“Amazing!!!”
Review of Cabanas La Luna

Cabanas La Luna
Ranked #12 of 99 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Beautiful, perfect vacation! I can't say enough great things about this place. The service was excellent, the food exquisite, the staff were incredible, friendly and the accommodations were beautiful!

1  Thank Dee S
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Cabanas La Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay at La Luna and that our staff met your expectations. Customer service is something we work hard for because we want nothing more than for you to have the best experience possible. We are glad you enjoyed the restaurant as well. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to our beaches again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My boyfriend and I spent a week in Oct. at Cabanas La Luna and I can't say enough good things about our stay there! The staff was attentive and helpful, the prices were reasonable and the grounds were gorgeous. We stayed in Robinson Crusoe, yes its small but it has everything you need and you really shouldn't be spending that much time in there anyways. We spent most of our time on our porch and hammock or on the beach.
The restaurant is excellent and the all you can eat BBQ was one of my favorite meals of the trip. They also had an amazing flamenco dancer for live entertainment, which I usually cringe at those kinds of cheesy things but this woman (and her accompanying guitar player) was incredible! And having breakfast waiting for us on our porch each morning was perfect!
Must do tips for Tulum:
-Stay at Cabanas La Luna
-Eat at Cabanas La Luna, Hartwood, and cocktails at Casa Jaguar
-Take a yoga class, any yoga class
-Visit a cenote
-Get a mojito(s!) in town at the cute restaurant with the Bug in front (you can't miss it)
-Also get a massage at Cabanas La Luna, our couples massage under the palapa was perfect.
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicole a

What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and make recommendations to other potential guests. It's review like these that help other travels plan the best holidays for themselves. We thank you again and hope to welcome you back to La Luna soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was our 7th trip to Mexico with all of the previous stays at all-inclusive resorts. When booking our trip this year I suggested to my husband that we try a few nights at a cabana...he was not very keen, but agreed because it was a "bucket list" item of mine. I chose Cabanas La Luna based on its excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. We spent 2 nights in the Robinson Crusoe cabana. It is very small, but also very cozy. Our 3rd night we stayed in Captain Dale's Quarters. It has far more space than we needed, but it is so wonderful. The view from the deck is amazing. Everything was fabulous....the staff, the accommodations, the atmosphere, the beach, the food, the surrounding area! I definitely recommend the Wednesday night BBQ. On day 3, my husband turned to me and said, "I never want to stay in an all-inclusive resort again". I couldn't agree more! We LOVED our stay at Cabanas La Luna.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tr0picaltravel

Thank you for sharing your experience. How wonderful! Many people who tend to visit all-inclusive resorts can be leery when it comes to choosing a smaller boutique hotel. Understandable as the experiences are completely different and not for everyone. I am so thrilled to hear that this is not the case for you and your husband! We are glad you enjoy your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I've been back in Canada a week and can't stop thinking about my stay at Cabanas La Luna. It really was blissful! Four girlfriends and I stayed at the Zanzibar over the Easter long weekend. The house had more than everything we needed and the pool was a real treat to have for colling off after a long walk on the beach. The beds were comfortable, the bedrooms clean and cool and having breakfast brought poolside was a real treat! The service was incredible, honest and genuine. The food at the restaurant was delicious, however if you order the fish tacos be prepared for the fish to be in a sauce, rather than just the grilled fish. I would recommend this place again and hope to return in the next year or two with my family.
Thank you Cabanas La Luna for the best holiday!

1  Thank Jessica W
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Cabanas La Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We miss you too as well! Thanks for sharing a bit about your stay. We are often looked at as a couples hotel, but we do welcome a variety of all types of groups, including families with young children and friend getaways! Thank you for sharing your tips as well. We hope to welcome you and your friends back again soon. Perhaps an annual ritual!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

4 of my best friends and I stayed at Zanzibar for 5 nights and the experience was truly blissful. We loved having the pool to jump in to whenever we wanted ... to cool down after a day on the beach, or first thing in the morning. It was also very convenient being able to order (delicious) dinner or breakfast and have it brought to us. The open-air living space was very comfortable and it was great having the friendly staff come by once or twice a day to clean. The bedrooms were very decent - the downstairs ones had air conditioning, but where I was staying upstairs the room was a little warm, despite two fans and the open window. I would recommend bringing ear plugs as the upstairs bedrooms are a little close to the road and you can hear light traffic early in the morning. I did yoga every day at Maya Tulum (close by) and rented bikes to explore the ruins & cenotes ... but most of the trip was spent on the day beds on the beach that are reserved for guests.

1  Thank Jessica L

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear that your group had such a wonderful time and enjoyed all the amenities that Villa Zanzibar has to offer. This villa is located close to the beach road so at times the noise can be louder than others, but it is generally not too frequent. It sounds like that didn't bother you though! Thanks again for sharing your activities tips. We hope to welcome you back to our beaches soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I just returned from a second trip to Cabanas la Luna. The first was with my husband, and this time we returned with our 3 children (12, 10 and 9). We stayed in Captain Dale's Quarters, which was perfect for our family. While it may not be ideal for younger children, as the steps to the loft (with 2 double beds) are steep, our kids enjoyed their own space with beautiful views of the water and palm trees. Downstairs is a comfy queen size bed with mosquito netting, shelves for storing clothing, and a large bathroom with two sinks and plenty of shelf space.

The accommodations here are gorgeous, but this is not a luxury hotel. Rooms are purposely rustic, and if you are expecting fancy bathrooms, you will be disappointed. The shower was sometimes only lukewarm, which did not bother us. Water in the shower is a little salty, but plentiful drinking water is provided in the room. Waste paper goes into a bin rather than flushed, which takes a little getting used to, but is common in the area. This room did not have AC (though others do), and we found that the fans at night kept it cool enough for sleeping. Lighting is somewhat dim at night, so consider bringing flash lights or a nightlight for the kids.

We did not see any mosquitos while we were there, and were not bothered by bugs at all.

Captain Dale could not be closer to the beach. It is ON the sand. There is a large porch with seating and two hammocks. There are plenty of beach beds, umbrellas and chairs just steps away.

The beach in front of La Luna is the best I have ever seen -- soft sand, gentle waves (but still big enough to be fun for the kids), and the stars at night were amazing. You can walk down the beach to different restaurants and bars. We especially like the food at Zulum, next door, where there is a roof deck. La Luna has no pool, but Zulum does, and our kids played in the pool while we enjoyed drinks with a view.

La Luna's restaurant, Las Estrellas, has excellent food. Breakfast each morning includes fresh fruit, toast and jam, and you can add on egg dishes and other things if you wish.

I am not a morning person, but I found myself up early each day to see the sunrise, and to my very pleasant surprise, there was self-serve hot coffee to greet me. One reason I was up for sunrise is that there was not a lot going on at night -- we were all in bed by 9 after being at the beach during the day!

This is a place to come relax and get back to nature. All you need is a bathing suit, some flip flops and a sarong. You could spend days in Tulum without ever putting on shoes. We will return to Tulum and La Luna as soon as we can.

Room Tip: The small cabanas are perfect for a couple, and Captain Dale had plenty of space for our family with...