“Very good mountain cuisine”

8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 47 Restaurants in Avon
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Complimentary Shuttle service from mountain base to Beaver Creek Village and between Beaver Creek properties
Description: Live action bar and grill specializing in local, natural and organic dishes featuring Colorado’s best microbrews, wines and spirits. The grill is the showpiece of the open kitchen, capturing smoke infused flavors befitting the Colorado Mountains. The fresh produce and ingredients are hand-selected from Colorado farms and other natural purveyors in the country and arrive fresh daily. 8100 features a menu that changes according to seasonality and availability of only the freshest ingredients. The bar menu offers small plates for sharing. Organic wines and offerings from local wineries are featured, along with a selection of Colorado microbrews. Enjoy outdoor dining and gathering areas around cozy firepits overlooking stunning vistas of the Rocky Mountains. Chef’s table, wine room and semi-private dining facilities available.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Creatively prepared and fresh. The choices included good sides that, although heavy on carbs, were really good. While pricey for what it is, the restaurant does a good job of providing reasonably good fine dining.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My Fred and I were meeting for lunch and we wanted to eat at a place close to the slopes since our husbands and boys were skiing. We walked in and stood in front of the hostess desk and were not Immediately greeted. Then a rude gentleman came to the side of the desk and told one of the two hostesses standing there (one with her back to us) that he had are servant for 10. They immediately took care of him. Feeling slightly annoyed the girl without her back to us said how many? I said 2. And we would like to sit outside. The one with her back to us said we are not serving outside. Period. Feeling like a second class citizen we left. No one should be allowed to cut. And eye contact is key.

4  Thank Deb H
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Whether sitting outside by the s'more fire pit or inside with live music., this is a central meeting area for after ski school festivities

Reviewed 15 March 2014

A rushed dinner may be exactly what a family with small children desires. The restaurant was 1/2 full and did not fill so there was no pressure to turn over tables. We could hardly hold a conversation because some staff was hovering to the point of being intrusive. At one point my husband put down his knife and fork to say something to my son and was asked if he was finished with his steak half eaten.After you tell the person filling the water no thank you three times you would think she would get the hint. I was fighting her trying to reach for the bread. Part of this was a booth vs table situation and just poor training on the part of the water girl. I worked my way through college as a waitress and I will say the waiter was well trained,personable and efficient. My husbands NY Strip was $48 for a grocery store variety steak but it was cooked perfectly. One expects a better cut of beef in Colorado than my local Wegman's market. My red Trout was very good but also similar in price. The 3 vegetable side dish is $24, not the $20 you see when you bring up the menu on this web site..The prices posted on the menu at trip advisor are at laeast 20% lower than the true prices March 2014.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have heard about this restaurant for many years, but were always hesitant to spend that kind of money when dining with children. It is well worth the money !!!! the food is outstanding, I will be dreaming about my appetizer (lobster and mascarpone), everything was delicious, excellent children's menu. The service was impeccable. We will definitely return on our next visit to BC.