“Mr”
other travellers have booked this property
Sitting area Kitchen/dining area
From top gate to lake
Boat at Milkhouse Water mooring
Bridge at Milkhouse Water
Top of Martinsell Hill
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Doug K
“Mr”
Reviewed 1 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Comfy, well equipped, lodge. Warm and cozy. Quiet setting with walks for dog. Marlborough is 15 mins away and is a lovely town with good shops, pubs, cafés etc

Althusian
UK
“A peaceful corner of Wiltshire”
Reviewed 21 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We enjoyed staying at Heron's Nest in September. The site is lovely, with grassy areas, a stream, pools and trees. Our cabin was partially screened from others by shrubs and small trees - the pictures on their website (willowbanklodges.com) give a good impression of the site. If you're out early in the morning the mist over the pool is beautiful. I did see a kingfisher, besides the resident swans who ambled past occasionally. Because there are only five accommodations, it's a relaxed and quiet site. It's situated down a very quiet lane in the Vale of Pewsey, but it's only five minutes drive from Pewsey which has shops (including a good co-op) pubs, a train station and buses.
The cabin was clean, warm, dry and certainly spacious enough for the two of us, and I think would be very comfortable all year round. In warm weather the verandah provides an additional space.
We used the cabin as a base for walking on the Wiltshire downs (visiting several white horses carved in the hillsides nearby). Their website lists many of the attractions within an easy drive. It's also two minutes walk down the lane from the Kennet and Avon Canal, which winds peacefully through the area and offers some walking on the flat along the tow-path.
We'd certainly go again.

Management Response
27 Sep 2017
Hello! Thank you so much for your very kind comments and for such a comprehensive review about the immediate vicinity which I am sure other travellers will find very helpful. How wonderful you saw one of our kingfishers - a guest has reported seeing them flying down the stream in front of Herons Nest in a pair which must be quite a rare sight! I look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future.
Regdiner1...
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“Not disability friendly!”
Reviewed 12 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Made inquiries in April (email and telephone) regarding a prospective booking in September 2017 and needs arising from my disability. Alas Nicky's 24 hour 100% response rate appears not to be applicable to those of us who are disabled - as three weeks later I've still had no response.
2017 and it would appear that for some service providers the disabled are still a no go area. Shame on You!!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
14 May 2017
Hello Peter! I am very surprised to receive such a damning 'review' and one which strongly suggests I have not responded to your enquiry because of your disability! If you left a telephone message then I have not personally taken it off the ansafone, as I do respond to all messages - this is how I earn my income so all enquiries are important to me. Up until 10 days ago my daughter was living with me and I can only think that she took down your message then forgot to give it to me, in which case my apologies. These things occasionally happen when the business is run from home and other family members are around.

As far as any email enquiry is concerned, I have just done a search of my Inbox, my Sent box and have searched my personal hotmail account to which a copy of all my business emails are sent as a back up. Furthermore, I have trawled through all my emails back to 1st April to see if I have missed replying to any of them in case your email did not include your name in it and, again, nothing has flagged up. I have dealt with everything. Perhaps you thought you sent me an email but didn't press the Send button, or sent it to a different address by mistake, easy to do if you were looking at a lot of different accommodation at the time.

I have had a lot of disabled people stay at the cabins, some requiring special equipment to be delivered and I am only too aware of the lack of accommodation which is suitable for people with mobility problems so am very pleased to be able to offer my lodges which are suitable for most of their needs.

If you would like to phone me again or send an email to nickywood@willowbanklodges.com, I would be delighted to tell you whether or not one of the cabins (I have two sizes) would be suitable for you and whether or not the dates fit.

Best wishes,
Nicky Wood
Caroline...
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“The best place in the UK to unwind and relax”
Reviewed 3 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Heron's nest is a wonderful log cabin. It is tastefully decorated and has absolutely everything you need for a very relaxing stay. We had the best week just relaxing in the cabin, sitting on the veranda and taking our Labrador for some lovely walks. Nicky is really lovely and we met Pete the grounds man - who was also very helpful and welcoming.

We would recommend this to all who say " We would just like to relax and do nothing for a week". It was brilliant !!

Ray904
“Very Special Place”
Reviewed 29 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Stayed midweek for four nights. Lovely quiet location to chill out and enjoy the surrounding area. The lodge was excellent and furnished to a very high standard. Ideal for visiting places like Marlborough, Devised and Bath. We would certainly return to this lovely tranquil haven.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet and Wi Fi was a bonus
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
revvivi
Exeter, United Kingdom
“A perfect holiday haven”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

My husband and I stayed in Heron's Nest for three nights while attending a family wedding nearby. We stay in self-catering places several times every year, both in UK and abroad, and this was way up with the very best. The cabin is beautifully and thoughtfully appointed, spacious, comfortable and spotless. The grounds of Willowbank Lodge are idyllic, with a stream running immediately in front of Heron's Nest and a lake in the grounds behind. Pewsey and shops are five minutes away by car, just in case. Highly recommended.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall sense of thoughtful provision.
Liked least: It rained!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
ChrisBrig...
Towcester, United Kingdom
“What a treat”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

We stayed in the Bullrush lodge for 3 nights over the New Year (2013/2014) and what a treat it was. We went as two young families with two toddlers. There was so much space available and the lodges we so well equipped we felt at home almost immediately.

The location is excellent if you like long country walks and the outdoors. Pewsey town is only 1.5 miles away and the Market town of Malborough is a 10 minute drive.

We will certainly be looking to return at some point in the summer perhaps, to see this beautiful area in all its glory

Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing