniversaries.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 December 2009

It was a great experience. Nothing better than having the opportunity to enjoy the ocean from the balcony. The beach is really "heaven on earth", peaceful, safe. wonderful place to walk on the beach early morning before the sunrise and in the evening to enjoy the sunset. It's the right place to meditate, feel the oneness with nature and the universe. I highly recommend this place for people who want to enjoy nature. It's also very close to the Tulum pyramids and Copan which is an ancient prehispanic city. Very close to downtown Tulum that has wonderful restaurants.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 24 November 2009

We stayed at Parayso hotel for 5 nights and we had a really nice holiday!
We were travelling with our 6 month old baby so the pool was very useful.
The atmosphere was relaxing and the staff was very friendly and helpful; they provide chairs and umbrellas on the beach and the it is wonderful!!!
The room was huge with a balcony and sea view.
At night we had cinema under the stars and it was fun!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 6 October 2009

This is my first Trip Advisor review and I have to write it because I can't believe that some people say that they think this is a nice place! I have to think that the owners or their family must keep posting positive reviews, because I don't know how anyone could have a nice stay here. Nothing that they promise works. They are unorganized and not so nice. The pool is OK but there is cement everywhere and who needs a pool on the Carribean. The hotel and grounds are more like a moter inn than every other nice little boutique hotel down here. I think the only reason to stay here is because of the AC and lights that are supposed to be on all night but if you have a room with AC that works, I hope that you don't expect to have electricity to run it! And really, you don't need it to be honest. There are several great places in Tulum, do yourself a favor and find another place!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank aprilshowers4544

Travellers are raving about these Tulum hotels

Driggs, Idaho
Reviewed 3 October 2009

We checked out after on VERY LONG night. It seems that a Mexican family of about 25 people had the rooms above us and partied all night long! I went down serveral times to speak to the security man and he said he could do nothing about it. The final straw was me viewing them pissing on the beach at 6:00 in the morning while singing and drinking tequilia! We checked out immediately and checked into Maya Tulum which was fantastic! In addition, there was no air conditioning so we had to keep our windows open and listen to them sing and scream at each other all night long. I have never been so happy to leave anywhere - the bathroom was full of bugs and the pool was dirty and the manager who spoke english was never there. What a joke of a place - it could have ruined our vacation ...luckily we left!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank sandinshoesagain
pa usa
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Parayso Hotel is located in Tulum in the beautiful Mayan Riviera, Mexico. Parayso is not a Spa but thre is one is next door. Restaurants are near by in walking distance. Parayso is clean. The staff, many are family members are always cleaning the grounds, the pool and the beach area,too.
We were in Tulum for my daughters wedding and had some
reservations about staying at the Parayso Hotel because of all
the negative reviews in the Forum of Trip Advisor. My husband, my
sister, my daughter and her 3 children and my brother-in-law and his wife enjoyed our stay at Parayso so much some plan to return.
We found the Hotel clean the king size beds comfortable and the staff friendly, yes they don't speak English but we are in Mexico,
and they would do anything to make our stay a happy and a carefree one. The view and the beach is the best we loved getting up and walking the beach or going into the ocean and their pool was wonderful, also. The adults and the children enjoyed it all.
Parayso is not Blue don’t expect an all inclusive atmosphere it is laid back and very restive. A negative is the plumbing water is slow but the air-conditioning was always available and very good.
Parayso offers a wonderful beach, areas to walk and
take in the sites. Monica and Graham owners of Parayso were so patient and considerate with all our questions and worries we can’t thank them enough. The minute we arrived and took in the place we were so glad we chose Parayso Hotel.
This is a fine Hotel and deserves more recommendations from the trip advisors.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Tulum
Reviewed 29 June 2009

We recently stayed a the ParaYso Hotel on the beach in Tulum and it was quite nice. There were a couple of challenges when we first checked in as the staff doesn't speak much English, but Avelina and Carlos were both so nice and wanted to please, it was fine. After we got settled in there were a few pleasent surprises. First the pool is great, there are very few places on the beach in Tulum that actually have one; of course we spent most of the time on the beach, but it was nice to have the pool for a quick dip or to cool off in the evening before bed. The other really nice thing, especially in June was the air conditioning, that was great and made sleeping on the very comfortable bed even nicer. We were a little disappointed about the restaurant being closed, but quickly fell into a nice routine of getting our coffee at the hotel bar (near the front desk-not the one on the beach) and then out to breakfast, we also found many places to eat within short walking distance to the hotel for all our meals. Quiet and comfortable, the rooms were larger than most with understated decor...we had a great time and would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple