“A beautiful little island in the Caribbean”

Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Providence, Rhode Island
1 helpful vote
“A beautiful little island in the Caribbean”
Reviewed 27 February 2008

May 2007 was my first solo vacation to this warm welcoming little island. I stayed at the Antigua Village Beach Club through my time share exchange. My location was directly on Dickenson Bay, and there could not have been a more beautiful view or location to spend a week lost in paradise. I avoided taking the route of renting a car because of the narrow poorly kept roads.. along with the fact they drive on the left! There is much of the island to see, however, and was able to take a $20 taxi ride into the capitol city of St. Johns a couple days while there to do some shopping. You will find some great values on jewelry and local crafted items. My favorite little restaurant in St. Johns was Hemingways which hosted a wonderful view of the city and shops. The food was excellent, as was the rum punch! The dollar loses it's value, but if you shop wisely you can find bargains for every activity and purchase. While basking in the sun or dipping in the Caribbean Ocean, you will find many activities will come to you. Dickenson Bay has many vendors who offer you the opportunity to take day trips on catamarands, rent jet skis or sailboards, or even spend hours on horseback walking along one of the beautiful beaches. Be prepared to 'tip' tour guides in addition to the price of the event you book. The resorts will charge for the use of A/C and/or electricity for the week. Antigua Village only charged for each day you turned on your A/C unit. I found I did not need the A/C while there. Because of the ocean breeze, I was comfortable at all times. I can't wait to go back to Antigua again this year. I'll probably even brave it and rent a vehicle to get around the island now that I've made my first trip and know there is so much to see. Just to stay on Dickenson Bay is a great Caribbean vacation, however, if you never wander off this beautiful paradise beach.

1 Thank marimac0102

Been to Antigua and Barbuda? Share your experiences!