“Service???” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
long island
“Service???”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

It is a beautiful property. Upon arrival the valet are great and the concierge really nice but front desk's just doing their job attitude, kinda sucks. We are platinum members of SPG and I guess have been spoiled by other properties. This hotel could care less about our loyalty to the brand. We tried to use one of our 27 suite nights which we were told would not be honored and were only moved to a nicer room after I noticed a very questionable mark on the headboard.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront. As a Platinum SPG member we appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and our brand. Our apologies if your Suite Night Award request was not able to be granted for this stay. During our busy Winter and Summer seasons it can be very difficult for us to accomodate any SPG Gold and Platinum upgrades, both upon arrival and through the Suite Night Award program. We recommend to all of our guests that they book the specific room type and accomodations they need for this reason. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
New Windsor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two short but much enjoyed nights before moving to a week at a timeshare nearby. I had extremely high expectations for the resort and they were definitely exceeded! Customer service was outstanding, the property was gorgeous and we enjoyed every minute. Loved the infinity hot tubs and the gym - the locker rooms had every amenity needed. We didn't want to leave and will definitely be back. The spa was luxurious - only comment there would be they need a bigger relaxation/lounge area where you wait for a therapist. The only negative (and I did not reduce the score of my overall review because it was truly the ONLY thing we didn't absolutely love) was the food and service at Maya. It took almost 15 minutes after sitting down to get a menu and have someone take a drink order, and once we did place a food order, the food was extremely disappointing. The ceviche was basically tasteless, and although the lobster/shrimp entree was passable, it wasn't worth the money we paid. Figure out the restaurant Westin Riverfront and you'll have a five-star resort!!

Stayed February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We're delighted to hear you had such a memorable stay with us and look forward to having you back again soon. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your meal at Maya but we appreciate your feedback and will make changes to improve it for next time.
Aspen, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I spoke with spa attendant and she said cuts start at $65 and go up base on the length and detail needed. This was fine and understandable but it ended being $90, where the hair stylist said her prices for cuts start at $85 always because she is a contracted stylist. This is bait and switch, because the spa attendant knew who she booked me with and could have pre warned me the minimum price for this specific one, since I did not ask for one over the other. With tip I ended paying double what I expected going into the salon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely apologize that any price variation was not clearly communicated to you. Salons often have price differences based on the experience of their stylists on staff. Our current stylists each have 25+ years of experience. We will work to immediately improve our communication regarding these price changes.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The Beaver Creek Westin is beautiful, but my customer service experience was just shattered. I booked my flight wrong, and am leaving a day earlier than expected. I went to the hotel front desk at 11AM, and was told I'd get a call (never did). Three hours later, I went back to the front desk, (keep in mind with more than 24 hours notice) to see if they will let me out of my last night stay, and they said, "no, it must be 30 days out. That is policy". I've spent major $$$ this week (and at their property in St.Maarten this year), and one night here is $699. They won't budge. I've been in customer service along time, and "there is nothing we can do" is not a good answer. I asked for a call from the manager, and she said I'd get a call again. Four hours later, I finally got the call from the manager, and would not budge. They could have offered to help me with the situation, but they were not accommodating or helpful with my needs. The front desk was cold and sterile; and the manager Mike. My situation may not matter to them, but $699 wasted is a big deal. If they had helped, I'd go to the Westin in every city, and praise them. For them to be so cold, I'll never stay at a Westin again. $7000 spent with them this year already! They are not helpful if something happens and you have to change your room. Keep in mind Westin--life happens--things come up unexpectedly. Be the leader and help others in this kind of situation. If I ran my business this way, I'd be out of business. It takes more than a beautiful hotel to be successful. I'm here at a convention and will share my experience with all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul S
North Scituate, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We absolutely love this place. Amazing views of the mountains from the lobby, great brunch on Sundays at Maya, and spacious rooms with fireplaces to relax. Be sure to enjoy the hot tubs outside with views of the BeaverCreek ski runs.

This was out second time here (first time was in the Fall season). It is the same as always.....amazing!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're thrilled to hear your experience at our resort continues to be so amazing. We appreciate you returning to stay with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I was there for a conference, but brought my son and got in 3 days of skiing. Service was great and it is super-easy to ski Beaver Creek from the resort's own gondola. The outdoor heated pool and three hot tubs were great and there is a well-equipped fitness center. The hot cocoa and cookies in the lobby each day were a very nice touch.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Curtstev
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We're delighted to hear you and your son had such a great ski trip staying with us. We love the cookies and cocoa too!
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights during the Christmas holidays. This was our second stay at the hotel – we enjoyed our first stay in 2011 so much that we decided to return. Things were definitely not the same 3 years later. Overall, the hotel is still beautiful and nice but the Management of the hotel is not definitely as good as in 2011. We had received an email from the previous manager after our first review of the hotel, saying that if we ever came back to let them know as they would like to thank us for our positive review. I thought this was nice and so when I booked our stay, I reached out to the hotel to let them know I was coming and would also be celebrating my birthday during the stay. I ended up sending 3 different emails from people and I never heard anything back. This definitely did not create a great impression – especially as an SPG platinum member (with 100+ nights). The hotel could have at the very least sent a standard acknowledgement that we got your email and will do everything possible, etc. etc. without having to promise anything.

To the hotel’s credit we did get upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite for our stay during the holiday period which was nice – however it was one of the small 1 bedroom suites – not one that we had previously stayed in. Upon check in we did have to wait for the room to be ready.

We ate at the Maya restaurant one night – the food was terrible. I didn’t even eat my plate as I found it quite disgusting. We also tried having appetizers at happy hour in their lobby – it is a great atmosphere with the fire and beautiful views but the food was again terrible – we ordered a charcuterie plate – this was also disgusting as the meat was cheap like baloney meat and looked off colour. I would definetly not recommend eating at the hotel. We had free continental breakfast for being an SPG member – and this was good and plentiful. We often ate in our rooms – just brining the food up. But you could also eat in their restaurant or in a little café.

My husband and I also had massages at the Spa Anjali – they were very nice, as were the facilities. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Also, because we went down in our Westin Robes from the hotel room, we each got a $10 credit! This wasn’t advertised and so I thought it was a nice surprise. The hot tubs are also nice but you have to go early in the day as by 4pm they are full with kids and people. Granted we were there during the peak of the holiday season but we found going at 2 or 3pm – we could enjoy one of the outdoor hot tubs to ourselves.

Overall, it is a beautiful hotel, with easy access to the mountain (it is a little annoying to have to take 3 lifts to finally start skiing from the hotel but at least you can walk out of the hotel with your gear on and just go instead of talking a shuttle). The service I think is questionable – people make you feel like they are doing you a favor. I was also disappointed as the hotel didn’t acknowledge my birthday. I’ve stayed at other hotels celebrating a special occasion and always received a hand written card or food or wine. At this hotel – nothing. Even while skiing at my birthday, the ski pass scanners would sing me happy birthday every time I went on a lift. It was really quite cute of the Beaver Creek Ski hill to have this feature on their machines. The Westin Beaver Creek could go further in providing better service to elevate the hotel to what it can be.

I would recommend eating around Beaver Creek- we had some great meals around town (Vin 48, Grousse Mountain Grill (very good), & the Met (also pretty good) – and mostly took the shuttle that comes right in front of the hotel – it was great, easy and convenient.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us again at the Westin Riverfront! We apprecitate you coming back to stay with us and are glad to hear there are still many elements of the resort you enjoyed. We are sorry to hear this stay was not as good as the last for you however. I apologize that no one replied to your email. It is possible that the manager you heard from originally is no longer here at the resort. We do try to respond to all email inquiries as well as recognize special occassions such as birthdays and anniversaries. Again, I apologize this was not part of your experience. We are also sorry to hear you did not enjoy your dining experiences in Maya or the lobby. We appreciate your feedback on the matter as we are always looking to adjust and improve.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back again to provide you another experience just as good as the first!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
The Charter at Beaver Creek
The Charter at Beaver Creek
#9 of 18 in Beaver Creek
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!