“Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere shabby Chic with A Mediterranean Feel!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Glass House - CLOSED

The Glass House
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are open for breakfast/tea/coffee/cake from 10 am Tuesday to Sunday - just call in, no need to book. Lunch begins from 1130am and is served until 2.15pm. Booking NOT essential at this time of year (advisable during summer months July, August).
Horwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere shabby Chic with A Mediterranean Feel!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had lunch here Saturday, I thought that Food standard was excellent I ordered Goats Cheese Tartlet with caramelised Onions and salad, very tasty, My friend had the Cheese and Tomato quiche which too was tasty, washed down with Chilean Red wine. The restaurant is set inside a very large green house, you feel like your outside it's very bright, there's a real Mediterranean feel to the place where the Vines and Grapes grown freely around you. You really feel you are somewhere else. I would recommend this place to spend a Laid Back lunch with Fantastic food. The Only criticism that I have I though that the staff where slow, I ordered two wines one for me and one for my friend, However only one came and I had to wait over 10 minutes for mine.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank l s

Preston, United Kingdom
“Lovely place for ladies who lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Visited today with my mum to use vouchers which my mother on law had given me for a birthday present. A great idea... A very large greenhouse, adorned with lots of mismatched tables, chairs, pots and chandeliers! We arrived just before 12 and we sat straight away but they were turning people away.. Not sure I would have waited for as long as some had to! We had a glass of wine each, I then had the chicken, pear and walnut salad and mum ordered the prawn sandwich with pea and watercress soup - however we never received the soup and had to remind the waitress before paying. I have to say it was possibly the best 'salad' I've had, with lots of attractive fruits on there and a lovely dressing! We then had a coffee each and slice of cake! Quite expensive at £38 for lunch but was a lovely treat!

“Excellent Ifood with friendly service in nice suroundings.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have visited here a few times and have always feel made welcome. Excellent food and excellent service what more do you want.The surroundings have natural beauty that is different.

1 Thank jorspy
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“An unexpected find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A lovely spot on a sunny day to enjoy a glass of fizz and fabulous fresh salad .. Worth a visit ... Very pretty surroundings . Relaxed service suits me but those in a hurry might get a little frustrated .

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank diane r
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Setting and Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Second visit, simple menu with some interesting full of flavour food. Extremely tasty, good quality, local food.
Set in a large glasshouse providing a nice and relaxing atmosphere.
Would whole heartedly, recommend this place for lunch or just tea/coffee and cake.

Visited May 2014