“"Memories for a lifetime"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elk Lake
Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge
Johnstown
“"Memories for a lifetime"”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My son and I spent a great week at Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge during early June 2013. Our hosts, Tony and Melissa, were extrememly accommodating and were more than hospitable from the moment we arrived until our departure.

We would definitely recommend the meal plan offered by the lodge. Meals were homemade and delicious. Breakfast was served at 8:00 am at the main lodge. It was very nice to wake up to a hot, well-prepared meal to start the day. Following breakfast, there was a wide variety of lunch options that could be packed to take with you while fishing. Coolers, drinks, and ice packs were included and made the lunch complete. My son and I took advantage of a shore-lunch during our stay. Tony provided a kit which included everything (except fish and firewood) to fully prepare and cook lunch along one of the remote lakes. It was an experience I will not soon forget. Dinners were served at 5:00 pm daily. This time during the evening was able to offer several opportunities to not only swap fishing stories, but also to share successful techniques from the afternoon. There was not one day that my son and I left the dining room wanting more. Most days we had to take our dessert back to our cabin to eat later - due to being so full.

During our seven days we fished many different lakes. The fishing (catching) was great! We landed many large smallmouths and several nice pike. Of the lakes that we fished, Bloom was our favorite. It was the most remote of the lakes and took close to an hour and a half to travel to this beautiful lake. The trip to Bloom lake was filled with adventures including; a winding channel, boat changes, wheel barrel portages, good conversation, and a moose sighting. I would definitely recommend a visit to this lake!

Our week at the lodge passed rapidly. The cabin was comfortable and already contained many items which we had packed for our trip. Toilet paper, dish soap, hand soap, soda, and cases of water could have been left at home thanks to Tony and Melissa. The satellite tv was a plus for hockey playoffs and for checking the weather. We really felt at home.

If you are looking for a getaway for you or your family I do not feel you could possibly go wrong with Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge. They will treat you well and you will also gain a few pounds (if you choose the meal plan). Take the bug spray and your sense of adventure and spend a week up north.

-Thanks Tony and Melissa!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank tripcrazy61

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Alliston, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Thank you so much Tony and Melissa!! We had such a blast at Lost Lake.We are so glad we got the meal plan package because we have never eaten so good and so relaxing not to have to worry about cooking for ourselves.So many lakes to fish from and great fishing every day! Can't wait to come back and do it all over again.You guys went above and beyond to make our trip the trip of a lifetime.Thanks for the hospitality and the memories.

3 Thank fishbumdan
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Our third trip to this great fishing lodge with its magical lakes and vistas. Tony and Melissa are generous hosts who make everyone feel welcome and at home. Bass, pike, walleye and perch are all to be had. The owners are wisely investing back into the lodge with newly wood sided and steel roofed cabins, new aluminum boats and motors. The food is great as well. James recommends the cherry pie for dessert and waffles for breakfast!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank BarbaraandIan
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2013

What a fantastic week. This Lodge is definitely worth the trip! The lakes were phenomenal, the landscape gorgeous, and to top it all off owners Tony and Melissa have to be two of the nicest people you could ever meet. They truly go above and beyond to make sure you have a wonderful stay.
Cabins were comfortable and clean, firewood was always plentiful, they even provided satellite tv so you didn't have to miss playoffs! ...Oh and we can't forget about the food!! Although the cabins contain all the amenities required for cooking your own meals our group opted for the meal plan, and boy is it ever worth it! The food was outstanding and you certainly weren't going to go hungry... gotta say there's just nothing like a fresh baked piece of pie to finish off a day on the water.
It really was a fantastic break away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and I would certainly recommend it to others! Thanks Tony and Melissa for a awesome week!!

1 Thank natly_m
Schomberg, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I recently spent a week with friends up at Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge with Tony & Melissa and it was a fantastic experience. From the moment we arrived to their friendly smiles and a beautiful meal and for the duration of our stay, the stay was second to none. Whether you are considering a visit to their lodge for great fishing or just to relax, you are making the right decision by choosing Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge.

Our cabin was clean & comfortable and offered many amenities of a home away from home. We were fortunate enough to have great weather for the entire week, but the convenience of having satellite TV just in case was a bonus!

For anyone considering the meal plan, wow, take it! The food was great and the variation in meals never left you wanting for more. And the pie...well I purchased a few to bring home and enjoy later! You certainly never left the dining room hungry. Having a hot breakfast to prepare you for the day, all the fixings for you to prepare a lunch to have out in the boat (complete with yummy homemade sweets of course!) or the shore lunch option, then being able to return for a hearty dinner was a real treat. I've never been to a lodge that took so much time and care in making sure you were happy!

While we were there, the fishing was hot, hot, hot! Whether you chose to fish the main lake, or portage to one of the other more remote lakes, we were never disappointed in the numbers or quality of fish. I personally am a big supporter of lodges that emphasize catch & release fishing. This sort of fishing gives so many people the opportunity to catch trophy size fish. Take a quick pic, get it back in the water and let it grow even bigger!

Overall, this lodge is worth every penny and more. Like the title of this review, it really was a trip of a lifetime. Book smart, look at the important points when choosing a location. Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge offers you great fishing, low number of guests in camp (less fishing pressure) and absolutely out of this world hospitality.

Thank you Tony, Melissa, Gary, Emily & of course Logan (my resident campfire building buddy) for an amazing week in camp. I can't wait to come up and see you all again next year!

1 Thank BeckyGardhouse
Stewartstown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I spent a very wonderful week of fun and fishing at Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge. 6-1-13 to 6-8-13. We were greeted by Tony and Melissa and there right hand man Marty. They seemed truly interested in us having a good trip. I've done a little homework on this Lodge, and I'm all for catch and release. My goal was to catch a large Northern and a large Smallmouth. I must say that was no problem. The Smallmouths coloration was a beautiful bronze, what a site too see. Although the weather didn't cooperate the first part of the week it didn't matter, I fulfilled my Bucket List by mid-week. Rain doesn't bother the fish they are already wet. I wasn't feeling chipper by Thursday and decided to stay in. Much to my surprise they made a breakfast plate and sent it back with Joe Bruce. The food,by the way was astounding, way too much to eat. Homemade bread,pies,cakes and preserves. Marty was very friendly and went out of his way to make you feel at home. I would return in a New York minute after I get back into shape. Many thanks to Joe Bruce for baby-sitting me. It's time for some of the good old boys to try and due what Tony and Melissa have in store for their resort. Good luck and hope to see you guy's again.

5 Thank WilliamJKehringSr
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This was our second trip to Lost lake and it was even better than our first. Of course, knowing more about the lakes helped us to target the most productive water, but some lakes are like fishing bluegills in your favorite panfish pond, going from point "A" to point "B" working the whole shoreline. As fly fishermen we really enjoy these lakes, each day we caught dozens of smallmouth bass as well as the feisty and aggressive northern pike. And as always Tony and Mellisa were the best hosts. We already booked our trip for next year.

2 Thank JoeBruce1946

Been to Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!