“WHAT A PITY - WITH SUCH A NICE VIEW”
Review of Knead Bakery

Knead Bakery
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Muizenberg
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bäckerei am Strand von Muizenberg, Nähe Kapstadt
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have eaten there twice in the last year. The first time, a very nice experience. The 2nd, "so so". The last time, about a month ago, an absolute shocker. Tea/coffee when brought to the table, lukewarm. Poached eggs hard. Sent back. Possibly the worst service I have ever had in a restaurant. Enough said. Will never go back.

4  Thank PeterWesleyFrancis

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We went in for an early lunch with my husband and baby. The food was nice and the staff were very pleasant. The place does look like it could do with a good clean and the toilets were disgusting.

I had my phone stolen out of my bag and when we looked at the CCTV in there a guy came in and wondered around before coming behind us and managing to take it out of my bag which was between us. He clearly looked like he shouldn't have been in there and when we challenged why they let non-customers in to wonder around they apparently let the undesirables in to use the toilets!!! That could be the reason the toilets are such a disgrace. There is also a quiet second door on the side street which makes it easy for a thief to get away. This guy knew what he wanted and we think he was watching through the lovely large glass windows and saw me put my phone back in my bag, there was no other way he would have known to get it. The place is a very easy target,

5  Thank AnnieMelman101
Reviewed 19 February 2014

If you are looking fro a great place to have a cup of coffee and some baked goods, this is definitely a winner. However, if you are looking for something more substantial, or service- rather try something else.

The service is lacking- even though there were only three tables, we still waited 15 mins for a coke and a water, and another 15 for our order to be taken. The burger was average, and the chicken salad was pretty tasteless. The views are great and the overall vibe and furnishings make it a decent place. If they could up their game in the front of house and kitchen (or just not offer things other than muffins) this place could really be a hit!

1  Thank Nicki1907
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I've eaten at Knead a few times in the past few months(as I live just up the road). The food use to be good, but standards have fallen quite badly. Service has always been on the same level - bad. Waiting 15min just for a waiter to arrive at the table, nevermind seeing them again until you are ready to leave, having to run after them just to get your bill. Not worth a return trip.

1  Thank shadow1512
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Can't complain about the service, there is none. Had to ask for my order twice after waiting 40 minutes.

1  Thank Adam E