“Upscale sports bar with great food at a reasonable price!”
Review of Castle Peak Grille

Castle Peak Grille
Ranked #27 of 47 Restaurants in Avon
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I depend on my fellow tripadvisor reviewers to find good restaurants and they didn't let me down. This is a great option for the typically expensive Beaver Creek/Vail area. Don't get turned off by it being a sports bar, the ambiance is good and the decor is very tasteful. There is a wide variety of food choices to satisfy all and prices are very fair. My pappardelle pasta with fresh summer veggies was excellent as was my husband's half pound burger with maple glazed sweet potato fries. Happy Hour runs from 3-6 pm which helps with drink prices as well!

1  Thank SanDiegoSd2009

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We pulled off the highway to go to the McDonalds and pick up some items at Walmart. Before we saw the McDonalds we spotted Castle Peak Grill and decided to give it a try. The setting at the end of a strip mall didn't inspire high asperations but once inside the door we were taken aback. The tables with table cloths and silver laid out made us worry that it would be too pricey for a simple lunch. Boy were we wrong. The menu was VERY eclectic with duck, shrimp, fried brie, and ahi tuna. We ordered simple fare - my burger on brioche bun was charred and delicious and the maple glazed fried sweet potatoes were worth a trip by themselves. My wife had a special chicken with pesto that they created just to suit her special diet needs. The level of service rivaled any I have seen anywhere and Sara our waitress made sure that we never lacked for anything. This is really a great place with nice views and outdoor seating that is probably delicious when the weather is right. I hope they enjoy a long run of good luck and are still there next time we are in the area.

1  Thank HALCruiser2010
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My husband and I visit family in the Avon area and our trip is not complete without a visit to Castle Peak Grille. We like to go during Happy Hour. It is from 3-6 Monday through Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday when appetizers are specially priced $3/$6/$9. Often we stay through dinner. Menu prices are incredibly reasonable, as lodging and food is so expensive in this area.

Staff is friendly and attentive. Kudos to Sara (our favorite!), John, Victoria and Fred for making us feel at home and always ready to recommend a delicious dish or adult beverage.

Appetizers: Don't miss the Gringo Nachos: Homemade thinly sliced, fried seasoned potatoes, loaded with bacon, tomatoes, green onion and cheese. The sweet potato fries are the best we've ever eaten. Homemade with a delicate, yet delicious, maple walnut glaze. I don't eat fish, but our group found the Tuna Poke to be amazing. We had an order of fish tacos: sauteed cod, pico, cabbage and chipotle cream; garnished with avocado. Delicious and filling.

Although I've mentioned appetizers, there are other several wonderful dishes we have sampled. Even the Wedge Salad and the simple House salad are fresh and delicious. Try the pizzas, especially the Truffled Mushroom. If you have room for dessert the Mud Pie, a very generous portion that must be shared, is to die for.

All food, including pastries, are made fresh daily. Large portions are presented beautifully. Castle Peak infuses their own jalapeno and berry vodka, so you can't miss the Bloody Mary's or the original vodka-laden Castle Peak Lemonade. These two drinks happen to be the $4 drink special on Sundays!

And yes, this is in a strip mall, close to the Walmart. But don't let that stop you. Just right off of I-70 with easy off and back on access. Open windows and a patio provide great views and gives the restaurant and open, airy feeling. The kitchen is semi-visible so you can watch food being prepared by the talented chefs, if you choose.

I highly recommend Castle Peak Grille if you are just passing through Avon, Colorado or are a native who has never given given Castle Peak a try.

2  Thank Sarvin4
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were very pleased with the Castle Peak Grille. We had not tried it before and found it on Trip Advisor so we had lunch there. We both had a Chicken Sandwich with sweet potato fries. The chicken is grilled to perfection and the sweet potato fries come with a walnut maple glaze that is really yummy. The atmosphere and decor is open with clean lines. There are big window with views and there is seating outside. I would most certainly come back for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

In an interesting building (they have a geo-roof), they have upscale versions of standard fare. My wife had a burger that was excellent. I had the prosciutto pappardelle and it was handmade perfection! The wait staff was very attentive with water and answered any questions. They do need more craft brews, but the wine list looked good. Definitely coming back here to eat during our next visit.

1  Thank Ed W