“Great value, convenient & comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Christie Lodge

Christie Lodge
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Avon
Beijing, China
“Great value, convenient & comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Convenient and good option to stay in the vail area in an affordable place. For those looking for posh opulence (and able to afford $500/night) - go to vail village. If you have a small group (4people or less), this is your best choice in the area. About $100-120 per night depending on the season and how early you book, all rooms are 2-room suites that comfortably sleep 4 and could fit 6 in a squeeze (queen bed + foldout couch). Have a fully functioning kitchen and nearby grocery store with restaurants and bars in walking distance across the street. Bus out front for free shuttle service to beaver creek leaves every 15min and is only a 15min ride. To vail you will either need to drive (to vail, to a free bus stop, or take the city bus for $4 that is a 5min walk away). The place is overall huge with lots of rooms, a fitness center, outdoor and indoor pool, and like 6 hot tubs (both indoor and outdoor). I'll stay here again for sure.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jon1796

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Erie, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked this hotel on kayak or hotwire. I do not recall but it works perfectly for our family. We got here and were able to spread out the room has a Queen bed and a child's day bed. The living room has a queen sleeper sofa and a kitchenette. Just fridge, microwave, dishwasher and coffee maker with sink but it was nice enough size to house all four of us and the place was clean, even if it is an older property it's proximity to Beaver Creek is perfect. The pizza joint across the street was great and we got to ski hard and watch the AFC championships. GO BRONCOS!!

2 Thank momof2wildchilds
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel and wasn't in room much, but it was a nice stay! They were very friendly at front desk. I loved the fact of having Charter store right by the lobby where you can get souvenirs and rent ski equipment! The only thing that was different to me (as many people said on here) was the design of the stairs...you go up then down to get to your room. It really didn't bother me though. The other thing was that your bed is right next to the door so you hear people walking by and talking. I liked the fact that they had nice fire pits around (inside and outside). The jacuzzi looked inviting but I forgot my bathing suit. Our room had a fireplace which we didn't use but we did use the fridge. We bought a 24 pack of water at grocery store which was across the street. Drink lots of water to prevent altitude sickness and bring Motrin and Tylenol! I had a headache at 3 am and was glad I had medicine! Headaches are another sign of Altitude sickness! They have some shops and restaurants all in walking distance. There is a free shuttle service right in front of Christie Lodge and it takes you to Beaver Creek where we went skiing! It runs every 15 minutes and some part of day, shuttle runs every 30 minutes.
So, all in all, I would stay here again, especially if you are trying to save some money.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

tThe reality is if you are considering the Christie Lodge you probably can't afford to stay at the Ritz in Beaver Creek. This is the best mountain town hotel value you can get.
We've stayed for several long weekends at the Christie Lodge and will keep going back.
Location-Not on the mountain but the shuttle will take you there/back and runs frequently. Free parking, free shuttle. Great pizza place across the street, Beaver Liquer store around the corner.
Hotel-Strange layout but functional. The whole hotel smells like chlorine from the pool but the rooms do not smell at all.
Rooms-the rooms are functional and fairly comfortable. Simple with a small stocked kitchenette. I'd compare it to a nice Quality Inn. Nothing special but again, if you can afford the Ritz, you're not going to stay here. The only negative is the halls echo and if kids are screaming or doors are closing the hotel can get loud. Also, we could her the couple upstairs having sex on their squeaky bed. Awesome way to wake up!

4-start because it's a great value for the location.

Room Tip: Select a high floor with mountain views, otherwise your balcony will face the parking lot and freewa...
new orleans, louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Finally getting around to this, because I want to share my experience at the Christie. About myself: well traveled and I have a Master of Science in Hotel and Tourism Management, so I look at things from both viewpoints, from both a manager's and a tourist's. Check-in was smooth. I was told the lodge is trying to be a top RCI timeshare and they putting forth the effort to make that a reality. Front desk staff was welcoming and through. I must admit I did not pick up my welcome package, so I missed any sales pitch.

I was given a room on the second floor facing Beaver Creek. Nice view of the Avon and "the roundabout". Yes, there was some noise from all of the traffic and the parking lot. Overall, not a problem at all. The room was nice, a little small for more than two people. However, it was clean and very adequate for my needs as a single traveler. The fireplace next to the view of outside was great. The internet worked flawlessly. The kitchen was adequate, even without an oven. It had a small refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher,and electric skillet that worked better than expected. Since it was Thanksgiving, I wanted to cook a small boneless turkey and housekeeping brought me a brand new crock pot that made a perfect turkey for Thanksgiving day. Add stuffing and green beans and my meal was set.

The location is perfect for exploring Beaver Creek, Vail, and Glenwood Canyon. Walmart is one exit away. Walgreens is across the street. Grocery stores are close. Subway is in the building.

Yes, it's true the interior of the hotel needs a makeover. What to do with the odd architecture of the building? They are doing the best they can with what they have. There are comments about the backside of the building facing the freeway, if you ask me some of those rooms have even more privacy and face a mountain too. The noise is not bad. There are grills right outside some of the rooms.

I did have one problem while I was there, maintenance decided to remodel the room above me while I was there. One quick call to the manager at the front desk took care of that. They are truly all good natured employees and want you have a real vacation. One of the guys from housekeeping was especially nice, I wish I could remember his name, but he helped me several times.

For the are being so hoidy toidy, the Christie is laid back, and well-priced. I had a very nice time.

Room Tip: If you are staying for a week, don't be shy to ask for what you want. If you are there one nigh...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
BONITA SPRINGS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We just finished staying a week at The Christie Lodge during our family ski trip. I cannot comment on price since we did it through a timeshare exchange, but the place is well maintained and has a lot of nice amenities.

For 4 days (Epic 4 day pass) we skied Beaver Creek. The shuttle bus got us there for the first run, and a plus is that since Christie Lodge is the first stop for the Avon Skier, we always had a seat. There are interior and exterior hot tubs (and a heated outside pool). We stayed the week including Christmas, and was surprised no one was using the outside pool (the hot tub there was very deep - great for massaging the sore legs from skiing).

The Christie Lodge was very close to the supermarket and other stores and restaurants. We hardly ever drove our car, which was great, since we are not thrilled about driving in the snow.

They also have covered parking, which it seems no one is told about, since the covered lot was relatively empty and the other lot (in front of their building) was filled.

The only negative was that the owners must have recently changed to RCI, complete with a sales team. Coming from Florida and already owning timeshares (purchased sans salespeople), we do not like to spend our time hearing any timeshare presentation (sales people that aggressively engage in conversation, even after politely saying no thank you more than once). We generally avoided the lobby when we saw the timeshare sales team in force, but the rest of the time the Christie Lodge was excellent.

Room Tip: We had room 164, which was bigger than the other units by about 4 feet. While we did not have a balc...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom B, Director of Resort Sales and Marketing at Christie Lodge, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for allowing us to host you during your visit to Colorado and for taking the time to share your comments. We have been affiliated with RCI Weeks for a very long time and have more recently added RCI Platinum Points as an option for our owners. We do have a new sales team on the property providing our owners and guests with RCI membership options. The feedback I have received has been very positive and the sales team is doing very well because of Christie Lodge’s low maintenance fees compared to the number of points received with this type of ownership. Points can be used to add more flexibility to the exchange possibilities and offer a wide range of Platinum Discounts and Rewards to get more out of the vacation week our owners’ own. Since you are a timeshare owner, you must have gone through one or more timeshare sales pitches that I am sure could range from casual conversation to downright aggressive. It is our goal that our sales team is enhancing our guests stay and should not be detracting from them having a wonderful time in our beautiful valley. I encourage any of our guests' that feel they did not have a stellar experience at the Christie Lodge to contact me directly so we can continue to provide a memorable experience to all of our guests. Thank you again for being our guest and for all of your comments that highlighted your great stay with us.
Southington, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had a very nice stay in a 1bedroom unit. Like everyone else's comments, the layout is unique. You enter the unit through the sleeping area which has the bed up against the wall. Built for efficient use of the area. Small single bed also in the sleeping area, perfect for a small child or someone who doesn't toss and turn. Sofa bed, usual "ok" in a pinch - probably a little more comfy just to put a sheet on the sofa and sleep on it. Lack of a cooktop or oven, but electric frying pan worked well for cooking up bacon and some easy dinners. Microwave, coffee maker with plenty of supplies. Small fridge, but perfect for just two of us. Kept everything really cold, in fact when I turned it up to max cold, some food froze. Plenty of towels for two adults Great indoor and outdoor hot tubs and pools. Sauna was nice as long as it was already warm or you turned it on plenty of time in advance. Took a while to warm up, but very nice once it was warm. Plenty of activities. Free shuttle to Beaver Creek for skiing. Great supply of very hot water. Great after a day of skiing. Air is dry, so picked up a humidifier at nearby walmart which helped keep some humidity in our unit. Heating was great. Wood burning fireplace and small deck. Quiet in spite of being right off route 70. Indoor pools close at 9 and we really did not hear kids running around at all. Lots of activities as well as ping pong. Stairs everywhere is unique, but that was a minor nuisance. Staff was great at check in and when two lights were out in out unit maintenance was there within 30 mins of our call. Garage parking available. Overall very pleasant stay. Internet only in the common areas, but I kind of appreciated the lack of service. Multiple fire pits and a gas fire pit outside at pool was really hot vein in December. One bedroom is comfortable for 2adults, probably still comfy with one child, but 4 adults would be tight. Housekeeping replaced all towels on day 4 of our 7 day stay. Subway on premise for quick meal.

Very convenient to vail as well. Did not try the bus to vail. We parked near the Safeway and took the free vail bus

Room Tip: Units closer to the lobby have fewer stairs. Elevators near lobby only
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bbunko
We are so happy you had such a great stay and took the time to write about it. The nice benefit about entering through the bedroom, is the the living room has access to the fireplace and sliding glass door leading to the outdoor balcony. We are always happy to take requests for certain views or floors. Hope to see you back soon. We are having a fantastic winter with lots of great snow.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek
Beaver Creek Lodge
#6 of 18 in Beaver Creek
The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch

Been to Christie Lodge? Share your experiences!