“A truely heavenly time”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of A Heavenly View

Pool shot
view from apartment view from the top deck
Check Availability
sunrise from my place
Master bedroom
second double bedroom
living room
View of house from the street
View of back of property
dining room
this is the view directly in front of the apartment
the apartment is in the lower part of the house
dining room in front of living room
LIving room
Dining area
Living room area
Sunrise from the terrace
Bathroom with large shower
kitchen
Bathroom with bathtub
Living room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
GabyJane
“A truely heavenly time”
Reviewed 4 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

I saved up my vacation to spend it at a special place, I wanted a bit of heaven on earth! A beautiful, safe, stunning and breathtaking home to relax. Not too far from the beach, walking distance if possible, and an easy way to drive into the center of Cape Town to visit the ballett or theatre, to enjoy Mount Nelson and spend time at the Waterfront. I wanted a quiet romantic place to relax with my book, my glass of wine, friendly staff around me, in a deck chair in a well look after garden to enjoy my vacation. I wanted a clean, beautiful furnished home with a fire place for the evening time, a kitchen with everything in it. I felt so lucky when I found this place in Muizenberg, A Heavenly View, a truely heavenly place, great thanks to Suzette for making my stay unforgettable and so special, a very special owner. I will definately be back!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
5 May 2015
Thank you for your very kind words, I am so glad that you were so happy with your choice of venue. It makes doing this all worthwhile when you find such pleasant, kind and grateful people such as yourself. It was fun joining you for a glass of wine and hearing what you had been up to during the day and your thoughts and impressions of Cape Town. I would be more than happy to welcome you back in the future. I wish you continued success and happiness with your new projects!
Nick M
“Mrs”
Reviewed 3 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I stayed again with my family for a second time at A Heavenly View, the large family apartment. What stands out about this accommodation is not only the fabulous tranquil, totally secure and peaceful setting and a beautiful garden, but the cleanliness of the whole property, the extreme efficiency and willingness to help and kindness of the proprietor,
Suzette.
The decor of the whole property is matched to the colours of the sea and the curtains and sofas are made with stunning, hand printed fabrics, and the curtains afford overall privacy when drawn as well as keeping the place cool in the summer. The safety of the property is totally assured as there are security guards in the street and it is next door to the police station.
I have recommended to many of my friends who will be coming to stay with Suzette in the future and I, myself hope to be able to return with my family soon.

3 May 2015
Déar Nick,

It was lovely to see you and your family again at A Heavenly View this weekend and so glad you enjoyed yourselves and that you all had a good time! thank you for your kind comments which are much appreciated. Thank you also for recommending my establishment to your friends which Is wonderful as Word of mouth from satisfied clients is always so important!

I look forward to welcoming you and your friends to A Heavenly View in the future.
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Accommodation brillian, setting outstanding and hospitality second to none
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
3 May 2015
What a wonderful surprise it was to have you back so soon again as my guests, this time in the larger apartment and with extended family! It was such a pleasure to welcome you back here again, to enjoy your laughter, good humour, fun and wisdom. So thrilled to hear that you are planning to return next year as well as the year after, then taking all three apartments. Even my staff commented about you saying, such lovely people, we wish that all the guests were like yourselves.

Can't wait to toast your welcome next year with a bottle of good South African wine, it will be like old times.

Thank you for being such wonderful, happy and enthusiastic people!
Bigdavese...
where I'm meant to be
“Cold, dirty, smelly, noisy, unsafe venue with an unhelpful owner”
Reviewed 1 May 2015 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I had placed this horrible experience in my own 'file 13' but we are back in Muizenburg staying (again) in the place we moved to because A Heavenly View was so bad that were forced to move out after 2 of our 7 booked (and paid for) days but now I realise that I should warn other visitors of the nightmare awaiting them before they pay over their hard earned money to Suzette (the owner).

We are not difficult customers (see my previous reviews) but after recalling the experiences and the owners responses to our numerous attempts to bring to her attention our dissatisfaction and opportunities for her to address these issues were brushed off or dismissed with contempt.

I requested a refund due to the fact that the apartment was not suitable for our needs (which were clearly communicated to her) nor did it offer the amenities as advertised, expected and promised.

She claimed this is not allowed according to her refund policy but that she would put the apartment back on the market and refund us if she managed to re let it,  I said this was not acceptable and asked to see the refund policy, we dont understand what her relettting the apartment has got to do with the fact that the flat was unsuitable for the purpose for which it was let and advertised.

The following issues were raised.

1. The rental period was during winter, yet there were no heaters(underfloor heating units appeared in pictures and the owner told me she had disconnected this as it "wasn't good and used a huge amount of electricity") instead we were told to light a fire in the fireplace (and we would need to buy our own fuel), which we did but this merely resulted in the the whole place filling with smoke the owner said tnis was due to the "direction of the wind" blowing the smoke back down the chimney and into the room, leaving us and our belongings reeking of smoke and requiring us to leave all the windows open so we could breathe, thanks for bringing the additional blankets when requested but in our opinion this situation makes the flat unusable for guests during winter.

2. On the 1st night there was not enough hot water for the Jacuzzi (the owner initially claimed this was due to the washing machine in the flat being used by her domestic helper on the afternoon we arrived but the following day she admitted that the geyser was not large enough to fill the Jacuzzi and we should "fill the Jacuzzi with hot water from the kettle" !) we also informed the owner the next morning that even when filled with cold water, the Jacuzzi pump didn't work and she thaen said said she had got herr helper to switch it off outside because "guests didn't know how to use it" (why didn't she switch it on the night before when she knew we were trying to get the Jacuzzi to work ?) On the 2nd day she did switch on the power to the motor and we planned to fill and use the Jacuzzi that night according to instructions i.e fill to cover the nozzles with the aid of hot water from a kettle (we did fill it - it took over 2 hrs !) but when we switched it on the pump didn't work ! (the motor switched on but no water came out of the nozzles) - I suspect this was the case all along because the domestic worker told us the nezt morning she didn't even know where the outside switch/pump etc, was and that the Jacuzzi hadn't been used because it was broken !

Just an aside, the the missing mosaics (they called them "tiles") in the that other guests complained about in 6 month old online reviews were still missing and there very dangerous sharp edges in the Jacuzzi ! the floor tiles in the Jacuzzi room and leading to the pool area are very dangerous when wet (Suzette even said she can't use the steps leading upstairs when it rains !) not even a mat to wipe your feet when coming in from the outside area. I suppose The filthy mop broom which stood at our front door the entire 2 days was left there to be used to dry the tiles and prevent a nasty accident ?

While on the topic of the steps, the blinds in the living room were absent (the fixtures were there but the actual blinds had been removed (domestic worker told us they were broken) this means that there is no privacy for guests when someone comes down the steps (or walks past the pool area) ! also the dummy "curtains" in the dining room can't close, allowing anyone to look in from the open land next door and forcing guests to have a continuous view over the broken glass embedded in the top of the perimeter wall (as a security measure, I believe) ! yet the windows can't be closed because of the loose electrical cables trailing across the floor and out through the window ?

Due to the above we were forced to leave your premises and seek alternative accommodation, costing us valuable time from our holiday and a considerable amount of money.

At the very least we expected a discount because the accommodation facilities and amenities which were not commensurate with what was advertised and for purpose sold were notforthcoming.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
2 May 2015
It is very sad indeed that clients have to make up stories and go to any lengths to get their money back. Interesting is that they take 9 months to suddenly come up with this on internet after their stay in August last year!!! to try and damage my reputation. True is that the weather was really bad and cold when they came here and for this reason they decided to leave and sent me threatening mails to try and get the money back. I had asked the maids if they had spoken to the client about the allegations to which they replied certainly not, and they wouldnt because they wouldnt know the answers not would they pretend to do so! My policy like anyone else's is once you have paid and decide to leave for your own personal reasons there is no money refundable. To try and help the client I offered that if I could possibly find other clients to take the apartment I would then refund their money, but this was courtesy and not according to the rules. As it was there were no takers at such short notice as people book well in advance for their holidays. I answered the client's mail and gave him a receipt he could hand to his company for reimbursement for the full amount he had paid and that was the last I heard from them. Until now! Anyone reading this and seeing what other clients have written about their stays at the very same apartment can draw their own conclusions as to why someone should write something so nasty 9 months after their stay! Very sad really!
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 19 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the garden and the view to the ocean
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 May 2015
It was such a pleasure to receive your family here for the 5th time in the large apartment! You are almost like extended family! It was so great you could all attend my birthday party with my friends and some of you the ballet I organized at The Artscape Theatre. Also what fun we had hiding Easter eggs in the garden for the children on Easter Sunday and sharing hot cross buns and champagne by the pool! This time 4 generations of your family took over all three of my apartments extending for over a month and the minute your parents returned home to Germany they phoned and booked already for a sixth time for next January! How great is that! I look forward to more extended sessions at our stammtisch overlooking the ocean! Until next time :)
Paris, France
Reviewed 22 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Travelling group: Solo
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 16 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
16 Mar 2015
It was a pleasure to welcome such wonderful guests as yourselves. Your joy and love for life attracted everything good that came your way! Your entire trip that went so well for you was only due to your zest for life, I hope to be able to welcome you all back here one day.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing