“So much fun, and amazing guides”

Crab Apple Whitewater
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in The Forks
More attraction details
Owner description: Family owned and operated since 1983, Crab Apple Whitewater, Inc. offers over twenty different whitewater rafting adventures on rivers in Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont. Our whitewater rafting trips range from mild, family rafting, geared for kids ages 5 and older, to WILD river adventures. Whitewater rafting, inflatable kayaking, and paintball offer great options to craft a unique and outstanding adventure experience. Comfortable overnight lodging, pub and restaurant complete the amenities at our Maine location. Join us as we celebrate over 30 years of whitewater outfitting in New England.
Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“So much fun, and amazing guides”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were a group of fairly adventurous 40+ ladies. Everything about the trip was excellent. The guides, the training, the weather, the river, the boats, the cookout afterward, and the overall crew at Crab Apple Whitewater. If I had more than two thumbs I would point them way up! Bouff was our guide and he was amazing.

Visited June 2014
appleraft, Owner at Crab Apple Whitewater, responded to this review, 7 March 2015
Thank you for the great feedback. Glad your group had so much fun. Crab Apple tries to maintain a quality experience for all of our guests and your comments help our guides know they are doing a great job. A good day of rafting and great company make there jobs seem easy on some days. I'll tell Bouff you had great day and hopefully we'll see you again soon

Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant Experience!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We would like to thank all the staff at Crab Apple for a great day on the river. Our guide Luke was excellent and helped make our experience thrilling and unforgettable. The overnight stay was very good and the burger we had in the restaurant was the best we had on our 2 week trip to the U.S.! Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere of the whole place makes this a must for the bucket list.

Visited June 2014
Hope you had a safe trip back to England! Thanks for taking the time to visit us on your vacation. Luke has been a valued staff member since 1991, guiding many guests on unforgettable experiences. His knowledge and skills on the river are 2nd to none. I'm glad you had a great burger. Crab Apple's menu is simple, but this helps us maintain a quality product. Enjoy your summer and we hope to see you again!
Boston, United Kingdom
“nursing mum goes white water rafting”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Really great day!! The website was packed with useful information. I called the office to ask for more details about the particular trip I was interested in and found everyone that I spoke to helpful and nice. I'm a nursing mother, so I asked if there would be an opportunity to pump during this active day of white water rafting. The staff didn't miss a beat in helping me find a solution that worked for me. On the day, the staff was discrete and loving in meeting my needs. Helps prove you can be an active nursing mum. I will probably be back soon with friends and family.

Visited June 2014
Thanks for the great comments! Being family run for 30 years, Crab Apple understands the needs of an active lifestyle and will try to accommodate any specific needs that our guests have. Our friendly office staff can usually answer any questions guests have and the day of the trip our guides are very informative. Have a great summer and we hope to see you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were there with other friends and we had a real good time. It was relaxing and they had heated pool which was nice and they have a big common area for the kids to hang out.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank pmani73
Glad to hear everyone had fun and you enjoyed your experience at Crab Apple Whitewater. The kids always love our heated pool almost as much as going down The Kennebec. Thanks for all the great comments and have a great summer!
Lincoln, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Crabapple Whitewater Rafting ROCKS!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went last year with friends and had an absolute blast!! We're going again in a few weeks and are so excited because we're doing a super trip where we go down twice in the same day!

I can't say enough good things about them....even a little rain that fell during our ride didn't dampen the spirits or fun of our trip! Breakfast was a delicious buffet with something for everyone. The cookout after the rafting was awesome and plentiful. We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub while the food was on the grill, and had time for a nap and walk in the area. I stayed in the cabin and the accommodations were excellent. It's a cozy cabin in the woods as we expected, and we found it to be very clean, comfortable and quiet. At night, we watched the Bruins in the lounge area, played a little pool and made friends with others who were enjoying their adventure too.

I was really nervous about doing this, but the guides made us feel very safe, going over the rules and procedures in a fun, friendly and informative manner beforehand. I have recommended Crabapple to all my friends, telling them that this is the ONLY company I'd go down the river with again!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Yolomama401
Thank you for the great comments. Rain or Shine rafting with Crab Apple rocks! So glad that you are coming again this summer. "The Super Trip" is a full day of whitewater excitement... Have fun and we'll see you soon!