Being a Starwood Platinum, I stay in many properties, including Westin Resorts, so I was really looking foward to taking my family to Beaver Creek for the weekend - especially using points & cash, which at $90 seemed very resonable. However the $20/night mandatory resort fee plus $20/night mandatory valet parking adds many $$ without any real value.
We loved the view and the chance to fish the Eagle River behind the resort, however the Gore Creek Outfitters at the Westin had very poor service. I called ahead Thursday to let them know I was coming in Friday and needed a fishing license and supplies. They told me they could handle that, but not what time they closed - 5pm - early by most standards when it is light until 9pm+. I arrived before 5 but by the time I got checked in and in the room, they were closed. Thankfully Walmart also handles what I needed....but I had to retrieve my car....which leads to VALET issues....
The valet service here is some of the worst I have seen. The guys working are nice enough and there seemed to be plenty of them, but it takes way too long to get your car, and it doesnt matter if you call ahead or not. Worse than that, you have no option for self parking (although residents/owners at the resort seem to - I saw many people exiting the garage while waiting).
The room, a studio suite, was nice, but not awesome. The fridge barely worked and there was no freezer compartment. It was nice to have a kichenette and dishwasher, and the King bed was very good. The pull out sofa, considering it was new, was very poor - my son could almost not sleep on it. That was a surprise.
The conceirge was ok - they called me to offer a "gift" and greet me post arrival, but it was just a set up for the timeshare pitch - and more pushy than most to get you to do it. I have before, but we passed.
The gym was nice, but hours were too restrictive to enjoy - should be open later than 9pm. The pool and hot tubs were nice. There was wedding and party Sat. night - the pool was closed 4-8 which was noted before our stay - no problem - but the loud music booming into our room past 10pm was not expected. We called about it but were not offered anything in compensation for the inconvience. After a while the music seemed to go down, so i would give them credit for working on it.
In the end, we spent more time visitng and eating up in the Beaver Creek Resort, and would probably look there in the future, especially summer time. For skiiing in the winter, I do think the gondala from the Westin across to the express lift at Beaver is quite smart, and might give it another shot for a ski trip.
If this was a regular Westin I would call it average to above average, but considering their resort status, I have to say poor. Fix the parking, give me a self park option, and improve the service of your partner, Gore Creek Outfitters/Beaver Creek Sports - they are hurting your image....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek