“Best steak and kidney pudding EVER”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Ranked #10 of 20 Restaurants in Pewsey
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Description: Open for food: Friday between 1800 and 2100, Sunday between 1200 and 1400, booking on other days possible by arrangement.
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Best steak and kidney pudding EVER”
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Great service from Vaughan
And the steak and kidney pudding just like Grandmas melt in the mouth and packed with chunks of meat !!!
Brilliant

9 Thank Greg C

Midsomer Norton, United Kingdom
“Not only a restaurant but a home brewery as well”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

From the moment I walked in to this pub I knew that this was the real deal. Vaughan and Helen welcomed us as part of a Wake - largely consisting of Irish people - so it was a very jolly event.

They had made a splendid buffet for us. The eating and bar area was a little cramped but then there were about 40 of us so we had to move around carefuly clutching our food and drinks.

Now dear people the drinks here are in a class of their own. Theh have ciders and beers with outrageous names. I had a lovely clear libation called 'Rosie's Pig Cider'. Chemical free (cheers), lovely and tasty (more cheers) and a lovely colour.

It is the home of the 'World's End Ales' brewery and I can say without any doubt that if you are within say 5 miles of SN9 5EL turn off the main road, pop up the hill and spend a happy few hours in a most delightul and authentic atmosphere.

I do sound a bit over the top, unlike my usual measured style, but in this case it is worth it.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Brian-Snellgrove
“An excellent little brewpub serving wonderful Sunday lunches”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This pub brews it's own beer on the premises, with up to four of their own beers available in the bar, plus 2 or 3 others.

Although food is only served at Sunday lunchtime and on Friday evenings, the Sunday lunches are delicious. The dishes are all home cooked using locally sourced meat, and are excellent value.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank GoodBeer D
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Home cooked, home brewed”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

What a find, the best pub in Pewsey! I arrived after an extremely busy Sunday morning not realising the time had past 14.00. Vaughan and Helen couldn't have been more helpful, even though I suspect that Vaughan had already closed the kitchen, a Sunday roast made it's way quickly to my table (with the best beef I've had in a pub lunch, more like Mother used to cook) where I was already enjoying some of the World's End Ales brewed in the micro brewery on the premises by Vaughan and son. Good food, good beer, good conversation, and by the time I'd finished with these, the locals were turning up and there was more good conversation. In short everything you'd like from your local - pity it's not mine, I can't wait to go back

• Visited September 2013