“great service, professional and friendly”
Review of Halocline Diving - CLOSED

Halocline Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: With more than 14 years of diving and teaching experience we provide an excellent, professional and personalized service for our customers. We teach all levels of dive courses from beginner to full cave diver and take you safely diving or snorkeling in the ocean, cenotes or caves. We also provide a professional service for dive equipment maintenance and have the widest range of dive and snorkel equipment for sale or rent.
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Firstly look for the store next to Halocline called Scuba wholesale, that is where the office is based. They were very friendly and helpful in understanding out needs. Their equipment is in very good condition and well maintained, opposed to other dive shops that we scouted. Marco and Victor are great to partner with. NB there seems to be a lack of Nitrox in MEX so be prepared to only dive with air.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

We've dived with Halocline several times (a total of 8 cenote dives and a couple snorkels). This might be our favorite dive shop we have ever used anywhere in the world. The owner, Marco, is wonderful and works hard to give you the experience you are looking for. He takes great pride in his shop and it shows. The rental equipment is excellent and the two divemasters we have dived with are tied for the two best we have ever dived with. We hope to continue to dive with them for years to come.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

First of all, the Dos Ojos cenote 25 minutes from Tulum is a must. Perhaps the most amazing dives ever...
Second, Halocline were very professional. Marco, the owner was our guide and asside from being a great guy, he was as professional as u can get. The equipment there is replaced ONCE A YEAR and it shows... Sparking new, some of with the tags still on. That really makes it more fun.
Halocline may be a bit more expensive than some of the others, but in diving savingoney is not my top priority...

2  Thank Omersharar
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We visited Tulum just a couple of days (8,9/10/2011).
After reading the reviews here we've decided to order a double diving tour for me and my wife.
We spoke with Marco (Italian guy that runs the place) and agreed to meet in the morning at 8:30, he told us that Chino will meet us there.
The next day we got there and NO ONE was there, after waiting 45 min we called Marco that told us to wait, after another 15 minuets we called again and he said he didn't catch Chino and that we should wait...
Clearly we didn't. We did lost a day of diving in Tulum ( you need to close one day in advance).
Bad expirance for us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The purpose of my trip was to complete scuba diving training for Open Water. I was new to scuba diving, while my friend had tens of dives. September is a low (better be called dead) season in Tulum. We showed up with my friend on the evening before the first day of the diving class. Marko is a really nice person and very patient and thorough instructor. He scheduled our three days (all we could spend in Tulum) for our dives and training in Cenotes in a way that I'd have a chance to do some dives with my friend, which is very uncommon. Besides Marko, I also had very good experience with another instructor Chino. I never felt pressured and could get a lot of personal attention since I was trained alone. I was able to get my Open Water license in time: did my dives, tests, watched many videos. Marko is a great teacher! I hope to return to Tulum and dive more Cenotes. Definitely with Marko.
Prices: Very competitive! Given the quality of service - this is an outstanding deal. We paid in cash as this is a small business in Mexico. They will accept credit cards, USD, Euros, you name it - very flexible people.
Beyond diving: good advices on local food and drinks, places to go and equally important places NOT to go :)
Location: Halocline diving is located in a very safe place in town.
When things go wrong: People (including instructors) get sick - that's a reality. Marko is very dedicated and was able to modify our training schedule/get other instructors even in case when my instructor got sick - this was a matter of whether I'd get my license or not since my stay in Tulum was limited. Marko can certainly go extra mile for his customers.
Emergency: We already left Halocline diving, when realized that we lost a checking card and could not get cash exchanged in the local bank (strict requirements). We returned to the shop and got help from Marko again. This is important when you are in a foreign country and counts for something.
Competitors: to my knowledge there are twelve more diving shops in Tulum. We never had to look back for any other place as we were confident in Marko.
Personnel: The people are very experienced, responsible and professional. All people I met had many (10+) years of diving experience.
Cenotes: Well, that's one of the best experiences of my life. Nothing more to add. You just have to do it for yourself.
Discounts: we were able to get a small discount, b/c there were two of us.

2  Thank Eduard_Chekmenev