We regularly come here to our property in Spain. Some of the faces (those of the owners) stay the same, and the visitors seem to repeatedly return too! A lovely pool for each development and, views out onto the Jack Nicklaus Golf Course!! The club house is very nice too and the local village (Sucina) has many nice places to eat too. A true mixture of residents, visitors and golfers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort consists of 1864 privately owned apartments, scattered around an 18 hole golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus - one of the six golf courses that make up the "Nicklaus Trail" in the region. The resort centre is based around the existing the old Hacienda - a restored, late-19th Century, colonial-style country house, previously belonging to the Riquelme Family, which gives its name to the resort. The rest of the resort centre follows the same architectural style and contains a restaurant, bar, golf shop and supermarket. The old dovecote has been converted into a cafe, right on the golf course itself. Largely still a very traditional Spanish area; the Costa Calida is known as the "warm coast" - enjoying year round sunshine and very little rain. The Region of Murcia has an excellent climate, with over 320 days sunshine per year, and warm winters, and is the ideal venue for year round golf. But it is not just about the golf, many owners have bought apartments here, because they love the sun, the views of the gardens, golf course and the 19 pools. The village of Sucina is just a few minutes from the resort, by car, with shops, banks, and restaurants including Spanish, Italian & Indian. The seaside town of Los Alcazares with sandy beaches, shallow sea, and restaurants is about 20 minutes drive. Balsicas railway station is 15 minutes away, with its high speed train links to Murcia, Cartagena, Madrid, Barcelona, and Valencia etc. The resort has benefited from the building of Mucia's RM-1 motorway. This makes the resort much more accessible, and allows residents and holiday makers quick access to Sucina, the beach and airports. The resort is serviced by two regional airports - San Javier (MJV) some 20 minutes drive away, and Alicante (ALC), about 50 minutes drive away. Both airports are easily reached via the low cost airlines from most UK airports. Car hire is available at the airports; there are taxis, or you can arrange private hire transfers, if you prefer. Hacienda Riquelme Golf Resort offers, as well as the Jack Nicklaus designed, 18 hole golf course, a driving range, putting and chipping greens. The golf course is a par 72 and 6416 metre course. The course covers an area of 71 hectares, and has a stunning mountain backdrop and panoramic views of the coast. The course differs from the others in the Nicklaus Golf Trail (a group of six golf courses in the Murcia region that make up Europe´s best golf challenges). Hacienda Riquelme Golf offers ample fairways combined with hard to approach greens and bunkers, ready to complicate your game. All of this surrounded by wild flowers, olive trees and lakes. A fun course that will bring the best shots out of every player. The course weaves its way through and around groves of olive trees, wild-flower meadows, and five large lakes. Taking advantage of the site's larger scale, the course features wider-than-average fairways, allowing players plenty of room to play, whilst creating numerous strategic options. The boldly contoured greens are sure to be the most talked about feature of the course. Many of the greens are broken into several sections, by strong elevation changes, making it crucial golfers to play to the correct section of the green in order to set up the easiest putt possible. Additionally, the greens also feature numerous subtle random contours and rolls further complicating putting. The unique bunkering creates a dramatic look, sure to set Hacienda Riquelme Golf apart from other courses. Many of these large rugged bunkers are very deep, with sand flashing in places up to three meters. The edges of the bunkers are cut in a jagged manner, further adding to their distinctiveness, whilst accenting the more rugged nature of the course. In an interesting contrast to the other Nicklaus Golf Trail courses, Hacienda Riquelme Golf's playing surfaces are grassed with the latest Paspalum varieties, decreasing the need for large amounts of fresh water. All of these features combine to give Hacienda Riquelme Golf an older look and feel, establishing the resort as one of the most unique stops along the Nicklaus Golf Trail. TripAdvisor has awarded Hacienda Riquelme Golf Resort a Certificate of Excellence in 2014, 2015 and 2016, for consistently earning great reviews from travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hacienda Riquelme Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polaris World Hacienda Riquelme Hotel Sucina
- Hacienda Riquelme Golf Resort Sucina, Spain - Region Of Murcia