“Good Honest Sunday Roast”
Review of The French Horn - CLOSED

The French Horn
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Been twice , last time stopped for a Sunday Roast , good value pub grub, we went late so were offered loads of extra veg for free, easy to find good parking , you can sit outside as well .

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We've eaten here twice now since moving to the area and the first time was on Christmas Day, which was superb. Had Sunday lunch here last week which was great - nice roast with all the trimmings in a relaxed atmosphere. The team go to great lengths to make sure everything's just as it should be - nothing formal just a really friendly place to have good food and drink. It's a Wadworths pub (might be good or not for you) but there's plenty of choice for beer drinkers and a good selection of reasonably priced wine.
Good sized bar area, nice dining room and wood burners to keep you warm.
Plenty of free parking, and right next to the canal with some nice walks.
We'll be visiting frequently, no doubt......

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Went here for work lunch and Boxing Day meal. Both times service and food was exceptional. Can highly recommend the steaks.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

A welcoming team, comfortable surroundings and a very big choice of food. Always worries me that it will all be pre-packed Brake Brothers stuff, but if it was, it tasted good. I had the chilli, well presented with nachos salsa and cheese in separate small cups. My wife had theThai fish cakes -sauce - too creamy for her taste but served with her choice of Rosti potato.
Prices for food around £10-£14 so bill for 2 incl drinks £30.
A pleasant experience, would have been enhanced by the woodburner being on, but this is good value pub eating.

1  Thank Mike J
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Recently had dinner at the French Horn.....what a great name! I had previously checked it out via Trip Advisor and thought it was with visiting. Good location with plenty of parking. The welcome was very warm and informative. It's quite a large place and has a huge selection of food. I didn't like having to stand in front of a blackboard and read the menu, place my drinks order, carry them to the table and would have preferred to be seated, have a drink and take my time deciding what I would like to have and make an event of it.
I had the pasta dish which was a large portion. I felt that there was too much cream in the dish. The garlic bread was fantastic but would have liked a more flavoursome dressing on the salad. I had the cheese board and coffee and thought that was very good value. I feel the food and decor is dated and could be revitalised but recognise that this is my own personal taste. Did I feel I had value for money? Yes! Would I go back? Yes....if I'm not barred by this review. Good luck and Merry Christmas.