“Awesome Stay!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brunswick, Ohio
“Awesome Stay!!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here the first week of December for our 30th wedding anniversary, and I have to say that our stay could not have been better! The staff was absolutely first rate, friendly and attentive to anything we needed. I would like to call out special attention to Matt, the concierge we talked to regarding what restaurants to go to and setting up reservations for snowmobiling. He couldn't have been more helpful. Overall, our stay was great and I would recommend this Westin to anyone looking for an awesome place to stay if you're going to ski at Beavercreek.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your special occasion with us at the Westin Riverfront. We're delighted to hear our staff were able to help make your stay so memorable. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you back for your 31st!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 December 2013

One of my favorite hotels! Rooms are fabulous. I love the in room fireplace, the spa, the multiple hot tubs outside, free hot chocolate in the evening, etc. Gondola makes it a ski in ski out location. It is a little more convenient to stay in beaver creek village, but i haven't found a property this nice within.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Christina P
We're delighted to hear our resort's amenities and features made your ski trip so enjoyable. We're honored to be on your favorites list!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at the resort because I was looking for a nice kid friendly resort. This place advertised as one and I also had read parenting magazine and they said this was the 2nd top kid friendly resort in the US. Plainly, This resort is NOT kid friendly. You cant throw some cookies out and call it kid friendly so I dont know how they ended up number 2 but to me it seems like someone was paid off. The resort was in fact nice but the food was horrible in the deli. The pool had people swimming laps so it couldnt be used by us or the kids. You have no option for parking and MUST pay to valet your vehicle which is ridiculous and costly. The only thing about the valet I can say is that the valet guys were extremely nice! The resort fee is ridiculous afterall this isnt Vegas. The rooms were nice and clean but I got tired of all the dogs everywhere. One lady had 5 dogs in the elevator and everytime I walked down the hall I heard dogs barking. They cater to dogs quite a bit. It also isnt plesant to look at yellow peed in snow around the resort. The drop in childcare is 5 and up, which I was NOT told, and why it is 5 and up is ridiculous when most kids that are needing the care are younger than 5 and cant ski, makes no sense. Also the gondola they advertise takes you over to a ski lift/ski shop area that does not go up for beginner skiers. So then you have to take a bus to the top of the village which is ridiculous. If your going to stay here rent skiis over by the Ford parking area that way you dont have to hall them all the way back. I will not reccommend the hotel. If your set on staying in beaver creek I would stay at the top of the mountain in the village as this is where everything is anyways. The shops though at the top are all upper class and not fun shops for decor and stuff. Really if you have kids, stay over in the frisco or Brecknridge area. Beaver creek is more for locals and for avid skiers not a very family friendly area. The skating ring at the top of the mountain was the only other plus!

Room Tip: If you have kids stay out in frisco or breckenridge area, I dont find this area to be as fun for the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank jennifer l
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa. We're sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. We do consider ourselves to be a family friendly resort and do our best to make it as easy as possible for the whole family to spend their time with us. We apologize we were not able to accomodate your child in Kids Club if they were under the age of 5. Unfortunately our state childcare license dictates we are not able to take chlidren under that age. If they are 5 or above, our Westin Kids Club does have a ski school car pool program to assist in getting the kids up to ski school to make mornings easier for the parents. We always keep half our pool open to lap swimming and half to free swimmers so everyone can enjoy the amenity.

While we are dog friendly, we expect our guests who bring their four legged friends to be respectful of all guests. Additionally, as a ski destination resort in the Vail Valley, we keep our resort fee and valet parking charges competitive with other resorts in the area and hope our experience is different than other destinations such as Las Vegas.

We appreciate your feedback. If there's anything specific you feel we could add to our experience to be even more family friendly, please reach out to me directly at 970-790-2066.
St Louis, MO
Reviewed 15 December 2013

great staff. gorgeous views. you can get a full ski set up in the hotel and take the gondola to the slopes. i will come back for sure!!! Pool is open year round so a nice swim at night is alot of fun with the snow falling around you etc.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront! We're glad your enjoyed your ski vacation with us and can't wait to have you back.
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This resort is amazing to say the least! First off, let's talk about the views! It was breathtaking to say the least. The moment we walked in, I was cell phone out snapping pictures of every angle! The front desk staff was so kind and made sure they met all of our needs. Our room was spotless and smelled clean... which usually never happens! The shower head is to die for... its like showering in rain. The beds and linens were so soft and comfortable. The pool is heated so we took a quick dip but werent out there long due to the wind chill. The best part about this place is by far the staff. Quick and accomodating... always available to meet whatever need you have. I couldn't be more satisfied and would definitely suggest this place to anyone going out to Beaver Creek. The only downside was that if you wanted to ski or go visit the shops... you had to take a taxi or bus. But if that's the only downside... I'm a happy customer! Also this place is pet friendly so I was in heaven, as I'm a dog lover!

Green Features: They suggest keeping your towels and sheets through your stay to reserve water!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on Trip Advisor. What a wonderful review! We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate your kudos to our staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I think Conde Nast ranked this property number one in North America... and with good reason.

This property is awesome, but the service is spectacular. It's way beyond what you'd expect from a typical Westin in downtown city centers.

Rooms are huge for the Vail Valley... only Tivoli Lodge rivals this room size. There's a Ski Valet and Gondala at Westin Avon Riverfront... Tivoli doesn't even have guaranteed parking!

I love skiing Vail, but do yourself a favor... enjoy the service at the Westin, the perfectly groomed runs at BV and take the bus to Vail to ski the back bowls.

An awesome Starwoord resort awaits!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave5280
We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our resort and that our staff and service exceeded your expecations. Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is my first review on tripadvisor, which I feel compelled to write after reading some of the negative comments. During the past three years I have vacatoned at the Westin in mid-August. Initially, I picked the Westin because it was dog friendly. Indeed, it is one the very few resort hotels that does not charge extra for four legged family members. And from what I observed, the number of dogs seems increase every year.

My compliments go out to the staff of this well run hotel. In particular, the hotel should be especially thankful for Tony at the front door and Brenda at the front desk. A loss of either of these two key employess would be a loss to the hotel. Both deserve promotions and pay raises. During my last stay Brenda went out of her way to arrange for an early check-in, and for a hassle free change of rooms. My wife and I switched from a Studio Suite to the Two-Bedreem Suite to make room for our daughter and her fiancee who were joining us for their second stay at the resort. During out last stay we oped for the Two-Bedoom rather than two 450 square foot Studio Suites in order to take advantage of the full kitchen as well as the extra room. The Two-bedroom Suites, which range in size from 1,200-1,400 feet, are actually a One-Bedroom Suites with an adjoining Traditional Suite. As for the Studio Suites, it appears that those with the "mountain view" are 450 square feet, whereas those on the north side (highway view), are 500 square feet. I prefer the extra room. After all, if you must have a mountain view all you need to do is to go down to the lobby.

As for those who feel the need to exercise, the 8,000 fitness club is second to none. Personally, I prefer to work out in the pool, followed by a dip in the outdoor hot tubs. During out last two stays, my wife and daughter enjoyed the Spa Anjali, which by the way, offers discounts during off days.

As for the restaurant, Maya serves fine Mexican food, but unless you like loud music, I would not recommend dining when the band is playing outside during the summer months.

Unfortunately for the Westin, running a 4-Diamond resort does not guarantee 4-Diamond guests. There are those who are not happy unless they can find something to complain about, i.e., parking and resort fees. As for the so-called "hidden fees," there are none. The parking and resort fees are posted clearly on the internet.

My only recommendation for the General Manager, Jeff Burell, is to install a "dog wash" down by the Eagle River. While swimming in the river, dogs pick up silt which ultimately ends up in the hotel. Having a place to bath your dog would be helpful both for the dog owner and hotlel. Brenda thought it was a good idea, which is another reason to promote her.

In closing, have a nice day, enjoy your stay, wherever it is -- AND PLEASE -- STOP COMPLAINING.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side a larger, and for familes, pick the Two-Bedroom Suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank wearytraveler2
Thank you for sharing your experiences at our resort on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you returning every august to enjoy everything we have to offer. We're delighted to hear our staff are able to help personalize your stays and make them memorable. We love Tony and Brenda as well! Jeff would like you to know he thinks your dog washing station suggestion is a great idea. We're replacing our entire pool deck this coming spring and we'll look at that as an option as we finalize those plans. We look forward to seeing you again next august!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Beaver Creek Lodge
Beaver Creek Lodge
#4 of 18 in Beaver Creek
Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!