“Top notch service - and dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Down South Scuba - CLOSED

Down South Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI dive centre with a team that is committed to exceptional customer service. We teach all the PADI courses, organise diving excursions around the peninsula and have a fully stocked dive shop. We dive from our boat or off the shore and can take you to see seals, kelp forests, wrecks and much more. We also cater for all levels of diver experience and can tailor a package to suit you.
Newport, Rhode Island
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Top notch service - and dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My son and I went on two dives with Kyle and Mike, the first a Seal Dive and the second with Cow Sharks in a Kelp Forest. While they were both amazing, the image of Cow Sharks emerging from the long strands of Kelp will stay with me for life. We've been on about 20 dives - so we're still pretty new - and Mike made sure we were comfortable and safe. The dives are pretty shallow (40') - but so beautiful. Fun to see Simon Town; not so fun to ride in the zodiac out to the dive site... but the trip is def worth it!!
Book these guys! Ask for Mike!

Visited August 2014

Zurich, Switzerland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fabulous staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We did only one dive with Down South (18th April) and that was the seal diving. It was amazing! The first step into the shop was greeted by friendly staff. They really know what they are doing and very knowledgeable. All of the staff were really nice. The seals were so cute and they were so playful! The rental equipment were in excellent conditions! Emmy was excellent! She didnt get bothered of me changing my mind for the smaller size wetsuit :D Our seal dive was one of our memorable dives! Thank you Down South Scuba! You guys rock! If anyone looking for diving in Cape Town, we highly recommend DOWN SOUTH! AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Spectacular diving with spectacular crew!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

no doubt DownSouthScuba is the best crew to dive with if you find your way to Cape Town.. and I can tell you that after diving with them for 3 months. The biggest thank goes to Kyle, Dani and nonetheless to Ryan, Mike, Becca who played great part in accomplishing my Dive Master, hope to see you soon guys!

Visited January 2014
Cape Town
“They really are the friendliest dive shop in the WORLD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

The whole team at Down South Scuba are second to none. Unlike the intimidation associated with many dive shops - at this ace little establishment, you will feel loved & nurtured and before long, have a mug of coffee in your hand (or tea of course, or maybe even a beer - after the dive though, may I add). Anyone that can put up with the likes of myself; having a resounding fear of being embalming in a tight wet suit and a face full of gear, to then go play in great-white-shark-infested-waters, deserves 5 stars of excellence. One year on, diving is top of my list of 'fun things to do' and never during that time have I felt the need to go diving elsewhere. Rock on guys.

Visited November 2013
Sapa, Vietnam
“Amazing diving with a friendly and helpful team.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The guys at Down South are great; very helpful, patient and knowledgable. The 2 dives I did with them were fantastic and my brother really enjoyed the discover scuba course he now has an understanding and passion for diving! Highly recommended!

Visited November 2013