“Really great pastry and worth the trouble to find”
Review of Columbine Bakery

Columbine Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Avon
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This bakery and small cafe is out of the way on a side street in Avon at the foot of Beaver Creek Resort. It is worth the trouble (no prob if you have satellite navigation and I didn't). They had the best hazelnut danish pastry I ever had. The croissants were text book perfect.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The locals place to lunch. In the off season, when all of the restaurants are empty, the Columbine is packed. Testimony to their dependably great food and service. In a little strip across from City Market in Avon. Easy to miss, but look for it.

1  Thank suebor
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Only stopped for a coffee but was tempted by the beautiful cakes on display so we indulged! Friendly and good service. If you need a cake to take home there are some great choices.
Parking nearby, opposite City Market grocery store.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I've eaten here several times with friends in the area - easy spot to meet for lunch. Reasonably priced. We usually get the soup/salad combo that comes with chips and a free baked good. Last time, the soup was merely tepid even though we asked for it to be piping hot. I've also tried the quiche which was tasty but within an hour I was quite sick. Had egg salad another time with the same result. So...not too inclined to try anything with eggs again. Coconut macaroons are awesome! We had seven in our group this time and two meals were brought out and then it was several minutes before the rest appeared which was awkward. My friends, who live here, eat at Columbine all the time and really love it. They especially like the tri-color pasta and the beef bourguignon. I'm so-so about this restaurant but since my friends think it is awesome and go there often, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and award three stars. Personally, I'd rather eat somewhere else.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Our second time here. Place was busy but we got right to table. We ordered quiche, Philly subs, and soup & salad. Service was good even though very busy. All food was great. We also had the Batavian cake (part of meals), it was superb.