My husband and I stayed for 5 nights during the Christmas holidays. This was our second stay at the hotel – we enjoyed our first stay in 2011 so much that we decided to return. Things were definitely not the same 3 years later. Overall, the hotel is still beautiful and nice but the Management of the hotel is not definitely as good as in 2011. We had received an email from the previous manager after our first review of the hotel, saying that if we ever came back to let them know as they would like to thank us for our positive review. I thought this was nice and so when I booked our stay, I reached out to the hotel to let them know I was coming and would also be celebrating my birthday during the stay. I ended up sending 3 different emails from people and I never heard anything back. This definitely did not create a great impression – especially as an SPG platinum member (with 100+ nights). The hotel could have at the very least sent a standard acknowledgement that we got your email and will do everything possible, etc. etc. without having to promise anything.
To the hotel’s credit we did get upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite for our stay during the holiday period which was nice – however it was one of the small 1 bedroom suites – not one that we had previously stayed in. Upon check in we did have to wait for the room to be ready.
We ate at the Maya restaurant one night – the food was terrible. I didn’t even eat my plate as I found it quite disgusting. We also tried having appetizers at happy hour in their lobby – it is a great atmosphere with the fire and beautiful views but the food was again terrible – we ordered a charcuterie plate – this was also disgusting as the meat was cheap like baloney meat and looked off colour. I would definetly not recommend eating at the hotel. We had free continental breakfast for being an SPG member – and this was good and plentiful. We often ate in our rooms – just brining the food up. But you could also eat in their restaurant or in a little café.
My husband and I also had massages at the Spa Anjali – they were very nice, as were the facilities. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Also, because we went down in our Westin Robes from the hotel room, we each got a $10 credit! This wasn’t advertised and so I thought it was a nice surprise. The hot tubs are also nice but you have to go early in the day as by 4pm they are full with kids and people. Granted we were there during the peak of the holiday season but we found going at 2 or 3pm – we could enjoy one of the outdoor hot tubs to ourselves.
Overall, it is a beautiful hotel, with easy access to the mountain (it is a little annoying to have to take 3 lifts to finally start skiing from the hotel but at least you can walk out of the hotel with your gear on and just go instead of talking a shuttle). The service I think is questionable – people make you feel like they are doing you a favor. I was also disappointed as the hotel didn’t acknowledge my birthday. I’ve stayed at other hotels celebrating a special occasion and always received a hand written card or food or wine. At this hotel – nothing. Even while skiing at my birthday, the ski pass scanners would sing me happy birthday every time I went on a lift. It was really quite cute of the Beaver Creek Ski hill to have this feature on their machines. The Westin Beaver Creek could go further in providing better service to elevate the hotel to what it can be.
I would recommend eating around Beaver Creek- we had some great meals around town (Vin 48, Grousse Mountain Grill (very good), & the Met (also pretty good) – and mostly took the shuttle that comes right in front of the hotel – it was great, easy and convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek