“wow”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
“wow”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Platinum Starwood Member. Paid for studi suite but was upgraded at check in to One bedroom suite. Best room I have ever stayed in. Hands down. I was even impressed with the glassware, literally every time of glass from wine to martini you could need. Incredible view, super easy to get to the mountain... and they let me stay there for just one night. I will be returning every year. Awesome Front Desk, Awesome Room service, and great sports shop. I registered with Trip Advisor just to make this review.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank codustyle
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Valued Platinum SPG Member,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on Trip Advisor. We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. As a Platinum member, to say that your room was the best room you've ever stayed in is very flattering.

We look forward to having you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Irvine, California
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed for a long weekend. The rooms are excellent (we had 1 BR suite). Facilities are fantastic - pool, Ski Valet, etc. If you want to go to Beaver Creek Center it can be a bit of a pain because you take a Gondola and then a 7-10 min bus that can get packed.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank IrvineRob
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront Resort. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed our facilities so much. Next time you stay with us, you can jump on the Lower Beaver Creek Epress Lift right at the top of the Gondola and avoid the shutle ride to the main village. This wil also have you skiing faster. We hope to see you again soon!
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I booked the Westin Riverfron with SPG points for February 2014. Due to a flight re-scheduling with American and USAirways, we are now not arriving until late evening in Denver. When I tried to cancel our first night and stay in Denver, the SPG people informed me I missed the deadline to cancel by one day. They had a 30 day requirement during ski weeks rather than the typical 2 or 3 day period. But they felt certain that the manager at the Westin would cancel. No one called us back, as promides, and when I called, I got the standard line about how hard it is to schedule and reschedule the units are in prime time, etc, etc. I told the manager that this was the type of amswer I would have expected from Marriott, not Starwood. I was told I should have bought trip insurance. needless to say, I am looking forward to our trip, but will have some choice words for the manager when I arrive in February

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank d1971brb
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
We apologize for any inconvenience experienced in relation to our 30 day cancellation policy and your flight change. We understand that things can happen to affect your travel plans and as you mentioned, that is why we recommend purchasing travel insurance. We look forward to your stay with us and we can certainly discuss the policy further upon your arrival. Safe travels and we'll see you soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Only 30-40 minutes away from Vail's airport, this hotel was pretty convenient to get to. Even better is the convenience to getting to BC and Vail Village.

Noting that our flight gets in earlier (2pm) compared to the standard 4pm checkin, we anticipated some wait time, but were optimistic that this gets shortened since we noted the anticipated arrival time when we booked our rooms. However, the complete opposite happened. When we checked in, the front desk simply informed us that the room should be ready by 4pm and asked us to go around while waiting. When we came back at 4pm, the room still wasn't ready and they got our phone number so that they would call us. In the end, checkin was at 5:30pm with no phone call. For a 5-star hotel, ranked #2 Best Ski Resort in Conde Nast Traveler Poll, I expected better service. For a hotel that refused us late checkout at 11am, I do not comprehend how we could not get our rooms on time, with no justifiable explanation except 'we're running full'.

Now, on to the positives...
1. As mentioned earlier, I loved the convenience from the hotel to BC and Vail village.
2. The concierge was extremely helpful. Very friendly, thorough and detailed. I wish I could remember her name to properly give her credit. The valets were also extremely friendly, efficient and helpful.
3. Starbucks on the hotel premises and in my room :)
4. The lobby had a view of the mountains and had a fireplace that just gave us an overall warm feeling. Very cozy.
5. Our room was pretty standard but I liked that I had the view of the pool.
6. Good value for money. As compared to the other resorts we were looking at, this hotel did not impose a minimum night stay and did not run us into the thousands per night considering the time of the year (We visited from 22-24 December). It was not cheap but that's expected for a place like this and because of the season.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront. Our apologies for your frustrations experienced during your arrival and check in. We definitely could have handled that better and will utilize your feedback to improve should that situation arise again in the future. We are very glad to hear the rest of your stay went great and that you found our location to be so convenient. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Denver, CO
Reviewed 23 January 2014

On my recent 2 night stay, our first floor Studio King room had a very small & loud hissing/humming humidifier. I contacted guest services to request a quiet & larger humidifier. Rex resolved this issue and was very professional & pleasant!! He brought a few humidifiers to our room to determine which one made the least amount of noise and even found a brand new one that worked best. I truly appreciate his high level of customer care & service!

Room Tip: My room #143, was directly above the fitness center exercise & spin rooms, so we were awakened e...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront. We apologize for the noise issue you experienced in your room, but we're very glad to hear Rex was able to assist in such a memorable way. He's the best and we're lucky to have him on our Westin team.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Front Desk employee, Lauren Winsby, went above and beyond to make our stay on Jan 4-6,2014 extra special. She assisted us at check in and made sure we got the room we had requested on the reservation form. She also called our cell phone, as promised, to be sure we were aware immediately when the room was ready for check in. Her extra efforts and high level of customer service were greatly appreciated!
Thank you Lauren!
Also, the valet staff is outstanding!

Room Tip: Mountain view is an added plus.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful praise of our frond desk agent Lauren Winsby. We think she's great as well, and we're glad to hear she was able to help make your stay memorable!
Greenwich, CT
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We rented a condo in this hotel privately over Christmas week. We found the location to be pretty good - easy shuttle ride over to BC for ski school, or a 30 minute trip via the gondola, 2 lifts and then easy slopes down to the main part of the resort. At the end of the day, it takes a similar amount of time to ski back and utilize the ski in feature. Ski valet was OK although they need a better system as they lost one or more sets of boots and skis on more than one occasion. Our condo unit was a 2 bedroom suite - basically a king suite attached to a regular room with 2 queens. We had 5 people in the unit and had plenty of space; I think it sleeps up to 8 officially. Location at the base of BC is easy for highway access (e..g, to go out to dinner, or drive to Vail for the day).
Live entertainment in the lobby each evening, happy hour in the bar each evening, a nice pool and 3 hot tubs - all in all, the amenities were pretty good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront. We agree that our Gondola provides quick and easy access to the mountain. Our apologies for any issues experienced using our ski valet services. We'll keep a closer eye on our processes and make any needed changes. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed our amenities and that you'll be back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Beaver Creek Lodge
Beaver Creek Lodge
#5 of 18 in Beaver Creek
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!