“Lots of locals signals a good place to eat”

Northside Coffee Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Northside Coffee Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I had a breakfast and a dinner at Northside and both were good. Breakfast was a little better than dinner. We were there the first week of May…a very quiet time called "mud season".

Breakfast was very good. We had whole wheat blueberry pancakes, regular pancakes, bacon and orange juice. The ordering procedure is you order and pay at the counter, provide your name, find a table, and then pick up your order at a window. It all worked fine. The table we got was a booth by the window and it was clean and the seats were comfortable too.

The place was two-thirds full, apparently with local people; everyone seemed to know everyone. The owner was a friendly guy that walked the floor to chat.

Dinner was good but not as good as breakfast. For dinner they had table service and our waiter was a young guy that tried hard and did a good job. We did have one server that brought the dinners that really should have had a haircut and shave if he was going to work with customers, and he couldn't seem to remember to bring bread to the table. But the primary waiter fixed the bread situation when I told him about it.

I had spaghetti & meatballs and it was good but it lacked a bit for spicing. My wife had a broiled chicken dish that she liked, but she also thought it needed a bit more spicing. Both plates had food enough for two people…locals were leaving with doggie bags.

The wine selection seemed ok, as did the draft beer selection. I had a pint of beer and it was fresh and cold.

Yes, when in the area I will definitely go back for breakfast. I might go back for dinner…probably will go back.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

In an area with many great restaurants, the Northside holds its own. It started with donuts and has expanded to offer evening dining--serving inventive food at reasonable prices. I had long been going for the delicious lunches, and finally tried the dinner service last night. For a weekday night as the ski season is winding down the place was hopping--a testament to its popularity amongst locals.

The Northside is not situated in a bucolic location--it is next door to a gas station and across the street from another. However, the room manages to be comfortable and bright. The windows face the Beaver Creek ski area and as we waited for dinner the setting sun's rays drifted across the room.

One of the stand-out dishes was my salad--a winter berry salad. It surprisingly paired mint with arugula--a combination I wasn't sure about but decided to give it a try. Also included in the salad were walnuts, chèvre, dried cranberries and blueberries. It was deliciously unusual and the mint was subtle but good.

We also tried the polenta, chicken fried chicken, and the popcorn chicken and steak. All were delicious and we left happy, and stuffed. The portion size is on the ginormous side.

As for the drinks, my husband loved his Martini. The wine selection favors American wines, which is what we were looking for. My only gripe with the service was that the waiter opened the bottle of wine at the bar, rather than at the table. Since my husband saw him do it we didn't reject the bottle, but I've had bad experiences in the past when restaurants have tried to pass off an already opened bottle on me.

That was a rather minor detraction from an otherwise lovely dinner.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Love this place. Super friendly owner and good staff service. I've eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner there and it's my favourite place in town. The food is always delicious, no matter what we are ordering.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The pastries and doughnuts are delicious and big enough to share. Huevos rancheros is best in valley and the oatmeal is to die for!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Want a delicious donut that melts in your mouth then stop by Northside Coffee Kitchen. Want a great burger and fries...then stop by Northside Coffee Kitchen. Want an elegant dinner prepared to your taste...then stop by Northside Coffee Kitchen. You just can't go wrong in this place. The salads are fresh and ample. The prime rib is to die for and the burgers are just the very best. There are two 'sides' to Northside. The burger side, Benderz,l is great for lunch or a late night snack and yes, you do have to order at the counter and many times have to pick up your order as well but the burgers are great. The 'Northside' is for breakfast which includes their fantastic donuts as well as eggs to order. Then in the evening it becomes a full service dinning experience. We stop in there at least once or twice a week. Don't miss this place when you are in the area. Okay, had to choose "What were you there for" but we've been there for breakfast, just donuts, dinner and even a late night snack.