“Great base from which to explore North West Norfolk”
Review of Ashdene House

Ashdene House
Ranked #1 of 8 Dersingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We discovered the beauty of this part of England over the bank holiday weekend.

The Avocets, Egrets, Godwits and Lapwings at the Titchwell RSPB nature reserve, as well as the precious golden sands that stretched as far as the eye could see.

Houghton Hall; the enchanting walled gardens, the herd of white deer and the magnificent house.

The full English breakfast cooked to perfection.

Annette and Gill, thank you for a great stay and the knowledge you shared (not to mention the telescope and binoculars) that enabled Alex and myself to experience some of the very best that NW Norfolk has to offer.

Still so much yet to see. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cabaser
There are newer reviews for Ashdene House

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was a new experience for me. I do not usually stay in B&Bs but attending a family wedding locally enabled me to stay at Ashdene House for three nights. It should have been four nights but a very sick dog back home meant I had to leave a day early. The owners Annette and Gill were the best hosts possible. Nothing was too much for them and their cheerful attitudes made me feel that their glasses are always half full and not half empty. The place was clean and fresh. The weather lovely, so we had tea in the garden. The food excellent and cooked to order, although I do not usually have a cooked breakfast I made exceptions here when I saw how good everybody else's breakfasts looked. I was saving the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for my last breakfast but missed out because of my early departure! The only thing wrong was my bedroom was beside the traffic lights on a busy A road. Luckily it went much quieter at night, but early morning and all day there were big lorries and lots of traffic changing gear and stopping at the lights. Otherwise this is a lovely place to say.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the traffic lights.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed for a second time at Ashdene House recently. As the other reviews say, this B&B is excellent, run by the most friendly and welcoming ladies who looked after us a treat. We certainly appreciated the pots of tea in addition to the fulsome breakfasts each day. Will definitely be making another return visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SL_on_tour
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is probably the best B & B we have ever stayed in. From the moment we got there, when we were warmly welcomed and given tea and homemade cakes, to the moment we left, nothing was too much trouble for Annette and Gill. You feel like it's a home from home. The rooms are clean and well stocked with refreshments and toiletries. The use of a fridge in the dining room was extremely useful and the breakfast cooked freshly to order was excellent. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Annette R, Owner at Ashdene House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments. Its very pleasing to have such delightful guests, we'd love to see you again.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

my wife and I found this hotel for our mums to stay in and WOW what a wonderful experience they had ashdene house was better than home from home helpful ,clean ,comfortable ,highly recommended only problem is they want to come again which means we have to look after the dogs Thanks again ann and mark

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Annette R, Owner at Ashdene House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for these lovely comments. We do find it easy to look after lovely people and would love to see you and your Mums again sometime.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We were met in the ample car park and shown to our room. The ensuite is very small but the double glazing stops any road noise. Room comfortable and good for a B&B.
Breakfast is excellent and the garden is absolutely lovely.
The sisters running the place are it's biggest assets being friendly and helpful but also giving you plenty of space.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Tony for these lovely comments. We do find it easy to look after lovely people and would love to see you both again sometime.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My sister and I have just returned from our annual holiday to Norfolk. We decided to return to Ashdene House at Dersingham owned by Jill and Annette. We stayed there last year and we were very impressed. I phoned Jill and Annette a month before our holiday to let them know we would be late arriving. On arrival they helped with our cases and had tea and cake ready for us. Ashdene House is a lovely place to stay, a real home from home, we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dersingham
Best Western Plus Kings Lynn Knights Hill Hotel & Spa
Best Western Old Hunstanton Le Strange Arms Hotel
Coach & Horses
Coach & Horses
#2 of 8 in Dersingham

Been to Ashdene House? Share your experiences!