All reviews new owners wonderful hosts master bedroom places to visit evening meal beautiful countryside relaxing stay warm hospitality rural france local area french countryside within easy reach wonderful place delicious food manor house the main house lovely room
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Chez Jallot holds a special place in our lives as this is where we got engaged! Peter and Jenny helped my fiancé planned the whole thing! and made everything so special! Peter even captured this special moment for us and now we have lovely pictures of this special day. Peter and Jenny were so nice to us and extremely helpful. The jallot is very beautiful and peaceful. There are various walks and hikes that you can take around the area. We loved our stay with Peter and Jenny and hope to come back one day.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter L, Owner at Chez Jallot, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Thanks for the great review. Your engagement here at Chez Jallot was our first, so you will always be guests we remember. We are so glad that we were able to make it such a memorable and enjoyable stay for you both. We look forward to see you back here at some stage, but this time as Mr & Mrs.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

My husband and I stayed in the rather grand house for two nights. The room was wonderful and we enjoyed a superb meal cooked by Peter. The breakfast was delicious too! He is an excellent host, talking about the local area, history and places to visit etc. We then moved to the gite and stayed for a further six nights. Very comfortable with a welcome pack on arrival too. We barbecued, sat on the veranda and enjoyed the tranquility of our surroundings. The lake is an easy 25 minutes drive away and you can stop off on route to collect your bread etc. We shall certainly be back! Ray and Danuta

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea D
Peter L, Owner at Chez Jallot, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad that you had a great time here and that you were both able to enjoy what the house, gardens and surrounding countryside has to offer. The Creuse is a secret gem waiting to be discovered!. I very much look forward to hosting you both again at some point in the very near future.

Pete.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

I booked late as we travelled through France for myself and my wife for a couple of nights. I'm really so glad I did... the Creuse as an area with lots to do and Peter was always on hand to direct and offer ideas. From the first evening meal to the last breakfast we had a brilliant time... my only regret is we didn't stay longer, it was a real highlight of our holiday. The room was very comfortable, the meals delicious and the conversation/history of "the" Grand Design house very interesting. If you love Grand Designs this is a must visit, but if you didn't watch it, visit anyway it is real piece of paradise, with a excellent host.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter L, Owner at Chez Jallot, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for your kind review. It is really great to hear that people have enjoyed themselves both at Chez Jallot and visiting the Creuse as a whole. This is a largely unknown and unspoilt part of France which nearly always surprises visitors to this area. It was great to have you here and it would be lovely to have you back here again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We decided to spend our special wedding anniversary at Chez Jallot
Peter is welcoming and can cook !
We all had a wonderfully happy time in this historic manor house
There is a beautiful lake a short drive away , spend the day there

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Peter L, Owner at Chez Jallot, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

It was a pleasure having you here as guests for your wedding anniversary and I am so glad that you had an enjoyable and memorable time. I look forward to welcoming you both again in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

the house lived up to everything we had seen on the TV programme. Peter is a fantastic and very welcoming host. This trip was part of our 25th wedding anniversary tour, and little touches such as chocolates in the room and champagne before our evening meal were so thoughtful. Our evening meal, and the company, was fantastic, as was the breakfast the next morning. One not to be missed.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter L, Owner at Chez Jallot, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure hosting you here at Chez Jallot and I am really glad that your visit was enjoyable and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back again next time you have a chance to visit the Creuse on holiday.

Peter