First time had stayed here the weekend of August 16th-18th and we enjoyed hiking in Vail and attend Ed Fest in Edwards. Booked the Maya package which seemed to be a good deal with two free margaritas and $50 gift card to on-site restaurant. Got a very nice basic room as part of the package with fully equipped mini kitchen and comfortable bed. I would consider possibly booking a nicer larger room in the future. Room faced pool and great view of mountains.
Some complaints about room was that a gap under the door that let a lot of light into the room(had to use a towel to block light to darken room) and noisy guests retuning to their rooms could be heard from the hallway. Another slight con was the valet only parking and since hotel was fully booked during our stay had to wait each time even when calling down to get car. Valet were friendly and professional though and we tipped well each time, which I think helped expedite service.
Pool and spa were very nice and workout facilities are top notch. With the $20 + tax resort fee you might as well enjoy these amenities.
Had dinner at Maya and menu is very similar to Tamayo in Denver (Richard Sandoval restaurants) which we liked a lot. Maya is relatively new to this Westin location and there are some issues that needed to be worked out regarding charging to room and ordering room service. We had asked our waiter if we could charge to our room and there was a little attitude and were told we'd have to somehow prove we were staying there, so we just paid separate.
The other issue I found out later after checking out was that the room service amenity my husband had ordered through Westin concierge was supplied through Maya and showed up on our bill at checkout but was also charged later by Maya. I had to contact the hotel to fix this, which they did credit it, but then tried to charge resort fees again which I had already paid, then had to request this to be credited. Just a little brain damage after the fact that makes me concerned with staying here again and having to sort though my bill after my stay.
Overall, nice hotel and great location close to I-70 and next to beautiful river with mountain views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek