“A wonderful Christmas to remember!”

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We decided to throw our small tree in the trunk of the car and spend Christmas eve and day at the Park Hyatt. It was perfect from beginning to end. We usually come up in fall but missed it this year due to the room renovations. The front desk staff and housekeeping were outstanding. Our view of the ice rink and village were like a postcard. We like the rooms at the end of the halls, they are quiet. Our only upset was that the 8100 charges 27$ for a Patron on the rocks and $19 for a glass of mid grade Chardonnay. Went to Splendido for Xmas eve and their drinks were less than that-wonderful restaurant by the way. Thanks for the memories, we will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for one at the end of the halls The spa is outstanding, try it!
1  Thank 2014karen
Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have been there 5 days with couple of friends during the worldcup sky race. The Hotel is realy big but very nice and well appointed. Fantastic heated pool and hot tubs aoutside. really nice when snowing or freezing temperatures as we found. Great fitness club. Ridiculois to ask for 20 $ to access the hot tabs and the jacuzzi in the SPA - very small and really nothing special. Be careful because you have same things in the fitness club included in your room
The Sky valet is a fantastic plus.

Overall very good

Room Tip: We have been in highland suite, 2 separate rooms and a dining room. Quite but not great view. Anywa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

From the time we arrived, we were greeted by the nicest and most accommodating valet guys, lovely and helpful front desk, enthusiastic ski valets, friendly waitstaff and polite bellmen. The rooms have been beautifully remodeled since our last stay. There is no better place to stay in Beaver Creek. A+++++!

Room Tip: Choose slope side, the views are amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wendy k
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I've thought a lot about this review. I stayed here over the Holidays with my son and there was so much that was good. Unfortunately there are just too many rough edges that shouldn't have be there for a property of this category.

The rooms are certainly very nice but I would highlight the following concerns:
- we selected a room with two double beds. The hotel says you can sleep four in this room but in my opinion there is no way two people can share one of these beds comfortably.
- there is no where to dry any clothes in the room. There is a rack in the bathroom but it's not heated. The hotel really missed a trick here. We spent a long time trying to dry out our ski gear with the hair dryer
- noise travels extremely easily between the adjoining doors - we could hear our neighbors talking, laughing and fighting throughout our stay. Most rooms have these so it is hard to avoid.
- there were only a handful of hangers in the huge closets. I ask housekeeping for more but they said they were out. This is an easy fix for the hotel - we ended up draping our gear over chairs and doors - not really what you want.

The gym is outstanding. Plenty of equipment..lots of different workout areas and easy access to some great locker rooms (with sauna and spa). I wish they had offered bottles of water though (again...this is supposed to be a Park Hyatt)

Housekeeping was the weakest link in the entire property. The room was rarely made up the same way each day. There was always something missing (robes; humidifier; soap) or left behind (trash; wet cleaning cloth). They even forgot to clean our room one time (and no - we didn't have the DND sign on the door!). I got the sense they were a brand new staff that was completely overwhelmed.

The ski valet was the best part of this hotel. Friendly, happy staffers who worked incredibly hard to help everyone. I was extremely impressed. I would single out Dinah...this lady was amazing.

This Park Hyatt is different from others that I stay in for work. This has a seasonal staff that changes on a regular basis. I think this is probably the source of their service issues. People in the dining room had recently arrived from other countries in the world (a number from South Africa) and while they were very nice they just weren't oriented to the property, their role and American service standards.

Not sure what management will do going forward to raise standards but I hope my observations help.

Room Tip: While it's nice to look at the mountain you need to be aware that the lifts power up early in th...
2  Thank LeavingOrangeCounty
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was and ideal pre-Chirstmas getaway. Upon arrival, every staff and service person was friendly and helpful in a not-overdone way. The lobby was gorgeously decorated for the holiday and lively music filled the area each afternoon / evening. Later in the night the lobby was quiet and cozy with guests sipping drinks, reading and enjoying the fireplace. Access to the lifts was ideal and the complimentary ski valet, a plus. Situated right in the village we had the option to dine in at the hotel or stroll a few paces to go numerous restaurants and shops, ice skating rink etc. Rooms were lovely and the bed quite comfortable. We were traveling without our kids but next time will bring them along as the hotel is ideal for both family vacations and a romantic getaways. I look forward to my next stay, hopefully soon!

Room Tip: We were more than comfortable in and Alpine View King room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I reserved this vacation through Jetsetter on Gilt.com and had no idea what to expect. I was traveling with my family the week before Christmas in 2012. It was wonderful. The resort was exceptionally well located, the service was impeccable and there was nothing you could think of that you needed that they could not acomodate.

My daughter had a migraine/sinus headache and the hotel sent a courier to the pharmacy in Edwards to pick up a prescription we had called in and then delivered it to our room.

Best stress free family vacation we've had in ages.

Room Tip: We were slope side and had a great view.
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek this past Saturday night! We were only able to stay for one night, but I saw many families checking in for the week! The rooms are newly remodeled and very spacious! The service was amazing and 8200 restaurant was delicious! Loved the live Christmas music in the lobby! Such a fun atmosphere for all to enjoy! I had a deep tissue massage in Spa Avania that I wish would last forever. My fiance skied- make sure to valet your skis and boots- give them to the valet when you check in and they will have them ready for you when you are! Boots warm too! Truly the ONLY ski in and ski out location in Beaver Creek! All I can say is I love this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
2 mi away
The Charter at Beaver Creek
The Charter at Beaver Creek
#9 of 18 in Beaver Creek
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!