“Loved it!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New port richey
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were booked to stay 5 nights in a 2 bedroom in the Residences at Park Hyatt over spring break 2011. We were paid in full and very excited to stay here. Something happened 2 days before we were to arrive and they said the residence we booked was no longer available. Their solution was to "upgrade us at no extra charge" to a 5 bedroom unit at a different hotel close by. There's only 3 of us so a 5 bedroom condo is of no use to me. Besides the whole point of booking at the Park Hyatt and spending the extra money is to be at the Park Hyatt. Finally they came around and did the right thing, they put us in a 2 bedroom suit. I think it was the James Chadwick suite at no extra charge. Everything was perfect! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Aspen, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Just spent the weekend at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and the newly refurbished rooms are very nice. Wouldn't say it's Five Star but Four for sure. Can't beat the loction for ski access and the spa is still one of the best. 8100 Mountaiside Grill is fabulous.

Room Tip: Try and get Slopeside view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during a conference. My junior suite was a delight. I had a fireplace and a balcony. The staff brought me a yoga mat and a set of hand weights, so I was able to workout in my suite. Meals were included with my conference registration. The Park Hyatt's food service was outstanding. My only regret was that I didn't have time to extend my stay.

• Stayed October 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've been coming to the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort in March with my family for over 20 years. I learned how to ski here as soon as I could walk. The hotel is beautiful and couldn't be more convenient for skiing. You are right at the base of the mountain and can ski right up to the main chairlifts. The staff has always been extremely nice and accommodating, have never had a bad experience in that department. But if you valet park your car, make sure you call downstairs with plenty advanced notice. We've had to wait quite a while for them to find our car in the past.

The rooms have always been spotlessly clean. I really have zero complaints about the rooms. Beds are very comfortable. Laundry machines on (almost?) every floor. The only time we heard a lot of noise was when a group of kids was charging down the hallway screaming, but otherwise it's very quiet/soundproof.

The hotel is right in the middle of Avon Village which has a number of good restaurants within walking distance as well as ski shops and coffee shops. There is also a medium sized skating rink in the village. Hyatt is also close enough to Vail so that you can drive there for a day trip if you'd like.

The spa is very nice. There are whirlpools, steam room, sauna, etc. I've had a couple of massages over the years and enjoyed them all. The little waiting room in the spa offers nuts, dried fruit, and tea. The fitness center has relatively updated equipment (like treadmills with individual TVs) and is large enough so that I've never had to wait for a machine. They offer fitness classes too, but I've never taken one.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool area/playground near the kids' chairlift will be noisier.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Claire C
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Reviewed 28 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great views, convenient to shopping, restaurants and ski lifts. The Park Hyatt is truly a great facility and Beaver Creek offers lots of activities for families of all ages. We can't wait for our next visit.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard M
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Labor Day week was our second stay at Beaver Creek Hyatt. The staff at the hotel is outstanding and professional. We were upgraded to a large fireplace suite overlooking the mountain. There is genuine concern expressed for their guests.
This is a great time to spend in Beaver Creek if you are into hiking,mountain biking and warmer weather activities.
The only down side is that because it is the off season, there is ongoing construction in Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek is building a kid's playground which involved lots of hammering and noise starting early morning. The construction is right next to the outdoor patio so an alfresco breakfast was not the perfect peaceful meal that it could have been.
The servers are excellent and friendly. Breakfast is delicious and there are lots of choices. On weekends there is a breakfast buffett.
The pool is small and noisy.The is one area where there is no staff presence. Food and dirty towels left out all day . People bring their own speakers and play music which intrudes on the peacefulness of the mountains. There are several hot tubs but only one is adults only and it is ADA so the jets are weak.
Families bring their babies with diapers into the hot tubs. I witnessed a toddler slip off the hot tub ledge and get submerged before the mother had a chance to grab him.The large water fountain hot tub should be adults only.
My husband and I come to Colorado in the summer for all the great outdoor activities. We prefer a quiet pool and hot tub area to relax and not hear screaming kids and loud music.

Room Tip: high floor mountain view Don't waste money on a pedicure.(140 dollars total with fees) The sal...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mealybug
Severance, Colorado
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Attended an "off season" conference - Hotel was certainly operating at its best - friendly, professional and acommidating in every way. Aspens were changing, a chill in the air wonderful views. My only complaint is the windows to my very expensive room were filthy ! All the construction in the square below accumulated on outside - unable to take any photos from my room ...... Funny how such a small item can sour a review .....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BuzzDriver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
The Charter at Beaver Creek
The Charter at Beaver Creek
#9 of 18 in Beaver Creek

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!