“a clean good bed”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Many seafood dishes, large menu
Description: Many seafood dishes, large menu
Reviewed 1 April 2013

we were looking for accomodations in this area, for 1 night, read the reviews which were not great, but we said that we would stop and check out room. the motel was the old habitant motel, and the new owners have owned it for 3 years. we were well pleased with the room, 107, the bed looked great, carpet was almost new and there was ceramic tile installed recently in the bathroom. although there was a stain from hard water in the bathtub, (being from this area originally, we knew that the water is poor), everything was clean. my wife likes the sink and vanity in the bathroom and that is the way that this room was set up.we had a great sleep, quiet, good mattress and a good shower. would definitely go back. from experience if there are poor reviews of any hotel we stay at, i always ask to see the room before i pay for it. we did not eat there due to time scedules

1  Thank salesmanSussex_Nb

Reviewed 12 April 2012

A group of us went to the VN Star restaurant early on a Saturday evening. My parents and sister's family live in the area, and they had often mentioned that the food served here is consistently good. This restaurant offers dishes that I would classify as comfort food, and we ended up ordering many different meals, including chicken souvlaki, salmon steak, pork cutlets, broiled halibut and beef. This is not gourmet cooking, but the portion sizes were very respectable (the pork cutlet and speghetti plate was huge), and we were all happy with our choices. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful, and we will definitely return to his restaurant on our next visit to the area.

4  Thank MontrealMonique
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The room (113) was filthy. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this motel. There was popcorn on the carpet as well as a half bottle of pop on the floor under the bedskirt of the first bed. There was also money near the pop as well. Easy to see no one cleaned the room. If the room was clean, the money would not have been there. We found candy. grapes, and cashews under the night stand in between the beds. The front of the fridge was dirty with something red. We stayed the night because it was too late to find another place to stay, but wondered if we were sleeping on sheets someone else had used. I rate this motel a 0 out of 10. Stay at your own risk.

6  Thank leahFredericton
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We arrived to stay at the hotel and it was filthy. We asked to get refunded during the same afternoon and they told us it wasn't possible since they had already taken the amount from our credit card. So we had to pay for a room we didn't stay in even if it was caused by an unlivable room

3  Thank tcommeau
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Went to the VN Star on Valentine's Day. They were quite busy but seated us quickly in a not so desirable spot. We found it to be very drafty so we asked to be moved and we were seated at a much nicer table. I asked what vegetables were in the stir fry and was told red and green peppers, broccoli and cauliflower. I specifically asked if there was onions or mushrooms as I dislike both. I was told that she would tell the cook to not put those in for sure. I also asked what the soup of the day was and was told it was beef barley so I ordered that as well. After about 10 minutes the waitress came back to tell me the soup was macaroni....I looked at her strangely and she said beef and macaroni but that it was good. So, I said ok. It took a while for the soup and my husband's salad to arrive. When we did get them, I was very surprised to find the soup was made with ground beef not beef as I was expecting. It was ok, but I would NOT have ordered soup made with hamburger! When the main course arrived, my plate was heaped with rice and on top was vegetables mainly onions and a few peppers, a cauliflower or two and mushrooms. I said that I asked for no onions or mushrooms and so it was taken away. It did come back in about 5 minutes, and it was so HOT I burned my mouth - obviously heated in a microwave. The sauce was butter or margarine with lemon juice. NOT GOOD. Very disappointing. She did come back and ask how it was and I said not good, plus the fact that my husband was well under way before I go mine. Again, not good. But, we were not given any discount or offered a dessert. I was quite disappointed and my husband was even more disappointed for me not having a good dinner.

6  Thank NBKent