“Meh.”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meh.”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We came in hungry we left hungry. The food is average. It's not great but it's not bad. The service was pathetic. We were the only table in there and we waited a really long time for everything. Will not return.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Unfurl

USA
“Nice neighborhood location, pick entrees carefully”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Nice atmosphere, good service, reasonable prices. Food: My Primavera pasta didn't have nearly enough vegetables in it (just red pepper, carrots, onion and 1 piece of broccoli). Could have used lots more broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and peas. Also didn't have an option of whole wheat pasta. On the other hand the trout entree was excellent...large portion of fish, plenty of wild rice and a nice amount of steamed vegetables. I'd go back for the trout!

• Visited March 2014
Beaver Creek, Colorado
“Casual dining. Just OK.”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This restaurant is good if you just want to grab drinks, apps, or a quick dinner in your blue jeans. But don't expect a fine dining experience. The menu has higher aspirations, but the staff was poor in execution.

First, with a reservation on Valentine's Day, we waited for 5 minutes among about 10 people at the front door before we were even acknowledged by the hostess. Second, after being seated, the waitress was dressed in jeans and a tank top, and behaved as if she worked at a bar, not a dining establishment. And lastly, on numerous occasions, we tried to get the manager's attention for extra napkins or straws, but were ignored.

The food was just OK as well. The teriyaki steak was not as good as the steak we cook at home, and the shrimp and mussel primavera was bland and served on the same plate a bar would use for fish and chips.

I suspect the restaurant manager is not experienced in running a fine restaurant. Many little decisions they made, like how the menus look, the staff dress code and training, and the food presentation, seemed amateurish. Outback Steakhouse is more refined than Castle Peak Grille.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Oyp
New York City, New York
“Average at best. ”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the other reviews, I'm guessing they were from employees. I had the fish tacos and I was disappointed. My wife had the pesto pasta and she was disappointed as well. Basically it seemed very sloppy and quickly thrown together. It wasn't bad by any means but I was hoping for much more from the precious reviews. Save your money and go somewhere else I would have to say. On the bright side I enjoyed my beer!

Carterville, Illinois
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The food and service overcomes first impressions. I’m not going to lie; my first impression was not great. The grille is located in a strip center near Wal-Mart. Additionally, the restaurant seems to be having an identity crisis – it is a strange combination of sports bar (big screen TVs & beer signs in the windows) and what appears to be a high end restaurant (marble tables, great wine shelving, exposed kitchen, etc.). Now, the food, the menu was varied and the food was great. Recommendations: chicken pot pie, hot wings, and tuna. When I say great, we actually canceled our reservations for the following night, and ate there two nights in a row. The service both nights was very good, but the first night, our server really made some great food recommendations, and gave us a good tip for a nightcap location. PS: Prices are reasonable for Vail Valley and they have Happy Hour specials. A great alternative to the pricey (and sometimes overrated) restaurants that you will find in “the Villages”

• Visited December 2013