“Still Fun”

Northside Coffee Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Northside Coffee Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I discovered this cute kitchen a couple of years ago. They are growing and it is STILL wonderful breakfast food. My only comment would be to get the coffee service and checkout in different locations as this area can become chaotic and congested during peak hours.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Now,,,, if you are in Vail Valley, Avon or Beaver Creek Colorado and you want amazing food at amazing prices in a cool semi serve your self set up (Breakfast and Lunch) Dinner has service, check out this gem. Breakfasts are fantastic, you WILL wait on the weekends and you will pick up your own food...but it is worth it. Try the Huevo's and Eggs benedict (best sauce I have ever tasted). Coffee fantastic! Lunch and Dinner great too. Casual yet refined. You must go!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The other reviews of this restaurant are mostly about the breakfast. This is about dinner.

We had the dinner special. Food was plentiful. It was a little better than average. Dessert was good- large portion of ice cream with a good cookie.

Service was disappointing. We waited a while for the food. The waitress was not very friendly. We stayed longer than average at this restaurant due to the slow service.

The special price was about $28.00 but drinks were not included. I didn't think that the "special" was such a "special" price.

Considering the service and the price, I am giving the restaurant an average rating. I also do not like having a TV in the restaurant where I am eating dinner. It is distracting.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I meet a few gals during a rainy morning. The line was so long, you thought they were giving something away. It was a very long line if you just wanted coffee. The owner was very nice and gave us 'table service' for the lattes. They were good. When the line got shorter,two of us ordered breakfast. My friend got an some sort of egg wrap, which was "spongy". I ordered whole wheat pancakes, which I normally adore. The only good thing was the maple syrup. The pancake was dry and had too much cinnamon. I won't go for breakfast again. But, I will give lunch a chance.
Several months ago, I met a group there about 5pm. They had ordered a few app platters and we had drinks (wine, beer, etc). It was very lovely. So, I haven't counted this place "out". I am looking forward to when they open their new location in West Vail.

1  Thank Marilyn K
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This may be harsh, but the entire setup of this place is terrible. Because we always hear good things, my girlfriend and I went in to check it out, but were not impressed. First, you order at the counter right inside the door, meaning if it's busy at all, the first thing you see is a big line. Orders are taken and they ask your name, but with so much noise in the busy restaurant, hearing your name called can be difficult. My cappuccino came up quickly, but my girlfriend's latte got "taken" by another customer, just as we were commenting that it must be very difficult to keep the orders straight if they are relying on guests to pick up on the honor system. Our food came up quickly as well, but the quality was lacking. I paid $8 for a Belgian waffle that was very small, soggy, and clearly made with a batter mix. It was the type of thing that should cost $3 at the most, or come as a side for an extra $1.50 when you order a standard breakfast. I was appalled that for the price I only got 1 sad waffle, no fruit, whipped cream, or anything other than the standard artificial syrup. There is an option to add meat or eggs to the waffle, which would make the whole thing a very pricey breakfast. The butter was still cold from the fridge, and my soggy waffle wasn't hot enough to melt it very fast, so trying to spread it just shredded the waffle; I gave up. My girlfriend got a breakfast sandwich on a croissant, which was so under-cooked that there was visible layer of raw dough when it was cut open. Every time you have to get up and retrieve your meal or drink, you must navigate the maze of other customers trying to do the same thing. Many dirty tables were left un-bussed for the duration of our meal. It's a very bright and modern place staffed with friendly-but-clueless young people who have, unfortunately, been set up to fail by this terrible system. If I find out that standards have changed, perhaps with new management, I may give this place the old local's try again next year, but I'll steer clear of the $8 waffle. We both agreed the best thing about the meal was the Kirkland orange juice that we can buy ourselves next time we're at Costco.

2  Thank LovesEats