“Breathtaking views and welcoming ambiance!”

Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Centennial, Colorado
“Breathtaking views and welcoming ambiance!”
Reviewed 24 July 2010

The Westin Riverfront is our newest favorite escape from Denver. We have visited several times since it opened and still am in awe of the views and guest rooms, especially the large suites. The Westin staff is welcoming and helpful at all times - the valets know us by our car. We prefer the mountains in the summertime and love the location along the river and bike path - so relaxing! We enjoy the pool and the spa - my favorite treatiment is a classic massage and I enjoy the pool service - margarita, anyone? We will be coming back soon to celebrate my huband's birthday with 16 of our family members and am looking forward to a girl's weekend in the fall! We used to stay in Vail Village, but have found the Westin has all that we need!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spoiledtrvler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Colorado
Reviewed 19 July 2010

"I had a very bad experience when renting from an owner via VRBO. The owner neglected to send a confirmation detailing what we agreed upon. All of this could have been avoided if the owner were more organized and professional. When I was hit with never spoken of charges upon departure, the owner was called. Not only did she not accept any responsibility, she screamed at me most unpleasantly and unprofessionally. I own a 2 million plus vacation home and I would NEVER treat someone who was my guest or renter like I was treated by her. Unable to discuss the matter with her rationally, I just paid the $250.00 in dispute and left.
If you have your heart set on the Westin my question is WHY?
The property itself is lovely but the staff which seemed to be operating on a skeletal crew were not as helpful or courteous as other resorts I have stayed at in Vail and Beaver Creek. Avon is a sweet, working mountain town with Walmart, City Market and strip mall restaurants. When Vail and BC have great rates during the offseason, why not stay where you are really in a resort with everything in walking distance including a great variety of restaurants, shops and activities.
I would not recommend this property. "

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank thyme42
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I have stayed at the Westin Riverfront on two different occasions. Once in November of 2008 after it opened and the other this past July 4th weekend. On both occasions I had a wonderful time. Everyone at valet, the front desk , Spa Anjali, and the fitness center were very friendly.

Both trips were girls weekends away. We all live in the area and have our pick from many top hotels, but we keep coming back to the Westin Riverfront because of the quality of service and the facility itself. The rooms are very comfortable, especially the heavenly bed. Avondale, the onsight restaurant, is amazing (even if service can be slow sometimes). Some of the best meals I've had. The fitness center is big for a hotel and has alot of new equipment. Plus it backs up to the river which has a running path along it. Spa Anjali is the best part of the hotel. All the staff can recommend the best treatments or massages for you. I had no problem booking an appointment and they were very patient with me while I was deciding on a treatment.

The location is great. No, it is not in Beaver Creek, but it is located at the base of Beaver Creek in Avon only 5 minutes away. And it is only 10 minutes from Vail. This was great for us because some of the days we wanted to shop and have lunch or dinner in Vail and Beaver Creek. We weren't stuck in either location. The town of Avon does have a great bakery and a wonderful restaurant / wine bar called Vin 48 both in walking distance.

If you are looking for a hotel that has a friendly staff, a great spa, delicious restaurant, and a conveniant location to both Beaver Creek and Vail, I would definitely stay at the Westin Riverfront.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank kross14
HOUSTON
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I'd never been to Avon and now am in love with the area! At first I was a bit concerned about not staying in Vail or Beaver Creek. But after I stayed here I'd say it was well worth not being right at the beav!! The rooms were extremely nice and well kept, I liked that they were attempting to keep things (green) but when I asked for more towels and new sheets a few days in they were very prompt about it. The staff was very helpful in pointing me towards a few eclectic shops and the location on the river was beautiful. It is located along a river and you can literally walk right outside the back of the hotel to trails that line the river! I had everything I needed right there and actually only ventured into Vail once on my trip. Over all it was a cool different experience I was not expecting.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I arrived with my wife and kids to experience what I had been told were the best fireworks around. (They’re actually held on the 3rd). We made this a dual purpose vacation, a family reunion in Denver, and a getaway to this spectacular place called The Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa.

I have never written a review before but felt I had to after our fantastic experience at this hotel. The entire staff was friendly, helpful and attentive from the moment we arrived.

Because the Westin was sponsoring the local fireworks extravaganza, as you can imagine, the place was extremely busy. But even through it all, we felt taken care of from the time we drove up, until the moment they helped us pack our car to leave.

The lobby is simply breathtaking. As soon as you walk in, you are treated to a stunning view of the mountains. It’s like you’re looking at a painting. The room was beautiful and so comfortable. Two different housekeepers cleaned our room while we were there. They were both friendly, attended to whatever it was that we asked for (not easy when you’re talking about a family of 5!), and actually seemed like they were happy to be working there. We felt like we were their only guests!

When it was time to walk to the fireworks display, we noticed how many people had gathered in the lobby area and outside, and expected it to be difficult to navigate through the crowd, but it all flowed smoothly. There was staff everywhere holding doors open for the droves of people and offering free water bottles! My whole family was thirsty and it was such a nice surprise.

Overall, my family and I have nothing but praise for the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa. The hotel itself is majestic, but what made it even more special was the staff. We are already talking about our next trip back. This place was simply: As good as it gets!

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank SurfAndSkiFamily
JABurrell, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 July 2010
Dear SurfAndSkiFamily,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback and for letting us know how much you enjoyed what is truly our busiest single day of the year - July 3. Our team works very hard to deliver the experiences and memories to our guests that you described - and your feedback inspires us even more. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay - and the fireworks! We are delighted to be the title sponsor for the event that is truly THE Independance Day celebration in the Vail Valley. I hope you will be back for the next one - and any time after that! Again, thank you so much for the great feedback!

USA
Reviewed 5 July 2010

My family and I stayed at the Westin in January 2009 (MLK weekend) and November 2009 (Thanksgiving). We had a studio in January and a two bedroom in November. We absolutely loved the additional space (i.e., full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc.). The rates in November were cheaper, but there were only a couple of greens and one black were open during that time.

The hotel is walking distance to a shopping center (a Walmart is about 4 miles away) so we were able to stock up on breakfast and snack items. The hotel is pet friendly. The valet and door men were always friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff were accommodating when called for extra toiletries. Most importanly, I would definitely commend the ski valet. They were a group of internationals who were very pleasant to talk to. We especially enjoyed having the hot chocolate in the ski valet.

One of the highlights was the heated pool and three hot tubs overlooking the mountains. We also enjoyed a 5K Turkey Trot that the hotel sponsors annually on Thanksgiving Day. Avondale, the hotel's restaurant offers the best food in town!

We didn't mind that the hotel is not ski in/ski out There is a gondola outside the hotel that takes you directly to a blue slope (the gondola wasn't open in November, but opens in mid-December). There is also a complimentary shuttle that takes you to the village.

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at the Westin Riverfront and can't wait to return.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank BestTravelUSA
Dear BestTravelUSA,

Thank you for the great review! I was happy to read your comments regarding our resort during ski season - that special time of year where we truly are buzzing with the excitement winter in the Rockies brings. Based on your comments - it's great to see you'll be back! Our team strives to create personal and instinctive experiences for every guest - assuring each and every one leaves feeling completely renewed. It's great to receive your recognition, which inspires our team to work even harder to deliver these experiences. See you soon!

Taos, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Facility is very nice, beautiful rooms, well appointed kitchen, nice furniture as a new hotel should have.

Terrible front desk staff, very lacking in training and knowledge of resort. Kids allowed to play lacrosse in hallways, dogs barking, very much family oriented, loud and crowded. No management available to speak with when requested.

Poor housekeeping, out of date creamer, no restocking of coffee and amenities. Very difficult to call for valet or bell stand as all calls route through the guest request, usually a long wait or no answer, faster to go to the lobby.

Resort fee and mandatory valet fee plus taxes on same adds $40.00 a night to the rate quoted, in addition to sales tax of 13% or so.

If you are seeking 5 stars look up the mountain to Beaver Creek, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2y2r2onot2
JABurrell, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2010
2y2r2onot2,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I am sorry that your experience was not as positive as we certainly intend to deliver to every guest. We will certainly utilize your observations in our ongoing training to assure our team is consistently focused on improving the delivery of exemplary service.

I would invite you to contact me directly to further discuss the details of your experience.

jburrell@westinriverfrontavon.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Christie Lodge
Christie Lodge
#4 of 7 in Avon
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!