“Good if you like bikers, wasps and crying children!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bosworths Tearooms

Bosworths Tearooms
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Good if you like bikers, wasps and crying children!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My fiancé and I visited the pretty picturesque village of Finchingfield on a Sunday afternoon, we went to Bosworths for a spot of lunch. We chose to sit on the outside seating to enjoy the sun, but an awning shelters most of the sun so sadly you end up sitting mostly in the shade.
We ordered sandwiches, these came with a small salad and McCoy's type crisps, you can also opt for granary bread for an higher price. Price of the sandwiches are in excess of £5 so quite pricey.

My fiancé had a pot of tea which he quite enjoyed. I chose hot chocolate which was very nice.
My egg/mayo sandwiches were very tasty. My fiancé chose the chicken and avocado sandwiches.
It would have been the perfect setting but sadly the tea room were allowing a rather unruly crying child to persistently cry and scream its way through a meal in the inside seating area and with the main door constantly open it was very loud for all the other customers trying to enjoy their meals and drinks, so that kind of ruined the whole experience.
There are a few motor cyclists that congregate in the pub next door, mostly middle aged men having a mid life crisis kind of people so all quite civilised but a little inconsiderate when they start their engines up quite close to your table, so if you're not a big fan of bikes then that can be a bit annoying.
To sum up, lovely location, good food and service, just a shame about the othe guests! Including wasps landing in your food!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jaydeana

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, Lovely Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Ended up here after a terrible experience in the inn two doors down. Must say they're absolutely lovely. Nice and polite service, food was good , quickly served and was made to feel very welcome. I do recommend a visit!

• Visited August 2013
Finchingfield, United Kingdom
“excellent Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

always a really nice breakfast which we have had a number of times since moving to Finchingfield staff are friendly

Visited July 2013
Rome, Italy
“Excellent & wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

We arrived in Finchingfield to find all the tearooms closed. However the owner of Bosworths was sitting outside and kindly said that we could come in. We had a delicious cream tea - the scones were succulent and slightly warm. The place is actually much more than a tearoom, as they have quite an extensive menu and the setting on the village green is picture perfect. Will definitely be returning. Thank you very much for opening up for us.

• Visited July 2013
Halstead, United Kingdom
“Bos WORTH it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Sunny Sunday mornings riding a motorcycle rarely appear on ones chocolate box picturesque setting but arriving in Finchingfield over the crest of a 1950s bridge over a duck pond home to all kinds of wild life, you ride past a small green stopping on your right for Bosworths.
Being 6ft 2 I duck through the small doorway of this cafe I order my food and sit back outside overlooking the green , with church , antique centre, windmill it's easy to see why such a setting is so popular arriving here is like arriving in last of the summer wine , motorcyclists ,coach tours , cyclists , elderly all seemingly blend together with the photographer coming out in all of us.
The food arrives with a name call the portion isn't huge but then for all they cater for its a happy medium and a far cry from an eastend bacteria bar. The food is nice , well presented and I feel I can chat freely with anyone in close proximity. Upon finishing my food the table is cleared and cleaned and its only right that if I'm going to review Bosworths correctly I have to sample the ice cream parlour situated on the left side. Ice cream in hand (large) I sit on the green over looking the road which is now littered with motorcycles, cycles, sports cars, and classic cars.
The memorial situated on the green is flanked by kerb stones which I laid some years ago hence my discovery of this gem within our country side and I must say I'm glad I have never been disappointed in my years of dinning here.

• Visited July 2013