“Best Brats!”

Dining options: Lunch
Cranford, New Jersey
“Best Brats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

On recommendation from our daughter's college friend (a local to Vail) we visited the Swiss Hot Dog one day for lunch. Out of the way, but definitely great brats served with an odd combination of toppings, but they all seemed to work. Friendly staff and clean place, I would go back next time in the Vail area!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank 46377Jojo

Olathe, Kansas
“Fresh Take On a Classic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stopped by the Swiss Hot Dog Company as we were driving through the area and it was delicious. My husband had a hot dog made of veal, and mine was topped with braised onions and a beer mustard. Best of all they had Henry Weinhard's root beer available...a favorite of ours which we can't get back home. This place is a little pricey for a hot dog, but when you consider it's such a high quality the $ is worth it.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Rebekah W
Zurich, Switzerland
“Not your ordinary hotdog”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I ordered the regular--which is two of these really unusual veal hotdogs in the best bun ever with sprouts and mustard and onions and a few other things on them. I loved it. They only thing I would do differently next time is omit the onions. No one could get within a 3 foot radius of me for the rest of the afternoon.

Visited July 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Traditional Meets Modern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

The atmosphere is modern (akin to Larkburger). The menu is small, but unique. Ordered the double (sausages) on a bun with mustard, an onion/cilantro mix and sprouts. Different, but good. No alcohol. Not the best dog I've ever head, but a unique experience. Worth the $10.

Visited April 2013
“Woth the trip for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have been going to the Swiss Hotdog Company for over twenty years. Unfortunately, Ernst, the owner had to move out of Lionshead in Vail to about three miles from downtown Avon, across from Walmart. I returned this year after years of not going when I took a day off from skiing. The sausage sandwich was just as wonderful with his wonderful spices and sprouts, while the chicken soup was good, but a notch below its usual fabulousness because of some dark meat and a small piece of chicken bone in the soup. My guess is that Ernst did not make this batch. Nevertheless, if you have never been, you should. I was told that here are days he stays open to seven, which means you can pick up a great sandwich after skiing, or if in the summer, for lunch.

• Visited April 2013