A week at Christie Lodge is not enough! You won't want to leave.
We first visited for a week via RCI. I enjoyed my stay so much I was curious what it would cost to come for a month. The rates were so inexpensive I decided to not wait till next summer & called to make reservations for the month of August. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.
Here’s some points of what I liked best:
* Affordability. The summer weather in Avon was so invigorating! I kept extending my stay and the Lodge never increased their rates on me. They were extremely accommodating on all my requests.
* My favorite thing was the people who work there. The staff was incredibly helpful, responsive and showed sincere concern. Everyone took such personal pride in what ever his or her job was.
* Great location, easy to find and easy access. Avon is full of beautiful public art and flowers blossom everywhere. So just going for a walk is pleasant & rejuvenating. Surrounding cities are effortless to visit from Avon. I was close to all my favorite places, Vail, Beaver Creek, Minturn, St. Edwards, Leadville and Glenwood Springs.
* Christy Lodge seems to be constantly upgrading the property inside and out. In July, they were upgrading their ADA amenities. In August they refurbished the elevators. In September, they resurfaced all their parking lots.
* Generous room amenities and 5 star service.
* The pool was great for doing laps and at night they lit the coolest fire, it was set on a bed of crystals.
* The bed and couch was comfortable.
* The television set, DVD player and the cable worked fine. I couldn’t figure out the DVD settings and called the front desk. They literally had someone to my room to help within 5 minutes. All requests were handled quickly & pleasantly. They even supplied me with an extra table in my room so I could do beading. (Jewelry making)
* Rooms and property were exceptionally clean. I dropped my eyeglasses behind the couch and had to pull it out to find them. What a happy surprise to see how clean it was back there!
* Free weekly activities sponsored by Christie Lodge and the surrounding cities, i.e. Free Concerts, free cooking classes and lectures and free Art shows. Weekends are a fun time for shopping and visiting some of the local Farmer markets and art galleries.
* Lots of Activities and Sports; Biking trails, Hiking trails, Hot tubs, Movies, Swimming both pool & river, Table Tennis, Rafting, Paragliding, etc,
* Dine within walking distance. From down home to gourmet foodies, you won’t be disappointed. Excellence dining from Rocky Mountain Oysters to Colorado BBQ. The area also has lots of fun breweries and coffee shops to chill out at.
* Million dollar Fireworks for the 4th of July in Avon and Vail. Displayed on different evenings so you can attend both. You can even picnic and bring your dog along.
* Free public transportation within most towns and inexpensive transportation between towns.
* Safe, both hotel & surrounding area.
* Extremely vibrant and friendly people everywhere we went.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Christie Lodge is your home to relax and enjoy the breathtaking natural beauty of the surrounding mountains in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. Conveniently located in the heart of the Vail Valley, the Christie Lodge in Avon, Colorado offers affordable one and three bedroom suites with easy access to Vail and Beaver Creek Resorts. Complimentary access to wireless internet, free parking and no resort fees create added value in this world class mountain destination. Spacious one bedroom suites average 410 square feet and feature a queen bed, kitchenette, wood-burning fireplace in the winter and air conditioning in the summer. Three bedroom suites offer two additional bedrooms containing a queen bed, each with an en suite bathroom. All accommodations offer, two flat screen TV's, a queen pullout sleeper sofa, and a private balcony.Christie Lodge amenities include heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools and four hot tubs. The lodge also provides a variety of activities including a kid's activity center, ping pong tables, and Foosball. Our 24 hour front desk, knowledgeable concierge staff, local in-house sporting goods shop, on-site car rental and complimentary shuttle service to Beaver Creek Resort highlight the services Christie Lodge provides to our guests. Be yourself at the Christie Lodge ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Christie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Christie Hotel Avon
- The Christie Lodge
- Christie Lodge Avon, CO - Beaver Creek