“Great place to spend your calories”

Northside Coffee Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Northside Coffee Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Great place to spend your calories”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I'm hearing lots of great things about the food at Northside Kitchen, but haven't had a change yet to try it. What I have tried - and on more occasions than I care to admit - are their donuts! I try to watch out for empty, useless calories, which includes things like donuts and breakfast sweets. However, on Sundays, I do like to splurge. Northside is dangerously close to the interstate. I pass it on the way home from church in Vail and have to really pray my self-control will get me past the Avon exit. That's how good their donuts are.

Creamy sour cream donuts, chocolate cake donuts and, my favorite, and maple nut donuts (can't remember if it's walnuts) are all great splurging candidates. Worth the calories!

And the Blue Bottle Coffee Co. coffee is excellent.

There's lots more to enjoy at Northside, but I haven't eaten there yet (always packed), so I can't speak to it. I'm going to try the prime rib soon as I hear it's great.

It's community dining. If you don't like sharing a table with others, I don't recommend Northside for a meal. Donuts to go! And speaking of go, the donuts go fast!! Get there early.

They are open for brekkies, lunch and dinner (until 5:00 on Sunday) and this winter are taking reservations for dinner. Per their website, they serve brekkies until 5:00 p.m. I love breakfast for lunch, particularly after a morning pounding powder!

• Visited October 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Breakfast Burritos are the Best”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Want a great, funky place for breakfast with homemade pastries? Prices are resonable, this is where the locals go. Green chili is great, so are sandwiches. You can't go wrong!!

Visited August 2012
Vail, Colorado, United States
“Our new favorite whenever they have a special”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Went there again for dinner last night with a group of 7. Luckily they now take reservations, otherwise I dont think we would have taken our chances at getting a table during their half off deal. Otherwise, I think the prices are too steep for dinner in Avon. As always, the service was almost perfect and the food was just as good. I was a little dissapointed in the prime rib this time as it was very fatty. My wife had the filet mignon and it was one of the best I have had in the Valley. I will get it next time. The blue cheese salad dressing had me drooling and the excellent selections of beers on tap kept me smiling. I agree with many reviewers that the family style seating can be a bit tough when you want to have a conversation with your party, but it makes for a unique dining experience. I look forward to their move/expansion and to the outdoor seating they will have completed by Summer 2013.

• Visited September 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“The Proverbial Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Wow! I had a great meal at this place, which is new (opened last November) and well off the beaten path in what was formerly a Pizza Hut building next to a gas station. From the outside, it looks not-so-promising. Fear not! Inside you will find the seating is limited to several long tables (like you might find in a Texas BBQ joint), at the bar (where I ate), and along the windows all on sort of high-tech metal chairs. The ambience is not unattractive, but it is does not hint at the high quality of the food you will soon be enjoying. In other words, don't come here for the ambience. Come here for the food (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and the friendly service.

I had the prime rib dinner which is the specialty of the house. It came with a very nice salad, great homemade bread, mashed potatoes, and vegetables that were cooked "al dente." All for a very reasonable price. The house cabernet sauvignon was excellent. At the end, I had a big cup of the house coffee which was probably the best I've ever had. So good, in fact, that you could get away with calling it dessert.

This establishment truly is the proverbial hidden gem and is now at the top of my list of approved places in Beaver Creek/Avon. Apparently breakfast is a big deal here, so I'm gonna have to check that out too--if for no other reason than to grab another big cup of that fabulously-good coffee.

• Visited September 2012
Avon, Colorado
“Went for Breakfast & Came back for Dinner”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Northside makes all their baked goods fresh, in house daily. Try one of their fun donuts. Breakfast burritos are always good and they serve breakfast til 5pm daily. THEIR 12oz. FILET MIGNON IS THE BESST IN THE VALLEY. I just had a filet st splendido a few weeks ago...it was larger and tasted better. Give this place a try...family style seating so be prepared to talk to you neighbor...try everything once!

Visited August 2012