Our family just returned from a stay at Falcon Point. We exchanged Marriotts Barony Beach Club for this resort. The good, bad, and the ugly....
1. Beautiful setting, great weather, plenty for families to do (bring your pocket-book, things are not cheap). Our family did white water rafting, horseback riding, Glenwood Springs Adventure Park, hiking, etc. We stayed in a two-bedrom which was very roomy for 4 people. It had an updated kitchen with granite counters, stainless steel appliances. Great location for just about everything in the Vail Valley.
2. Roomy, but decor just ok. We are used to Marriott standards. However, it was VERY CLEAN. Now the bad....When we arrived we were told the indoor pool, the outdoor pool, and the game room were all closed due to refurbishment. What????You have got to be kidding me. We have two kids, they were not happy. However, they did issue daily passes to the Avon Rec center which was accessed by walking out our back patio door and walking about 100 feet. The rec center was great. Kids had access to lap pool, diving boards, lazy river, slide, kiddie area. The pools are indoors, but this was a nice alternative, and from nosing around a bit, I think the rec center was a better alternative than the small pool they are refurbishing.
3. The ugly.......The beds are HORRIBLE. If you have any kind of back problems do NOT stay at this place. They are the worst beds I have ever experienced. I never had decent sleep. However, my husband, who travels quite a bit told me they were standard hotel grade beds. Whatever, I am still trying to work out the kinks in my back. Also, FYI, the second bedroom had a twin and a queen, not two queens.
4. Overall, I would go back to Colorado to vacation in the Vail Valley, beautiful, not disappointed at all, but I would stay somewhere else. Down the street is the Sheraton Mountain Vista, and from the outside, looked much better. For you timeshare exchangers, II rates this a five-star. Trust me, It is NOT. I would rate it a 3 star at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Falcon Point Resort is located next to Nottingham Lake in Avon, Colorado. We are a timeshare property with Studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units, all of our units have kitchens. We have a family style clubhouse with a small gym, men's and women's restrooms, a large TV room with pool table, ping pong and foosball. Our pool is a swim in and out along with two hot tubs and 2 BBQ grills for our guests. Come visit us year-round for the many activities Colorado has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Falcon Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falcon Point Hotel Avon
- Falcon Point Avon, CO - Beaver Creek