“Beautiful pub in a beautiful village.”
Review of The Feathers

The Feathers
The Feathers
Ranked #5 of 8 Dersingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Having visited Sandringham for the morning, stopped here just a mile from the house for lunch and a drink. Has a large garden with timber play area to let the kids burn some energy while mum and dad rested with a choice of real ales and ciders. Food varied, reasonably priced and well presented. A lovely quaint historic pub set in lovely grounds....

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 July 2014

On arrival I was shown to room 3 on the first floor, rather shabby and tired looking, I went down almost immediately to the bar and ordered steak and chips from a rather limited menu. It arrived and was at best tepid and of poor quality, as it was busy I didn't bother complaining and put it down to experience. Went up to my room for a shower which I had to stop after a couple of minutes to avoid flooding my room and the bar underneath, the shower waste was obviously partially blocked.
Then set up my computer to make use of the free wi-fi which wasn't working so I retired to bed.
I went down at 7.30am next morning to find the place locked up and a young lad who explained that the cleaner was on holiday and the cook hadn't arrived so he couldn't open the bar. I also asked him about the wi-fi which still wasn't working, he explained that this wasn't unusual and he couldn't access it either.
I was left with going to work without breakfast, I have since complained to the management who offered £10 for my missed breakfast which I refused.
Avoid this place it makes Fawlty Towers look good.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Geoff B
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The best sign in the world: WELCOME: Wet Dogs, Muddy Boots and Kids!

Following a very warm welcome, me, the hubby and two dogs were shown into the front bar area for our impromptu breakfast. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and polite. The dogs were given water bowls on arrival and a cuddle! The breakfast was good value for money, there was a good selection to choose from, including a kids menu (not that we had any!)
The gardens are huge and very well maintained, with a separate area for private functions and peace from the children if you require. Plenty of kids facilities in the garden. They also offer camper van hook up for £10 a night (at the time of writing). B&B is also available at very reasonable costs, although we didn't stay there, we were just passing through, so I wouldn't be able to comment on the rooms. Free Wi-fi. They also cater a small takeaway menu.
A real must if visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at The Feathers for three nights in June. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The room was more than adequate - clean and comfortable. Being an old building I would not expect any better. Food was good pub food and the outdoor eating area very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went here today, we had not booked, there was four adults plus 'hector' our friends dog. We were greeted by very friendly staff who were very accommodating and who welcomed the dog. Our lunch was served very promptly with roast beef as Sunday Roast and tortellini which was enjoyed by my friend. Puddings, chocolate tart special and treacle tarts went down well. We would definitely go back again to eat. Looks like some mixed reviews but do not be put off. I speak as I find, lovely staff. Ale's were a hit with the men.
I would suggest a second meat/poultry would enhance the menu but everyone we saw eating seemed very happy with their meals.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donna P
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Over priced and unimaginative . I thought scampi and chips in a basket died out in the 80s and to be charged £26 for 3 soft drinks and 2 very poor and small helpings of scampi and chips (no garnish) in a basket is unacceptable, my advice drive past you could do better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my partner over the Easter Weekend. We found everthing super. The room was comfortable and clean, the food and service were excellent and i would recommend this hotel to anybody wishing to visit Sandringham House and gardens without a doubt.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freddie_Morris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dersingham
The Ffolkes Hotel
#2 of 8 in Dersingham
The Wash & Tope Hotel
The Wash & Tope Hotel
#22 of 22 in Hunstanton

Been to The Feathers? Share your experiences!