“Want to feel safe and have excellent customer service? Well you won't find it at Posada Mexico”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Posada Mexico

Posada Mexico
Ranked #3 of 15 Zipolite B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Upon arriving at Posada Mexico I was taken back by the sheer beauty of its location. The place was clean and tidy, and our rooms (the most expensive in the place) had incredible views of the sea. All seemed fine our first night. The food was lovely which we added to our room tab. I thought to myself I was in heaven. That was until the next day.... My friends had returned from a walk a long the beach, and found that their rooms had been locked from the inside and the balcony window was open... (Their room was the ground floor room overlooking the sea front) Obviously they alerted the male manager straight away. Foolishly we expected him to be concerned about what had happened, but he was not. In fact he didn't even care. And without even checking he said "that nothing had been taken so why are you concerned?" At that point alarm bells started ringing. Not really the answer you want to hear after your rooms been broken into, isn't? The way the balcony windows locked (and they had been when my friends had left) means its very difficult to open from the outside. The door to the room was completely un- damaged which seems to suggest that either the person who had entered the room could pick locks very quickly without being noticed by people sitting at the bar or they had a key.... Which obviously wouldn't arouse suspicion from people in the area. Now I'm not accusing the staff of burglary as nothing was taken (their valueables weren't on full display), but someone had defiantly entered that room, locked the door from the inside and had got out of the window..... (my friend had to climb through that window to unloch the door) I personally believe the intruder had been disrupted half way through looking and had to make a quick exit through the window. I'm not suggesting that the male manager was to blame or any other member of staff. But either way his completed lack of concern about the safety of my friends room was very unsettling. He really didn't care. And when we asked whether this had happen before, he completely denied it (something we later found completely untrue after speaking to locals). Obviously this place wasn't for us so we decided to leave. Now to be fair, a young female member of staff was incredibly nice and helpful. She said we didn't have to clear our tab and we didn't have to pay for that night as we were leaving. (it's was about 7pm by then). This kind gester slightly comforted us after the dreadful treatment from the male manager (mid ish aged man with brown curly hair)..... But this feeling didn't last long. The next day the male manger tracked us down at our new hotel and damanded that we clear the tab and the female member of staff had made a mistake and it was only our breakfast that was given to us for free....(Pathetic gester after the treatment we received and morally once someone says you don't need to pay the tab "it's on us", it's pretty awful that they took that gester back). Anyway we cleared the tab in the end after we had argued with him about a "few extra things" had been added that weren't ours or had been paid in cash. Needless to say, but I wouldn't recommend staying at Posada Mexico if you have items of value.... But by all means stay somewhere else and go there for food. To be fair it's the best we eat in Zipolite. But I'd pay for everything cash and not run a tab... As "mistakes" can happen.

• Stayed November 2013
7 Thank Karrimor84

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oaxaca, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

If you're looking for a rustically charming place with friendly and attentive staff and great food, then this is it. Seriously. This is that place.

The owners seem to care and have made sure that the rooms are clean and creatively decorated and look out onto a beautifully maintained communal space. The restaurant offers some great Italian dishes at affordable prices (we both had fillet steaks and a bottle of half decent Argentine malbec and the bill was less than 500 pesos) and the chirpy guy behind the bar was a whizz at knocking up tasty cocktails (2 for 50 pesos)...although I did question his bull ring nose piercing.

The only minor criticism was that come Sunday my excitement about pizza from the wood fired oven was short lived as we were told only the breakfast menu would be available during the day. A missed opportunity.

Aside from that, this is a great place to stay and I can't thank the helpful and smiley staff enough!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Thanks to Posada Mexico it made my dreams true it is the perfect place to stay is the place I was looking for ,it is a paradise all the persons who works there all of them are so nice and all of them makes you fell in your own home the Posada i recommend 100/00 and if i go back to Mexico and i have another trip for sure i will go back to POSADA MEXICO

Room Tip: choose the best one the sol cabana
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chasala
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

Posada Mexico is a very pleasant place, it is right on the beach, rooms decorated with warm colors and exotic furniture. The mosquito net well placed to allow for a comfortable sleep. Every room has its own hamac. Irma and Massimiliano are super nice people, always ready to help.
On Saturday there is circus show and happy hour several days a week - definitely a place with a good vibe!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Rosamaria B
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Posada Mexico on the delightful Zipolite coast of Oaxaca. The rooms are basic, but the site and service are out of this world. With a great restaurant on site as
well as several others within easy walking, it adds up to a perfect vacation spot. Host Irma will add to your very pleasant stay there.

Room Tip: I chose the one room that looks out on the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

Spent a week in January chilling with my wife at Zipolite. Casa Posada was the perfect place to stay. Very well run, gardens and room attended to every day by a friendly, helpfull staff. Excellent restaurant right on the beach. Breakfast on the beach a great way to start the day.
The room had a cold shower, but not a big deal, Zipolite is not a luxury destination.
Irma is to be congratulated, she runs a tight ship, and there is attention to detail that will delight. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a beach getaway in Zipolite.

Bob

Room Tip: Front rooms get to hear the restaurant entertainment for free!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed at Posada Mexico for two weeks over this past Christmas. I found it to be the cleanest, most social and friendly place on the beach. The rooms were tidy and cleaned daily (which has not always been my experience in similar hotels). Each room had its own private bathroom and safe. The grounds were well taken care of and the bar/restaurant was always lively with people coming by for drinks or food (which was very good-especially the pizza). During the week between Christmas and New Years there were always special events scheduled at night, which added to the festive atmosphere. These always were finished by 11 PM-which I thought was very reasonable.

Sunsets at Posada Mexico were a special place to be, with Tiki Lamps, music, two for one cocktails and free snacks.

Irma, the hostess, was always friendly and smiling and going out of her way to make everyone comfortable. She bent over backwards to make me feel at home. In fact, when I got a bad ear infection, she arranged for me to see a Doctor in Puerto Angel and then drove me there-not many places would do that!

I will always have a special place in my heart for Zipolite in general and Posada Mexico in particular and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo