This is my first review on tripadvisor, which I feel compelled to write after reading some of the negative comments. During the past three years I have vacatoned at the Westin in mid-August. Initially, I picked the Westin because it was dog friendly. Indeed, it is one the very few resort hotels that does not charge extra for four legged family members. And from what I observed, the number of dogs seems increase every year.
My compliments go out to the staff of this well run hotel. In particular, the hotel should be especially thankful for Tony at the front door and Brenda at the front desk. A loss of either of these two key employess would be a loss to the hotel. Both deserve promotions and pay raises. During my last stay Brenda went out of her way to arrange for an early check-in, and for a hassle free change of rooms. My wife and I switched from a Studio Suite to the Two-Bedreem Suite to make room for our daughter and her fiancee who were joining us for their second stay at the resort. During out last stay we oped for the Two-Bedoom rather than two 450 square foot Studio Suites in order to take advantage of the full kitchen as well as the extra room. The Two-bedroom Suites, which range in size from 1,200-1,400 feet, are actually a One-Bedroom Suites with an adjoining Traditional Suite. As for the Studio Suites, it appears that those with the "mountain view" are 450 square feet, whereas those on the north side (highway view), are 500 square feet. I prefer the extra room. After all, if you must have a mountain view all you need to do is to go down to the lobby.
As for those who feel the need to exercise, the 8,000 fitness club is second to none. Personally, I prefer to work out in the pool, followed by a dip in the outdoor hot tubs. During out last two stays, my wife and daughter enjoyed the Spa Anjali, which by the way, offers discounts during off days.
As for the restaurant, Maya serves fine Mexican food, but unless you like loud music, I would not recommend dining when the band is playing outside during the summer months.
Unfortunately for the Westin, running a 4-Diamond resort does not guarantee 4-Diamond guests. There are those who are not happy unless they can find something to complain about, i.e., parking and resort fees. As for the so-called "hidden fees," there are none. The parking and resort fees are posted clearly on the internet.
My only recommendation for the General Manager, Jeff Burell, is to install a "dog wash" down by the Eagle River. While swimming in the river, dogs pick up silt which ultimately ends up in the hotel. Having a place to bath your dog would be helpful both for the dog owner and hotlel. Brenda thought it was a good idea, which is another reason to promote her.
In closing, have a nice day, enjoy your stay, wherever it is -- AND PLEASE -- STOP COMPLAINING.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek