Isles Field Barn
US$84
US$50
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsworking farmfriendly hostsfarm animalssusan and johngibbon bridgefull english breakfaststayed herecomfortable bedexcellent breakfastenjoyable stayone night staya lovely stayon arrivalfamily roomcalveslancashireaccommodation
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Not long ago, Isles Field Barn was home to as many as 50 calves and assorted farm equipment. Then, the owners lived in the listed farmhouse next door. Today, the farmhouse has new owners, and Isles Field Barn has been converted into a characterful and spacious family home and B&B.

The B&B rooms are very spacious. Although I had booked a single room, the room I was shown to on arrival was a large en-suite double with king size bed. All this with no single supplement - great value! There was plenty of wardrobe and drawer space, but no table for my laptop... maybe I'm too old fashioned, and need to get myself a tablet computer for travelling? Free wi-fi was available, and worked fine. The en-suite with shower, wc and wash basin, was smart and adequately clean, though a bit of extra elbow grease to take the water streaks off the shower screen would be good.

There is no physical division between the owner's accommodation and the guest rooms, so from your room, you are likely to hear voices, and comings and goings of the family members.

My breakfast was served in what I am sure is the family living/dining room. Following on from fruit juice and a choice of cereals, I opted for a 'full cooked', which turned out to be one of the most substantial and well-cooked B&B breakfasts I have ever enjoyed. Thank you!

When it came to paying the bill, only very few banknotes had to leave my wallet, so I would have no hesitation recommending Isles Field Barn to anyone seeking rural B&B accommodation close to Preston and the M6 motorway.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank HolidaySkye
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stayed just the one night ahead of a local University visit (had a double and a single room). Very clean and comfortable spacious rooms. Excellent breakfast and very welcoming hosts. Fantastic value.
Travelled the 4 miles or so in the evening to the Corporation Arms in Longridge for a lovely meal and good beer, also recommended.
Will certainly return without any hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DMRA
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This bed and breakfast is brilliant. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the breakfast is delicious and Susan and John are fantastic hosts. All in all it is great value for money and I would have no problem in recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and I had a most delightful & happy five night stay at this lovely working farm. Susan & John could not have made us more welcome if they tried. Very comfortable room and scrumptious breakfasts. It was lovely to wake up to see all the farm animals.
Will definitely come back here again sometime again.

Room Tip: Lovely homely atmosphere.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Stayed here several times over the past 15 months, once for up to a week. Susan and John have always been charming and accommodating, being flexible when we had to rearrange, and when I visited with a friend who was very unwell. The establishment I still visit and will continue to visit is unrecognisable from the one described above. The highly personal and unreliable diatribe written above is inappropriate and should be deleted from this review site if the site is to be taken seriously. I think reading the observations about the structure of the bed and the fact that is exactly '12 feet from the road' says enough. The rooms I have stayed in (4) have all been warm and delightful likewise the bathrooms. Unbelievable. Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2011