Teetotum Hotel
US$419
US$382
US$240
US$234
All reviewsfree bikeslaid backclose to townplunge poolperfect locationrooftop deckbike ridecontinental breakfast isrelaxed vibegreat musiclovely little hotelquintana roofresh squeezed ojrooms are spacioushome away from homecome hometacos
Reviewed 31 May 2009

My husband and I visited Teetotum Hotel this past May during the swine flu scare craziness and loved it! By the way, there is NO swine flu in Quintana Roo, you must go there NOW! There are great deals to be had, and the lovely people of Tulum need your business! We met Teresa, the Irish lady who helps run the place and had a lovely few beers talking to her. The food, excellent. The location PERFECT; you get the best of both worlds as it is located right between the pueblo and the beach. They also rent bicycles, so you can explore the area on your own. I really enjoyed that they show very interesting, avant garde movies in the little courtyard there. It's a truly hip place, without trying to be. Minimalist, kind, sweet; all of that. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit Tulum aka the most wonderful place in the world...

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Its simple chic. Very comfortable, super clean rooms with king size beds and ac. The staff was friendly and the locals that hang out there gave us some great tips on what to do while we were there.

Unfortunately the ruins were closed because of the flu scare. We decided to go down to Tulum when we heard about all the people canceling their trips. This was a great time actually to be there. We got a great rate at Teetotum which was fantastic!

This was my second visit to Tulum and my husband's first. He's already said that it won't be his last. And we'll be back at Teetotum.

I'm happy to report that neither me or my husband got any illness while there.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We stayed at Teetotum our first couple of nights in Tulum before decamping to a beach resort. It was a great introduction. Candice made us feel very welcome and gave us lots of helpful advice. Richard was a fantastic host. The restaurant served terrific breakfasts (my husband thought the huevos rancheros were the best he'd ever had), and our room was very sweet. We liked the cats, and the whole vibe of the place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2009

I absolutely loved this hotel. It was very small and more of a B&B feel to it. The rooms were decorated perfectly for my tastes: minimal and modern. They even provide an iPod dock and free wi-fi! A continental type breakfast is complimentary (very delicious and pretty, too!) and served until 3 pm--I really appreciated that. I hate having to wake up early on vacation to catch breakfast. There were many unique amenities at this place. They have a rooftop deck with a "movie" screen for movies during the evenings and lounge chairs to catch some sun during the day. The hotel is located on a road which leads down to the most beautiful beach in Tulum, if not the entire Mayan Riviera. We had a rental car, so this was perfect for us. If you do not have a rental car, the hotel provides bikes, so no worries! There is a nice plunge pool in the hotel with a hammock nearby, although we never utilized this. The owners were very nice beginning with my first e-mail contact and throughout our stay. All in all, we will be back. Gorgeous, great location, wonderful staff. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2009

We was stay there just for 3 night and was enough to recognize the place like one of the more strategic hotel in Tulum (specially for trip to chichen itza, cenotes, valladolid, etc without forget the beach), with bike included just beetwen the town and the beach, nice price, very nice staff and friendly owners. Oh! and really nice restaurant inside. Try it!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple